Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 03:31 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

Would you be able to create that sort of bond based on any of your other hobbies? I'm thinking about my hobbies, and there is some potential that I could do that based on my hobbies.

I don't think if that can't be done with the DMA. There is a pretty big art subculture. I'm not part of the whole art scene, but I know it exists.
Sure, but a much broader spectrum of people like the ticket vs the DMA or the Opera. Plus what are you going to say?

I've noticed from the few times a year I'll go the the Opera or whatever that the clientel tend to be Old, White, Wealthy and Educated. Not a very wide net. Even Shakespeare in the park is like this even though it it geared more towards the younger demographic.

Furthermore to my other point: Dallas has a decent art scene but it isn't top in the country. I think the Ticket is the best in the country and it is very unique to Dallas, it is culturally very Dallas. It feels local, organic, not like some zillionare built it as a finished project.

Our museums and opera and stuff could be anywhere, are decent quality but nothing really Unique outside of the particular museums' exhibits. It's not like the Met which feels very NY, the Museum of science and industry which feels very Chicago, or the Hollywood bowl which feels very LA. The Ticket is something no one else quite does like we do it

Last edited by Treasurevalley92; 01-26-2019 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 07:03 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
I've been bouncing back and forth between 105.3 The Fan and The Ticket for the past couple of years. For my morning drive into work, I generally prefer The Ticket as I love the Muse in the News segment. But shortly after that (around 8:30-8:45) they do a segment that is absolutely unbearable and cheesy. Someone disguises their voice to sound like Jerry Jones or another character and they do a terrible job of making it funny.

So my suggestion for The Ticket is to ditch that terrible segment and also Mike Rhyner has got to go, he kills me to hear him on the radio still.

Is there another great morning talk show I should check out?

Also while I'm here, maybe I'm an idiot but is there a good country music station in Dallas? The one's I've found were very weak signals. I figured DFW would have some of the country's best country radio stations.
It's not quite talk radio, but I like the Bo & Jim morning show on 92.5 FM (it's a classic rock radio station and they mix talking with classic rock songs). They've been on the air 36 years or something.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:12 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Huge P1 here, I love the ticket. Honestly it's one of my favorite things about Dallas. It's one of the few bits in our media here that feels genuine and unique. Best sports radio in the world. I know several guys who moved out of state and still listen. I think Fake Jerry is absolutely hilarious. Different Strokes I guess.

103.3 espn is ok I guess...IDK it's a little too serious for me, and honestly I don't think their sports takes are that fresh, much better content can be read online.

"Good Country Music Station" sort of depends what you like, but 99.5, 95.9 and 96.3 are all options that I could pick up anywhere in the metroplex when I used to drive around at my old job.

Be Warned, if the ticket is a little too grabass for you second date update on 96.3 will make you want to crash your car. It's this cringe segment where they bring on a girl or dude who had a date and never got a second date ask them their story and then call the other person to get their side. Usually it's awkward.
I'm no longer a P1, I've got serious classical, jazz, blues and thrash metal joneses. So when I'm in Dallas I'm usually working tunes. I do listen to The Ticket when I travel - no explanation just how it is.
*A few years ago stuck in a Minneapolis weather jam via the 'net I was able to pull up The Hardline on my Mac. Within a few minutes a small group of us stuck waiting were laughing near tears listening to Rhyner tell the story about not hiring Stevie Ray Vaughan for Rhyner's Beatles cover band - Rhyner even then knowing it was some colossal mistake and then years later having dinner with a by then very famous Vaughn, his GF, Rhyner and his wife.
*As a pretty solid golfer The Ticket guy laying 21 and leaving a three inch putt short, and George's reaction, a couple of years ago was so funny I thought I was going to pass out.
* Tied for the best are A). Gordon's arrest at Lambeau Field and B). Chuck Cooperstein's B. H. Cox flameout.

Three inch putt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9V-369xnA

Old 01-31-2019, 10:33 AM

70 posts, read 74,349 times
With my revamped increases listening to the little ticket this week...it's been ok, but it reminded me of another peeve of mine...the incredibly ridiculously long commercial breaks. way too long.
easily 1.5/2 to 1 daily commercial time vs espn.

dang...was about to say to bring back the "just give me a shot" Reagor Dykes commercials if anything, but it looks like they filed chapter 11

What you need to know about the Reagor-Dykes lawsuit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas