Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:57 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,158,744 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...492675981.html

Anyone believe her story?

Old 09-07-2018, 10:04 AM

19,572 posts, read 17,852,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I haven't heard any story yet save her entering the wrong apt. This whole thing is beyond sad.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:14 AM

6,650 posts, read 9,872,195 times
It’s a crazy story. I don’t know how you’re able to go into the wrong apartment. A person should be able to tell the difference automatically between their apartment and someone else’s. She didn’t noticed that the furniture was different? The layout (potentially) being different? The difference in pictures (or none at all) on the wall? It really makes me wonder if she was on any drugs or alcohol. I just have a hard time totally believing this story.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:15 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,158,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
It’s a crazy story. I don’t know how you’re able to go into the wrong apartment. A person should be able to tell the difference automatically between their apartment and someone else’s. She didn’t noticed that the furniture was different? The layout (potentially) being different? The difference in pictures (or none at all) on the wall? It really makes me wonder if she was on any drugs or alcohol. I just have a hard time totally believing this story.
Me too. It's ridiculous on its face. They've released the name of the victim but no information on the officer other than "26 year-old female."

How do you NOT know you're in the wrong apartment?

Old 09-07-2018, 11:53 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,404,487 times
How was she able to get into the apartment if it’s not hers? Surely her keys would not work?

Old 09-07-2018, 12:11 PM

3,042 posts, read 1,961,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
How was she able to get into the apartment if it’s not hers? Surely her keys would not work?
They may have a keycode system like a lot of newer buildings, and being a police officer its possible she could have done some off-duty security for them and had a master code/master key type of thing. That's really the only thing I can think of, or maybe he just left his door unlocked and she walked in. Who knows.

Regardless, this is sad and rather ridiculous. Its hard for me to fathom how a sober person (and really, even most extremely drunk/high people) could not know their own apartment. There's more to this story and hopefully the facts will start coming out quickly. DPD has a potential mess on their hands.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:12 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,808,349 times
The officer is being charged with manslaughter and has a warrant out for her arrest. Another black man is dead due to a senseless action made by an officer. This is what the outrage in the black community is all about. How does an educated black man end up being murdered by a police officer minding his own business in his own home. It’s know way you can spin this story. This is what the Black Lives Matter Movement and Colin Kaepernick protest is all about.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 09-07-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-07-2018, 01:21 PM

274 posts, read 853,209 times
Her story makes no sense at all. How could you not realize you were in a different apartment?!

Old 09-07-2018, 01:37 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,161,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzie85 View Post
Her story makes no sense at all. How could you not realize you were in a different apartment?!
Could it have been dark in the apartment when she walked in and she heard or saw movement that she wasn't expecting? Obviously that shouldn't mean she should just open fire, but I'm curious exactly what happened.

My workplace is multiple stories tall and occasionally I'll get off on the wrong floor if there are a lot of stops for others getting off or if I'm not paying close attention. If the apartment building has the same layout on each floor (which is likely) you could easily go up to someone else's apartment and not notice that the apartment number isn't correct before you try to open the door.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,760,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Could it have been dark in the apartment when she walked in and she heard or saw movement that she wasn't expecting? Obviously that shouldn't mean she should just open fire, but I'm curious exactly what happened.

My workplace is multiple stories tall and occasionally I'll get off on the wrong floor if there are a lot of stops for others getting off or if I'm not paying close attention. If the apartment building has the same layout on each floor (which is likely) you could easily go up to someone else's apartment and not notice that the apartment number isn't correct before you try to open the door.

This seems highly plausible to me until she gets to the point of opening the door to the apartment. Not only would the unit she entered have to have been unlocked, but she would also have to routinely leave her own door unlocked while gone such that when she came home, she didn't try her key in the lock.

There's definitely something odd going on with this story, particularly concerning the fact that DPD didn't arrest the shooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas