Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 08:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,086,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Idk, which part are you talking about but I had a coffee meeting with a client last weekend at Starbucks on Renner Road and Northstar and that area has access to everything now, from grocery to dinning, shopping etc. You name it, they have it.
That's far northeast Richardson. There's a LOT more of Richardson south of Renner and east of 75.

The area you're describing isn't typical and is closer to Murphy and Sachse than it is to me. Take a spin around the areas between Campbell and Belt Line east of 75 all the way to Jupiter and tell me how awesome your shopping options are.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 08:46 AM

28,563 posts, read 18,566,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I am a newcomer here, also looking to settle somewhere in the northern suburbs of Dallas (Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinnney). I am saddened by the constant bickering on this forum.

Please stop. Can each of you PLEASE think about your audience? Us "new to Dallas" folks are just looking for answers to our questions. I personally am under undue stress to make a decision about where my family will live quickly and the constant attacks on each other for favoring one location or another is difficult to take under such stress. We're just trying to weed out the noise and make a decision about which areas to focus in on based on our preferences. That's it.

Please think before you fire back a response. We're here and need help.
There is a lot of "townism" among NoD residents.

But as has been said, the differences are minimal. The differences will be purely personal--you won't know until you get here and look around.

Your quality of life will depend more on your own specific commute than any other non-personal factor between these communities.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:49 AM

28,563 posts, read 18,566,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That's far northeast Richardson. There's a LOT more of Richardson south of Renner and east of 75.

The area you're describing isn't typical and is closer to Murphy and Sachse than it is to me. Take a spin around the areas between Campbell and Belt Line east of 75 all the way to Jupiter and tell me how awesome your shopping options are.
That Sears parking lot is wide open.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:36 AM

11 posts, read 22,123 times
I live in West Allen in a fairly new neighborhood, it finished building out a year ago. For context, I also used to work in the 75/635 corridor up until 3 months ago. For getting to my workplace from West Allen, I used to drive down Custer until Plano Parkway and head east towards 75. I would then drive down 75 through Richardson to my workplace. I am very familiar with this drive. The driving time depends on what time you take off. I would take off between 6:45 and 7 am and I would consistently get to work before 7:30. If you want until 7-7:15, you will get in between 7:45 and 8. In other words, the earlier the better. Do not wait until 7:30. Traffic would usually not start clearing up until 8:30. Another reason I like driving down Custer is that there is only one school zone between Park and Plano Parkway. That school zone starts right at 7:15. Now I work in McKinney and my commute is much shorter.

Now as far as new neighborhoods. There are two brand new neighborhoods right around me. There is Cypress Meadows that is a few year old and will probably reach capacity within the next 12-18 months. There is also Walnut Springs that is fairly new, but houses are being sold very quickly. These two neighborhoods, will have houses in the 600's.

If you are looking for less expensive homes in the south McKinney area there are plenty of new builds going up in the area north of 121, between Alma and Lake Forest. I am not too familiar with these homes, but I would say homes there start in the low 400's. This area is a little closer to 75, but you will be dealing with traffic from Allen all the way down to your workplace.

There are also areas near me in Frisco that have easy access to Custer. These areas are on the east side of Frisco between Coit and Custer. I am really not familiar with the home prices in this area, but I would assume you will also be looking at 550's and above. Driving from this area will probably add another 10 minutes to your morning commute.

As far as schools go, you can not go wrong at the elementary level as all the schools in these districts are similar. We are extremely happy with the school our kids go to.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:45 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,120,304 times
Quote:
I am a newcomer here, also looking to settle somewhere in the northern suburbs of Dallas (Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinnney). I am saddened by the constant bickering on this forum.

Please stop. Can each of you PLEASE think about your audience? Us "new to Dallas" folks are just looking for answers to our questions. I personally am under undue stress to make a decision about where my family will live quickly and the constant attacks on each other for favoring one location or another is difficult to take under such stress. We're just trying to weed out the noise and make a decision about which areas to focus in on based on our preferences. That's it.

Dear Suzy, This chat forum is for locals too, we aren’t here to provide paid or pro bono service of providing information which you can google yourself . Locals come here to share facts and opinions, there is always some bias and banter in the mix but it keeps regular posters engaged. If you take that out of the equation, this forum wouldn’t attract people with answers, only people with questions.

That being said, there is always lot of good information and solid advice in every thread. You need to use some common sense and research skills. As far as your stress, it’s not that complicated, if you take new and perfect house out of the equation, there are plenty of good living options in DFW. It’s not Hong Kong or Singapore.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:49 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,120,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

No argument about that.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:28 AM

427 posts, read 487,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Good tip as rush hour traffic can be crazy. It’s important to take commute seriously because it’s only getting worse. OP, if you aren’t hellbent on brand new, there are some nice homes in 75093, you’ll get nice neighborhood, access to everything, best schools, more than likely a free swimming pool and decent commute.

(Full Disclosure: It’s my neighborhood and I’m strongly biased, really love this area.)
Do you think you need a disclosure separately? All your posts show that. You live up to your name by being UNFAIR (and you have some support from fellow posters) by constantly posting negative information about Allen, Frisco etc. You love your place and can post anything any number of times, BUT If others give info about places they live, you attack, search all over internet and post constant negative information (you recently posted some news about an old Allen superintendent which is totally irrelevant, constantly post how Frisco has budget troubles, how schools are bad etc. etc.). Even if Allen gets top in any rankings (for schools niche or money magazine best places or any other) - you try to downplay, question their credibility and post negative comments.

Few posters on this board think it is OK to post whatever they want regarding the places they live but CANNOT tolerate slightest of negative comments (example - in one thread someone posted about drug or some problem in Plano, I remember Unfair person asked admin to even remove the thread) - AND these few posters constantly ATTACK if others do the same thing.

Example - I only recommend Allen based on new posters requirements if I think if it suits their needs. I try to explain the facilities, shopping, amenities, schools or access to highways available in Allen based on my own experiences. It is to educate posters on the board, new comers looking for info, to let them know the options available nearby before they look at far away places. I always suggest to go explore ALL the options personally and then take a decision.

And some posters go the extent of calling me names, calling me to run for Mayor of Allen, pointing some technical items and dragging/diverting the conversation or whatnot - BUT they conveniently ignore the fact that THEY can do the same thousands of times on this forum repeatedly.

And there is another person who is ready to attack the moment I post something and he/she vehemently defends Grand Homes which in general is not a favorite or first preference for most. It is not wrong, everyone will have their own choices/preferences but what I am saying is attacking others if they do the same about what they like, is not right. I never go first in posting negative comments unless someone says something to me.

Problem is with very few regular posters, otherwise in general there will be some good conversations. I understand it is human nature and do understand such people exist everywhere and unfortunately you cannot avoid.

Last edited by DFWUser1; 09-28-2018 at 11:31 AM..

Old 09-28-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:

I agree with this. If everyone can focus on giving their experiences, explain on what can help OP that will be useful. But sometimes what happens is - few regulars will jump in each and every post and start posting negative comments on others posts/experiences/preferences or start negating each and every statement, bisect/dissect, twist the info and turn it into an unpleasant conversation. - If locals want to discuss on anything, they can very well do so on respective separate threads or create one if needed and talk - NOT necessarily jump on every thread, post negative/irrelevant/unnecessary comments and take the OP post to a whole new dimension. But I think it is unavoidable on a public and FREE forum

Last edited by DFWUser1; 09-28-2018 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 11:31 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,166,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
Example - I only recommend Allen
Hey there, that's the first thing you've ever said that's truthful! Well done!

Quote:

Suze,

Just take your time and read the postings. You'll come to learn who is full of it and who is not. If you like, you can send private messages on this forum if you want to get answers from someone without having to wade through the rubbish. Alternatively, you can use the ignore feature and just block the posters creating all the noise. Every forum has them, not much we can do about it but correct their misinformation when we can.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Hey there, that's the first thing you've ever said that's truthful! Well done!
This is perfect example where posters like you twist the info and divert the topic.

You posted ONLY a portion of my statement to make it appear that way - What I actually said was:

"Example - I only recommend Allen based on new posters requirements if I think if it suits their needs"

It doesn't mean I only recommend Allen for all like you are trying to project. I am not senseless to do that unlike some posters on this board who recommend Plano even for a job in Austin. If you know what I mean.

My statement means I recommend Allen "only" when I think it suits to the posters needs. May be can structure it differently, but that's what it means. Typed quickly. I hope majority can understand that unless your intention is to attack. Same to my other comment about no new construction. There is no 100% or permanent no or yes for things like these. One can always bring down some old stuff and build new even if it is 100% built out. It's in general or most of the times. But few try to drag it.

Get a life.

Last edited by DFWUser1; 09-28-2018 at 01:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: