Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 AM
aeh

318 posts, read 1,621,694 times

Advertisements

We lived in Willow Bend (just the neighborhood, not gated) when we were there before and LOVED it. Everything was close, great schools, nicely manicured neighborhoods, good shopping, nice people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM

15 posts, read 50,679 times
Thank you so much for all your help. Sorry I did not reply sooner. I had my laptop in the car and video cam in other and 14 year old snapping pictures. I got all the areas you gave me and really appreciate everything. I have to compile all information and notes and make a decision where we want to be. Thanks again

Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Frisco is terrible, just a heads up

Lakewood is very family oriented - I hate saying this but it is an alternative to the Park Cities.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:29 AM

Why would say Frisco is terrible? Also where is the Lakewood area? Is it close to Plano?
Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 AM

937 posts, read 2,906,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILENE22 View Post
Why would say Frisco is terrible? Also where is the Lakewood area? Is it close to Plano?
Thanks
It is not close to Plano. It is east of 75 and to the west of white rock lake in Dallas.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 PM

37 posts, read 107,053 times
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Texas. You have to be carefule when you are looking at new construction. Some sales counselor will give you the idea that some school districts are worse than theres and it is not always the truth. Plano has great schools, however it does depend on which school you are going to. I moved further out into a Master Planned community in Lavon. Just for the schools. It is a small town feel, but since there is only one high school, 1 elementary and 1 middle school everyone in Lavon and the surrounding areas support the sports teams. It is great. Shopping and dining is just 15 minutes away. You should check out the Lavon, Wylie and Sachse area.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,454 times
I was just browsing and saw your blog/question. Although we located here from Augusta, Ga. we claim WPB as home. We were only in Ga. for a year and half. We have been here since December 2007. My husband and I (both raised in WPB) are also in our 30's (beyond mid, okay late 30's) with 2 young boys. We are living in Plano near Ridgeview Ranch and love it. It is so community based. Plenty of shopping-Premium Outlet of Allen, Stonebriar, and so many malls within easy reach. I can say that where having a gated community in Palm Beach is almost a must, it is really something I don't consider, although living in a gated apt community. My favorite are and if in the future we can would be Twin Creeks or in the Ridgeview Ranch area itself. My son will be in Kindergarten in August and his school is Frisco ISD. I have heard nothing but great things about their ISD. We are literally in the coner of Allen,Frisco, and Plano
Although my husband and I are currently extremely homesick (family and friends)from WPB, we are torn because esthestically it is so much cleaner and family based here then Palm Beach County. Utopia for us would be to take where we live and drop it in Palm Beach County. Diversity is so great here and without sounding wierd the diversity here is much more enjoyable then in WPB. People are from all over, not just the North East.
Oh, Golf Courses, Ridgeview has several golf course homes for sale. Twin Creeks has a great colf course, at least it looks that way. There is an area not to far from there that is buidling up, kind of like City Place. Cheesecake Factory, Chico's, Vera Bradley, and Market Street-to me it's the Publix of the area. It will also have apartments.
Oh, the driving gets easier, but when people that were raised here have navigation systems, I figure there is a reason why. And honestly I still need one just to get to Arlington.
If you still need assistance, I would love to help. With work and kids we haven't had a chance to meet many people. It may not matter to you, but my husband and I are just easy going middle class family, who would love to meet new people that share similar interest and I guess have a common bond ( FLA). Just FYI, my husband plays golf and although not good, loves to go.
My email is bufford.lsb01@yahoo.com. Good Luck in your journey, it really is surprisingly nice, shopping, restaurants, sports (minor and major), family activity, cheap housing (except electricity), gas is cheap (compared to Florida), and nice people.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It really does help. I am looking for something in frisco or plano. My husband prefers to be in Plano because when we visited frisco it seemed that the houses were far out from the stores and grocery stores and restaurants and things to do. However to get something nice it seems that Frisco has more options. I dont think we saw all of frisco. We where just putting addresses in the navigation to look around. My major concern is tornados. I know we have hurricanes here but they have warnings that if we need to leave we do. Now tornados happen at any time. Have you seen any? Here in the news they said 160 tornadoes already happened from texas,oklahoma, and surrounding states. What have you seen. Thanks for the help. Yes we would love to have friends when we get to texas. Thank you

Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,454 times
LOL, I hate the storms here. Give me a hurricane any day of the week. You will have to get use to the fact that homes here are made with wood frames, not CBS block like Florida. Although I did not see any tornadoes, I have pulled my boys into bed with me during one storm and listened to the radio. I think a siren was going off, but I don't know what they are suppose to sound like. The next morning, fences were down, trampolines flipped over walls, and roofs damaged. I have seen less damage in a Hurricane class 1. But once again quality builders are the way to go. I think that would be Beazer Homes, David Weekly, Toll Brothers.
Frisco is actually cute and really not far from Plano at all. Preston Road which I consider the main road in Frisco gets you to Dallas North Tollway and 121. Dallas North Tollway can get you to George Bush Turnpike(161), 35E, towards downtown Dallas, and the airport. 121 can take you to 75 which is like I-95 except no beach east of it. 121 can also get you to Grapevine (Great Wolf Lodge-indoor waterpark), airport, Arlington. To go back to Preston that takes you to Stonebriar Mall (Cheescaske factory, Dave and Busters, CPK, Ice Skating Rink and etc.), there is also an IKEA-love it, Dr. Pepper Ball Park-minor league baseball for Rangers, Hockey-lower then minor league hockey, other restaurants. Then if you live in the Plano area you have numerous hospitals, all the major Coprations (although dropping like flies-EDS (Ross Perot), JCPenny's, Dr. Pepper, Countrywide, CA, AT&T). There are numerous housing developments, but personal favorites are Twin Creeks and RidgeView (New Homes Texas, Allen, Collin County, TX by K. Hovnanian® Homes™ @ Twin Creeks) Somerset at Twin Creeks - New Homes in Allen, TX by Toll Brothers (http://www.tollbrothers.com/homesearch/servlet/HomeSearch?app=community_description&comm_num=5286 - broken link)).

My co-worker has been here her wholelife and no tornadoes, but you will see tornadoe shelter signs on the bathroom, which makes me laugh all the time. Look up Allen, that where the 2 links above are located, I think it is really cute and still growing?
montgomeryfarm.com - Montgomery Farm celebrates opening of town center with ribbon cutting ceremony

Okay enjoy the links hope they help.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,214 times
Default Home Builder

Hi,

We build homes in the Dallas area on your lot starting at 70.00 square foot.

We also have access to lots ready to build.

We offer free live viewing services as well. What AFCC Inc. does is set up cameras' at the job location so that you can view your home being built in realtime from anywhere in the world. This is a free service to you as our client.

We make it easy for you to keep up with your home building process while you're in another state. All you do is just LOG ON !

email or call us..

[EMAIL="support@afccinc.com"]support@afccinc.com[/EMAIL]
888-605-5169
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas