Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 02:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times

Advertisements

I am recommending the Starz series Counterpart if you have not seen it
Starz is an upgrade maybe so not everyone with cable may have it
But my UVerse is running both series 1 and 2 in a marathon starting Saturday at 7AM
It is excellent series not much watched I guess
Has JK Simmons as one lead, Harry Lloyd from GOT first season, Olivia Williams—UK actress, and the guy who played Tobey on West Wing—he is on The Good Doctor now as Glassman

S2 just finished its season so guess this might be final hurrah for Counterpoint...
Really strong acting/scripts
Sort of a sci-fi spy series set in Berlin in some indeterminant future very much like now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I am recommending the Starz series Counterpart if you have not seen it
Starz is an upgrade maybe so not everyone with cable may have it
But my UVerse is running both series 1 and 2 in a marathon starting Saturday at 7AM
It is excellent series not much watched I guess
Has JK Simmons as one lead, Harry Lloyd from GOT first season, Olivia Williams—UK actress, and the guy who played Tobey on West Wing—he is on The Good Doctor now as Glassman

S2 just finished its season so guess this might be final hurrah for Counterpoint...
Really strong acting/scripts
Sort of a sci-fi spy series set in Berlin in some indeterminant future very much like now
I don't watch much non-sports or non-news TV but Counterpart is the best show I've seen in years.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:11 PM

FWIW—this series was not picked up by Starz
The actors knew that and deliberately kept their schedules open to accommodate another platform/company if one took up the challenge of continuing the series w/3
Apparently none did—
The best part is that the finale does just about a perfect job of tying the myriad threads of this tapestry together—
It is a show about a cloned world—with the nexus between in Berlin—
Everyone has a Doppleanger
The guy who created this tries to use it like a live science experiment—never a good idea—
The main characters play two roles—one in the original world and one in the duplicate but as very different/identical people—
The duality is stunning and hard to track at times but allows for complex narratives and characters...
I imagine the actors were very much hoping it would be taken up

The final episode unlike many when series are known to finish is not disappointing
It knits the storylines w/o voids, but it also leaves opportunity to go forward even if the leads aren’t available...since there are obvious “what if’s” that come to mind...

If you are looking for something to watch besides golf on Sundays—
DVR this and savor it...

Old 03-04-2019, 06:02 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,214,194 times
I love this show and was really disappointed when it wasn't picked up for a third season. There's so much more the explore. I think part of the problem is that they didn't do a very good job of promoting it. The show really should have earned at least one Emmy.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:19 AM

It is complicated and while there can be some more-action related scenes so much of it was talking—and talking where you had to pay attention—
And frankly there were times when even I had hard time remembering which version of Berlin I was watching...

And it was very gray—no color on either side
Maybe that had to do with the filming schedule—which seemed to be fall/winter
Or the serious nature of the story line—I get why that happens
But it made for monotone visuals most of the time
Even the baby didn’t wear anything colorful...

Old 03-04-2019, 12:56 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,566 times
I thought season 2 was not near as entertaining as 1.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:27 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
I read somewhere Starz forced the production company to cut the season 2 budget quite a bit.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:29 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I read somewhere Starz forced the production company to cut the season 2 budget quite a bit.
Oh. That would make sense!

Old 03-04-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
There was lot of Harry Lloyd in S2–
That weak chin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: