Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 AM

5 posts, read 36,690 times

Advertisements

I have couple of questions in mind before I make a move to Frisco, TX.

Because of the relatively economical housing market, good universities, school education etc I am willing to move to TX. Is Frisco a better choice or is there any other city preferable? If Frisco then which county's schools are better to raise kids? I am curious to know these questions.

So far I have selected Stonegate West community in Frisco, is this community good? Is the home builder 'Grand Homes' good? Is the city Keller good? Toll Brothers making a community 'Heritage' in Keller, how about schools in Keller? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
San, Ph.D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 29,410 times
We bought a home in Plano couple of months back and school was our biggest consideration. We went by the TAKS rating - which rates schools from Exemplary to Unacceptable. We were looking for homes in Frisco and Plano which are either Exemplary or Recognized. You can find the latest ratings online.
Frisco Exemplary schools are very good is what I have heard.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 29,410 times
BTW, here is the latest school ratings

http://www.republictitle.com/outbound/ResGuide/School%20Ratings.pdf (broken link)

Old 12-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Thanks DallasIndian.

Are you from India? If yes, can I talk to you? My e-mail address is sbagga41@yahoo.com

Regards,
San from New Delhi

Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM

549 posts, read 2,194,440 times
Hello,

I do not live in Texas but plan on visiting Frisco as I am considering moving there. I am doing a lot of research before I go. From what I have gathered West Frisco is still developing where as East Frisco is more established. Bothe are good but you have to visit and see what best fits you. All schools in Frisco are good but there are some that are rated higher than others.

You have to be careful with all builders but Grand Homes has ranked dead last for the last 2 years in JD Power ratings.

Please research as much as you can on your own and form your own opinions and then visit.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 PM

Thanks DallasIndian and NY Dallas for providing me suitable answers.

So far, I am convinced with Plano, Frisco and McKinney but I need some guidance where exactly to go. I will make a visit to these areas to decide further.

How about Dallas near I-20/I-35? I believe schools over there belong to Duncanville ISD, is this good?

I have another point to ask? For how much I can have a small shop for a jewelery set up in the mall or in any shopping area. Can anyone throw some light?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,550 times
Frisco is excellent. Also, consider Mckinney (75070). Alot of Mckinney is in the Frisco school district. Is a perfect location, with cheaper Mckinney housing prices. Close to Malls, freeways, food, etc.. Perfect place for a family. I would not recommend anything on the south side of DFW (Desoto, Duncanville, Ft Worth, etc) Just my opinion.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
Seeing that this thread is over two years old, I think the OP has moved already. FYI, there are nice areas in the southern suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas