Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 11:39 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,190,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
When I pull up 5781 that is a Dallas departure, not arrival. Are you looking at the right flight?
Probably does depart from B since it is Eagle.

Realize that American now uses the same flight numbers for departing and arriving flights. This was due to "running out" of flight numbers after the merger with USAirways. It can be confusing to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 11:54 AM

92 posts, read 143,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
When I pull up 5781 that is a Dallas departure, not arrival. Are you looking at the right flight?
Probably does depart from B since it is Eagle.
It's definitely arrival to DFW Airport. But right now www.flightstats.com shows the baggage claim area to be D1 for today's flight. Yesterday it was showing B30 for today's flight...

Old 08-12-2018, 03:36 PM

422 posts, read 522,986 times
Well, this is confusing! Per AA's website, AA5781 is a flight number for both arrival and departure between SLP & DFW. Arrival today is Terminal B, with baggage claim at Terminal D. But tomorrow's is in fact showing as arrival B45, baggage B30, as tb75252 says. I suggest rechecking this tomorrow. Immigration and Customs only operates in D unless they changed something very, very recently.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:54 AM

92 posts, read 143,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prumio View Post
Well, this is confusing! Per AA's website, AA5781 is a flight number for both arrival and departure between SLP & DFW. Arrival today is Terminal B, with baggage claim at Terminal D. But tomorrow's is in fact showing as arrival B45, baggage B30, as tb75252 says. I suggest rechecking this tomorrow. Immigration and Customs only operates in D unless they changed something very, very recently.
Picked up my visitor yesterday from Terminal D (Lower level - International Arrivals exit) and everything went fine. The International Arrivals exit is located more or less where gate D22 is.

I just want to point out something for the benefit of others who might not know it: When I arrived at Terminal D, flight AA 5781 was not listed on the Arrivals LCD screen near where people exit the U.S. Customs/Immigration area. The Arrivals screen only shows flights that actually arrive at Terminal D; flight AA 5781 arrived at Terminal B and passengers had to walk through a special corridor to Terminal D in order to clear Customs/Immigration. So my guess is that flight AA 5781 was listed on Terminal B's Arrivals LCD screen. I think it would be a good idea to also list such flights on Terminal D's Arrivals screen so that people waiting for international passengers have the peace of mind knowing that they are in the right place. This would be for the benefit of those who get confused with international flights arriving at a terminal but passengers exiting at a different terminal.

Just my two cents... What do you people think?

Old 08-13-2018, 08:17 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Those boards only hold so much information, so I guess not every flight could be shown. Personally, I use the AA app to get updates on arrival info and gates. You can also have the passenger set you up to receive text messages with arrival info.

There's no confusion about where international passengers exit into the terminal since DFW only has one exit from the Customs area. Everyone exits there, regardless of where they arrived from, what airlines, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: