Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:38 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,173,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer1 View Post
Like budget, $500k+

what you expect for the money, great house and location

job locations, centrally located

desired commute times, can be on the high side

and other key considerations (ie, proximity to airports, decent airport commute, as I will travel twice a month for work

or a kids’ activity, would be nice
or an ethnic enclave, no enclaves
My recommendation would be to use intersection of 121 and DNT as your farthest limit. For your budget, you can find something decent without compromising on location. Yes, things get cheaper if you just keep driving farther but if you want to stay central with decent commute in all directions, draw a circle on map and stick to it, your budget is enough to get you a decent home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 09:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
A lot Indians in Frisco... This will boost the quality of schools and create a more culturally diverse community.If in Frisco make sure to purchase homes that face North as it will be easier to resell to Indian buyers as that is the demographic that is buying most of the houses especially in the newer subdivisions.
Having Indian children in schools does not "boost school quality". It increases test scores because Indian immigrants to the US are usually A.) educated and B.) fiercely competitive when it comes to their children's academic performance.

They're not the same thing and don't confuse the two.

Also, Frisco isn't very diverse culturally. Instead of being mostly white people, it's mostly white and south Asian people. I don't consider that "diverse."

Old 08-01-2018, 10:51 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Having Indian children in schools does not "boost school quality". It increases test scores because Indian immigrants to the US are usually A.) educated and B.) fiercely competitive when it comes to their children's academic performance.

Excellent point. This is exactly what's happened in Coppell. Yes, the schools are good, but it's the 50% Indian demographic that is boosting the ratings.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 AM

445 posts, read 413,601 times
Quote:

So, what does boost school quality? Not having educated and motivated parents augmenting the school system?

By the way, Chinese parents did the same thing for Plano schools, specially the Scaggs, Jasper, Plano West feeder. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:13 AM

1,079 posts, read 1,112,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp25 View Post
So, what does boost school quality? Not having educated and motivated parents augmenting the school system?

By the way, Chinese parents did the same thing for Plano schools, specially the Scaggs, Jasper, Plano West feeder. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Plenty of Indian students in those Plano schools too, especially in North Plano.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:22 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:

Also, Frisco isn't very diverse culturally. Instead of being mostly white people, it's mostly white and south Asian people. I don't consider that "diverse."
I work on the Frisco/ Plano border and your last comment is just wrong. Frisco is incredibly diverse, especially for a suburb. Black, Hispanic, White, Indian, East Asian....they’re all there. I work with Frisco residents who are expats or immigrants from Dubai, Great Britian, Canada, several Caribbean islands, Argentina, etc. I’m sure something like 70% of the city is still white, but the other 30% is not all Indian.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:56 AM

242 posts, read 360,461 times
Look at west Frisco near Main and Teel. If your looking right now you can get pretty good deals in wyngate and pearson farms for around 500k. Some houses are almost 5000 sq feet at that price. These are pretty well built homes and were in the parade of homes about 10 years ago.

There is a lot building and it people are overlooking prior built neighborhoods the good thing have bigger lots and more custom features then most neighborhoods being built today. You can actually save 200k over phillips creek or Edge stone which in a few years will be less then the neighborhoods built before it.

This area has the best schools and neighborhoods in Frisco and if you look the above neighborhoods you pay actually less then other areas around.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I work on the Frisco/ Plano border and your last comment is just wrong. Frisco is incredibly diverse, especially for a suburb. Black, Hispanic, White, Indian, East Asian....they’re all there. I work with Frisco residents who are expats or immigrants from Dubai, Great Britian, Canada, several Caribbean islands, Argentina, etc. I’m sure something like 70% of the city is still white, but the other 30% is not all Indian.
Whenever I go to Frisco, I see practically nothing but white & south Asian people. YMMV.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:38 PM

242 posts, read 360,461 times
Quote:
Whenever I go to Frisco, I see practically nothing but white & south Asian people. YMMV.
Frisco is pretty diverse your going to see all kinds of people there. Lots of neighbors are from Europe and All over Asia not just India as well as South America. If I had to describe it I would say it most like good neighborhoods in California. More like Orange County or South Bay around LA. If you think about Toyota moved here from South Bay and a lot people from those areas moved here. I think it really reflects this too.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
Frisco is pretty diverse your going to see all kinds of people there. Lots of neighbors are from Europe and All over Asia not just India as well as South America. If I had to describe it I would say it most like good neighborhoods in California. More like Orange County or South Bay around LA. If you think about Toyota moved here from South Bay and a lot people from those areas moved here. I think it really reflects this too.
Richardson is diverse enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas