Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 04:55 PM

964 posts, read 876,791 times

Advertisements

https://www.niche.com/k12/search/bes...hools/s/texas/

Nice to see Southlake with 4 out of the top 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 04:58 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,577,960 times
* According to a website that sells ads.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:19 PM

Lol. Niche is a highly respected site. Let me know when you find the Carroll ISD ads.

As T Swift says Haters gonna hate

Old 08-17-2018, 10:05 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
North Texas has a great deal to be proud of, in providing SO MANY top notch schools.

If you've read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" then your familiar with the concept of win-win. All these highly ranked schools are a win-win for all our kids and our communities. And a little healthy competition can ensure that all the schools/districts keep improving.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
North Texas has a great deal to be proud of, in providing SO MANY top notch schools.

If you've read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" then your familiar with the concept of win-win. All these highly ranked schools are a win-win for all our kids and our communities. And a little healthy competition can ensure that all the schools/districts keep improving.
Couldn't say it better. You have so many schools from Allen, Frisco, Plano, HP, Southlake, Coppell, etc. There are 50-80 schools alone on the list I would have no issues sending my kids to. There aren't 10 public schools in CA that I would send my kids to.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:03 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
It's just me being jealous or is this list a paid promotion for Carroll, Allen and Eanes ISD?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
It's just me being jealous or is this list a paid promotion for Carroll, Allen and Eanes ISD?
There isn’t 1 dollar from any of those schools budgets going to this site so it is just you and a few others. Frisco and Plano well represented too on the list.

BTW Frisco, Carroll, Lovejoy, Coppell, Prosper and Allen ISDs all were rated above Plano on the new grading system released this last week also. Were those paid promotions too?

ETA: That same site has Plano well above Southlake and above Frisco and Allen in best places to live in DFW area so it isn't as if Southlake or Allen or Frisco is ranked higher than every place. Just depends on the category. Goes to show we have some really good places in DFW.

Last edited by kyam11; 08-18-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 10:30 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Why on Earth would you be jealous?

Old 08-18-2018, 01:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times
School rankings aside, I haven't met a kid who went to Allen who wasn't a S*** head. Drunk kids with beemers lol.

I knew a guy from work who went to highschool up there, was close to the whole Christina Morris case (buddies with the killer), played on the State winning football team, all that. He and his friends were the definition of white privilege: Tons of drugs, drank and drove, peeked in highschool, the whole nine yards.

Honestly, your kids would probably get a better influence at a less well ranked school. This guy besides having no moral compass in life was worthless at his job. Good academic rankings don't make a person smart, this guy and his friends were some of the least interesting people I've ever met with zero intellectual curiosity. He was definitely involved in his local church and had a great Instagram! I don't know what you expect from a white exurb that builds a football stadium that size though...

I'm sure there are some nice people who went there, but overall I wouldn't want my kids in a bubble like that...

You couldn't pay me enough to send my kids to Allen.

Shout out for the good school ranking though?

Old 08-18-2018, 01:17 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
School rankings aside, I haven't met a kid who went to Allen who wasn't a S*** head. Drunk kids with beemers lol.

I knew a guy from work who went to highschool up there, was close to the whole Christina Morris case (buddies with the killer), played on the State winning football team, all that. He and his friends were the definition of white privilege: Tons of drugs, drank and drove, peeked in highschool, the whole nine yards.

Honestly, your kids would probably get a better influence at a less well ranked school. This guy besides having no moral compass in life was worthless at his job. Good academic rankings don't make a person smart, this guy and his friends were some of the least interesting people I've ever met with zero intellectual curiosity. He was definitely involved in his local church and had a great Instagram! I don't know what you expect from a white exurb that builds a football stadium that size though...

I'm sure there are some nice people who went there, but overall I wouldn't want my kids in a bubble like that...

You couldn't pay me enough to send my kids to Allen.

Shout out for the good school ranking though?
I know lots of great kids from and in the Allen schools. Maybe you just need to hang with better people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas