Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc View Post
Prices are going down drastically eveywhere in dfw. If you are not seeing it that means you are sleeping day and night. My email box filling with tens of price drops everyday.
Your first claim is patently and provably false.

Your second point is absurd because it's you who must be sleeping all the time by not keeping up with reality.

Your last claim is probably false but doesn't matter either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 06:44 AM

318 posts, read 337,644 times
Sacramento & Seattle are first to actually have drops.

It’s crazy seeing the replies in thread, everyone thinks prices will go up forever, realtors also. Friends homes have went up from 230k- to 300 in 2.5 yrs and everyone thinks it willl just keep climbing.

Not saying a crash is coming but it’s ok for people to see another side.

A quick google search will tell you it’s hall Ej for all over the U.S this isn’t last year. The price drops in the DFW are nothing like last year this time of the year. It was a lot of panic buying spring the way I see it.

Redfin CEO warned people it will continue & the company has a stock he has no reason to make things up and have his share price fall FYI

Old 08-14-2018, 06:46 AM

A lot of homes in HEB, Richland hills, & dallas are in there 2nd price drops it’s just the beginning of August

Yes some homes are still selling fast, even in crash people were buying that’s nothing to look at

Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 AM

242 posts, read 360,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonview View Post
Sacramento & Seattle are first to actually have drops.

It’s crazy seeing the replies in thread, everyone thinks prices will go up forever, realtors also. Friends homes have went up from 230k- to 300 in 2.5 yrs and everyone thinks it willl just keep climbing.

Not saying a crash is coming but it’s ok for people to see another side.

A quick google search will tell you it’s hall Ej for all over the U.S this isn’t last year. The price drops in the DFW are nothing like last year this time of the year. It was a lot of panic buying spring the way I see it.

Redfin CEO warned people it will continue & the company has a stock he has no reason to make things up and have his share price fall FYI
Yes the prices of homes are going to go up forever. Just like everything else you buy. I have a feeling you are younger and never lived though or studied inflation. Perhaps you immigrated here and don't know how things work since we left the gold standard.

Prior to the 90's we had high interest rates and houses went up at insane rates. In the late 70's interest rates were something like 19% for home loans. Houses didn't fall either they went up like crazy.

Peoples wages also went up too so at the end of the day it didn't matter. With the housing crises it could have went either way. The governments around the world printed money so instead of a crash we are going to have 500k houses and everyone make 100k a year instead. Of course that 100k will only buy what 50k did 10 years ago.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc View Post
Prices are going down drastically eveywhere in dfw. If you are not seeing it that means you are sleeping day and night. My email box filling with tens of price drops everyday.
Please. That's a whole lot of wishful thinking and you know it. Maybe you're kicking yourself for not buying when interest rates and prices were a little lower?

People are still flocking to this area, like it or not. There's not enough inventory to satisfy demand. The job market here is healthy. Unemployment is low. Interest rates are still very low. (Talk to someone who bought a house from the late 70s all the way through the late 90s and ask them what their interest rate was/is. Or Google it yourself.)

All of this points to continuing price increases. Maybe prices won't go up as fast in the future as they have over the last 5 years, but you're not going to see house prices drop by 20-25%.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,237,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Please. That's a whole lot of wishful thinking and you know it. Maybe you're kicking yourself for not buying when interest rates and prices were a little lower?

People are still flocking to this area, like it or not. There's not enough inventory to satisfy demand. The job market here is healthy. Unemployment is low. Interest rates are still very low. (Talk to someone who bought a house from the late 70s all the way through the late 90s and ask them what their interest rate was/is. Or Google it yourself.)

All of this points to continuing price increases. Maybe prices won't go up as fast in the future as they have over the last 5 years, but you're not going to see house prices drop by 20-25%.

This sums it up nicely.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:49 AM

349 posts, read 379,024 times
I, too, have a ton of redfin homes on my favorites list. I've seen a few price drops in the FW / SW arlington / Mansfield area, but I've seen those all year long. It's not suddenly a massive wave of price drops, that's FUD. The drops I have seen are like 2-3k. Many sellers do that just to "refresh" the listing and hopefully entice new buyers. The sky is falling!

On the other hand, I've seen many houses sell. A strong majority of the homes I've favorited in the last 3 months have all sold.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
Yes the prices of homes are going to go up forever. Just like everything else you buy. I have a feeling you are younger and never lived though or studied inflation. Perhaps you immigrated here and don't know how things work since we left the gold standard.

Prior to the 90's we had high interest rates and houses went up at insane rates. In the late 70's interest rates were something like 19% for home loans. Houses didn't fall either they went up like crazy.

Peoples wages also went up too so at the end of the day it didn't matter. With the housing crises it could have went either way. The governments around the world printed money so instead of a crash we are going to have 500k houses and everyone make 100k a year instead. Of course that 100k will only buy what 50k did 10 years ago.
Of course long term they will continue to go up, prices go up and down. But will go up more I understand inflation.

However prices went straight up FAST for 6 years straigh, some houses in some markets doubled.

You asked me have a studied inflation, your post makes think you haven’t studied housing trends before.

Once again I’m not predicting a crash please refer to my past post.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:58 AM

I’m predicting new home builders will start to lower prices next.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 AM

I’ve saw move in ready homes go down from $325 to $300 in 30 days if you would’ve bought beginning if summer.

That is signicant on a mortgage, so most of you saying this is the end won’t go down anymore and will go back up tomorrow or stay flat? after 6 year of going up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas