Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 05:02 AM

213 posts, read 183,362 times

Advertisements

Uhm, Facebook? Or are you planning to go somewhere, hang out on the streets, and see if you can grab one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 10:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Richardson has a couple of Turkish restaurants and one of the larger Muslim populations in the area but I don't recall ever meeting anyone who was actually from Turkey.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:00 PM

130 posts, read 153,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
You are right, i've heard it from others too. These schools mostly have Turk owners and teachers, just like Nail Salon business and doghnut shop businesses are more popular among another immigrant community.
https://hsbdallas.harmonytx.org/ ... right off PGBT & Coit.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:49 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,173,706 times
I met a client whose wife is Turkish, he thinks Turks doesn't have a hub here is Texas, there aren't that many to make clusters. In his opinion, Turks who doesn't like living in Turkey, prefer moving to European countries.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:12 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
The owner of Tabriz Rugs in OKC is from Turkey. Saiid but a different spelling. Call him . Expats especially small groups know of each other.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:27 PM

3,069 posts, read 8,411,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
I want to know where I could find any places that have a high concentration of Turks in or around the DFW Metroplex. I am learning Turkish and even bought my plane ticket, I will be going in October. I would like to meet up with some Turks or any Turkish speakers to speak Turkish and talk about Turkey with. I would like to level up on my Turkish language skills.

I am thinking basically the north parts of the metroplex are where there are the highest concentrations. Especially Grapevine, Richardson, Carollton, or Plano. That's where there are lots of people from all over Asia, but something tells me trying to find a Turk even there is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are a minority inside a minority (Asian). Vietnamese aren't hard to find at all, I seen also Koreans, Indians, Nepali and I believe some from the Levant. Of the Middle Easterns I think I seen Persian/Iranian the most.

Yes, again I'm looking to see if there's a place where I could find some, if not, what about other Central Asian or Middle Eastern nations?
Moderator cut: English only
You can try speaking with this group. They work with or sponsor various Turkish/American
organizations including a Turkish Community center in Richardson as well as other
locations.
[/font]

Raindrop Foundation

You can try this BB which is for Expats of all nations.

https://www.internations.org/

Also check out MeetUp to see if there are any Turkish centric groups listed.

https://www.meetup.com/

Good luck and enjoy your trip!! Some of the most friendly people I've met were Turks!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-25-2018 at 04:43 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:15 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,565 times
To Moderator cut: English only
I will probably go to Capadoccia later. I want to stay in the cave hotels and ride the hot air balloons. Thanks for your help. I'm not Turkish, I'm actually Mexican but yeah I would like to go to Turkey. I don't think the US is a good environment for making friends and/or getting a gf/bf Especially if you are not in school. I guess people only find their loved ones in school and work. It's been well over a couple years since I graduated and also where I work most people are already married and in their 30s or 40s (or older) and have children or even grandchildren. The demographics here in Texas (especially DFW) look to be more in my favor than in the state I moved from but as I said I don't think this is a good environment for getting a gf or even getting friends. I don't think the people are very friendly here (at least DFW) and in fact I find some people to be very rude.

How do you even make friends here? Talking to random people feels weird here, I feel they don't like that. I tried Meetup and it hasnt worked for me..then again maybe I dont know how to use it properly. I have an internations account actually and wow boy Im underwhelmed. I gotta look at Dallas-Fort Worth for what it is. It's a work city, it's a business city and people are just here to grind. That is.... just work a lot and save money so they can get nice things or go back home and improve the quality of life there. Nothing wrong with that. I think in the US basically it is not good or ideal for making friends or even getting a gf. I think maybe that is what Latin America, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia are for maybe. Latin America, parts of Asia and Africa I imagine are more human. Also, you will ask me why Turkey? Well I have lots of facebook friends from Turkey male and female haha. Also, I can't help but notice Turkish women are so beautiful and there have been various stunningly beautiful Turkish women who admitted that I'm handsome and they would date me. Some even said they would marry me but of course the biggest obstacle is the distance and religion. I NEVER get that from American women. Even Canadian women I feel are more approachable. I even had a Japanese girl tell me I have a charming smile and that I'm handsome.

Sorry, I don't even know where to begin, my thoughts are all over the place.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-25-2018 at 04:44 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:24 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,565 times
I have made a few friends, and I have one who I'm close to thank God. We have some similar goals. We both have YouTube Channels and have collaborated together. I can share our channels if anyone is interested. My channel name is Antonio Maldonado. Maybe some of you have seen it maybe not. But yeah I speak and teach some languages and have videos of me speaking to strangers in their native language. I have a few things such as history and culture that I talk about and some food and travel videos. I was hoping to meet at least a Turkish speaker. It doesn't matter if they are Turkish or not. There are a few but the only places where I can spot them for sure are on the Turkish restaurants of course. I think maybe I should give meetup dot com another try. Please dont tell me to find a girl in my area using tinder or something like that. I tried tinder it doesnt work. Tinder is definitely only on the woman's favor and/or on the top 15% or 20% of guys.

One thing I would probably like is marrying a Turkish girl or one from some foreign country, bring her to the US, maybe DFW and live here. Then again I don't know, I also sometimes fear that she would absorb the local culture. I like Texas, I like Dallas-Fort Worth, I just don't like the people...and maybe the long distances (But I gotta probably understand that the people are a product of their environment. They are just adapted to it.). What I mean by her absorbing the local culture is that she will become liberal and maybe promiscuous or something..or maybe Im just imagining things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas