Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 12:35 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,411,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
New construction is in the boonies.
Well Frisco has tons of new construction and it is not the boonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp25 View Post
Why do you think you just discovered the greatest secret and people who buy older homes for living are clueless? What you described works well when live and work in places well outside the main city, otherwise your 2 hour commute every day will wear you out quickly. Some of us want to live closer to the city center where the land price alone (assuming you can find one) can be more than your new home price in the far out suburb.
I don't commute to work or I'd be in the heart of downtown. When I worked on Wall St in Downtown NY, I moved to Hoboken for 3 years. It was a quick Path ride to World Trade (Freedom Towers) and 8 minute walk.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:54 PM

445 posts, read 413,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
I don't commute to work or I'd be in the heart of downtown. When I worked on Wall St in Downtown NY, I moved to Hoboken for 3 years. It was a quick Path ride to World Trade (Freedom Towers) and 8 minute walk.

So you know the drill already. You know that you can't buy anything near heart of Dallas downtown with the money you spend on suburban new home and you don't have a mass transit in any TX city that compares to NYC.

Then what's the point of saying anyone shouldn't spend 700k on a old home when it only applies to small subset of population like yours? Heck, if you don't have to commute, why even live in DFW metroplex and not live in rural TX for even a lower cost?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp25 View Post
So you know the drill already. You know that you can't buy anything near heart of Dallas downtown with the money you spend on suburban new home and you don't have a mass transit in any TX city that compares to NYC.

Then what's the point of saying anyone shouldn't spend 700k on a old home when it only applies to small subset of population like yours? Heck, if you don't have to commute, why even live in DFW metroplex and not live in rural TX for even a lower cost?
To each his own, I know and meet allot of people in Frisco, Plano and Prosper that actually own a business, work locally or work remote. But I also have friends who live deep in NJ and commute to work downtown NYC by train/car for the money and never once complained because sometimes you can't have the best of both worlds. But I agree if you got a job near downtown Dallas, it'd be a hike.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Well Frisco has tons of new construction and it is not the boonies.
Oh yes it is.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:37 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
New construction or old construction won't matter, if rodents have a reason to come in, they will do so.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:33 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,083 times
So on this lovely subject, guess what we have in our garage & attic! When we got down our Christmas decorations, we noticed droppings that weren't there when we got down the fall stuff in September, so it is relatively recent. And this morning, a nice big fat rat ran across the top of the garage door springs when I opened it. *gag*

I called a pest control guy today only to discover he already had an appointment next door with our neighbors. I'm wondering if it is the abnormally cold weather we've had over the past month, because it hasn't been an issue in a long time and we haven't changed anything (nor do we store any type of food/garbage in our garage).

So yeah...I'm wondering if the house the OP saw is having a very recent problem, because I have a feeling we aren't the only ones.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:34 PM

14 posts, read 25,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo4474 View Post
I didn’t mention Trophy Club, why did you?

Probably because you have a post talking about Southlake vs Trophy Club.

If the rats are gone, the poop is of no danger. It is only fresh droppings that would cause a problem. If you can get a deal on a home and the only real problem you are finding is evidence of a previous rodent problem, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Clean it up, seal up and fortify the entry locations and be done with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas