Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,995 times

Advertisements

I'm moving my family to Dallas later this year. When I visited I fell in love with the Lakewood area. We are considering building and was wondering if anyone had any info on what lots are going for in the Lakewood area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
You will have to by a tear down house to get a lot. The Lakewood people don't seem to take to kindly to building a huge house on a small lot. It would be a good choice to build something to keep the character of the neighborhood.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
By lots I guess you mean a tear-down..from what I know about the cheapest would be $200K, although I have seen some for less. It's not like the Park Cities where it's $500,000 to $1,000,000 yet but I know there have been some in the $300s or more.

I would suggest searching 75214 and possibly 75206 by least expensive ranked first. Be sure to find out if there is a conservation or zoning overlay. The historic districts are Munger, Swiss Ave and Junius Heights where it is nearly impossible to tear down a home. You can build in the others but they must meet certain specifications.

There are many new homes in Lakewood Heights (i.e. the streets running west of Abrams that continue east of Abrams -- Lakeshore, Velasco, etc) no restrictions there ..also "C" streets - Coronado, Clayton, Casa Loma and La Vista -- some have Lakewood Country Club golf course views and no restrictions - yet. And those streets are in Lakewood Elementary as opposed to Lakewood Heights which is in Robert E. Lee (which is coming along but not quite as good as Lakewood).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas