Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 08:15 AM

446 posts, read 845,795 times

Advertisements

I mean, some of his points do have merit. The Den was pretty ghetto -- I went there a few times w friends over the past 2 yrs and each time there was some drama going on with people fighting, throwing up/stumbling around before midnight even and rude guests in general. Candleroom is a pretty good venue considering we're in Dallas.

EDIT: Hotel ZaZa is a nice place to have a drink and relax/chill with good company, esp. on a nice evening near the pool area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 09:26 AM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Around 2015, Uptown took a more ghetto turn. The Shell Shack restaurant's opening started to bring out more of a ghetto element. Tate's at the corner of McKinney and Worthington definitely was attracting a ghetto element for a while, not sure if it still is. The Den, which closed in January 2018, was a popular hangout for ghetto people. All of these occurrences made Uptown as a whole more dangerous at night and less appealing. There are still spots off of McKinney that are ok, but Deep Ellum has taken over the pole position as the place to be for nightlife at this time.

Armory D.E., Black Swan Saloon, The Green Room are options to look at in Deep Ellum. Those are places I've been but I was more active on the scene during the Uptown era.

Candleroom on Henderson Avenue has been a hotspot since the early 2000s. Wednesday night is the most known night for Candleroom. Candleroom can be difficult for men to get into. I've been able to get in, but it can also be noisier.

OP-don't forget that you can approach women in the day time. I've done more of my approaching during the day over time. Grocery stores, malls, coffee shops, Katy Trail, White Rock Lake, a gym you may join/fitness classes-these are all ways to meet women without the late nights at bars with noise, blockers, and alcohol. I'd also pass on using Tinder or Bumble as well. It may seem efficient but it is an illusion. Lots of one & dones result (one date, no sex, no future in-person interaction), which are generally a waste of time. You definitely need to be out meeting potential dates in person first, whether you are doing it in the bars or at non-bar venues.
Hahahaha...”ghetto”. This must be a joke.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 AM

8,659 posts, read 3,858,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
I mean, some of his points do have merit. The Den was pretty ghetto -- I went there a few times w friends over the past 2 yrs and each time there was some drama going on with people fighting, throwing up/stumbling around before midnight even and rude guests in general. Candleroom is a pretty good venue considering we're in Dallas.

EDIT: Hotel ZaZa is a nice place to have a drink and relax/chill with good company, esp. on a nice evening near the pool area.

I actually am already familiar with Hotel ZaZa (and a few other hotels) - and definitely agree. I was just trying to ‘branch out’ from hotels, especially in terms of a nice restaurant/wine bar to take a date. Thanks, Nissan!

Old 01-29-2019, 12:04 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,227,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Hey - just wondering if anyone can recommend popular restaurants/bars/places for meeting people in the area? What are popular hangouts? Thanks in advance!
To the Original Poster there are multiple nodes of activity in DFW to meet people. Notably Parts of Uptown (However, as someone else mentioned uptown has fallen by the wayside a bit, the folks in the condos around were putting up a fuss, they moved to the center of a growing city and then didn't want it to be lively. And like dummies the city appeased them) That being said. Check out the following...

Deep Ellum- varied bar and club scene like all good cities from laid back to hip, to urban to country it's all here.
Cedars- Growing bar scene
Bishop Arts- A hidden Gem, provided it does not gentrify too much in the coming years.
Victory Park - Near american airlines area, lots of restaurants and a few bars, check out the new Cineopolis theatre development
Knox Henderson- Fun and laid back
Design District- Growing bar scene
Oak Lawn - The Gayborhood but lots of everyone hang out here. It's fun.
Lower Greenville -Compact and fun, parking is tough
Addison- Still the best suburb for the active and ready to mingle. The happy hours at many of the restaurants and bars are legendary.

Farther flung areas:

Legacy West A neat development very chic and made for food and drinks. Check out Legacy Hall.
Irving Music Center - Food drinks and entertainment
The Star in Frisco- more food and drinks.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Um let me see if i can help :P St. Martins...very chic, very nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas