Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 03:06 PM

12 posts, read 13,146 times

Advertisements

So I'm house hunting and found a place I really like within the Indian Creek HOA. I'm trying to search online, but can't find much on Indian Creek or their HOA. Does anyone live their or know anything about that area? Is the HOA one of those horribly strict ones?

The only negative about the location of the house I can find is that it is located right next to the Indian Creek Golf Course, so the neighborhood is protected from flooding by a levee. According to the FEMA maps, it's technically in a 0.1% flood area because of the levees. Does Carrollton get flooded often?

Otherwise, the house has everything I want at a price I like. I'm just having a hard time researching the specific neighborhood. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 06:43 AM

23,875 posts, read 10,251,883 times
Your real estate agent can get you a copy of the HOA covenants and declarations. Historic weather maps are available on line.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:16 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Your real estate agent can get you a copy of the HOA covenants and declarations. Historic weather maps are available on line.
Not really until you have a contract. HOA's now can charge $200-300 to get a set of Documents.

It's a big money maker for them and they don't give them away. A Seller might have an old copy where they bought the house but usually they have not saved them.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:51 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,561,244 times
Try to find out if they have a neighborhood Facebook page or other social media. That’ll definitely give you some insight into possible issues with the HOA.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Try to find out if they have a neighborhood Facebook page or other social media. That’ll definitely give you some insight into possible issues with the HOA.
I actually did that already. Found their website, but there’s nothing public. You have to login into your account to see anything. It was after I found their website that I came on here hoping someone knew something about that particular neighborhood or HOA.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonk View Post
I actually did that already. Found their website, but there’s nothing public. You have to login into your account to see anything. It was after I found their website that I came on here hoping someone knew something about that particular neighborhood or HOA.
I’m not talking about their website. Almost every one of those suburb neighborhoods will have something like this

https://m.facebook.com/VillagesofIndianCreek/

There will be some HOA announcements, random rants about speeding or parking, etc.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:17 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
You might also check out their Next Door page.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You might also check out their Next Door page.
Only downside to Nextdoor as a research option is that they verify your address.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,694,168 times
Isn't the Dump over there? When I lived in the area and sold houses, that was always a concern, about being down-wind of the dump.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Isn't the Dump over there? When I lived in the area and sold houses, that was always a concern, about being down-wind of the dump.
Interesting...didn’t know that until I did a Google search. Looks like it’s 2 miles away (as the crow flies). I know I haven’t noticed any smells every time I’ve gone to the house. There was even a pretty strong breeze the last time I was there. Never would have known if you didn’t mention it. Hmmmm.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: