Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 10:31 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times

Advertisements

For Coppell schools:

Don't bother trying to get to a specific elementary/middle in Coppell. They are all great and trying to choose between them is splitting hairs. ALL of them feed into Coppell High School. The only thing I would mention is that the Coppell ISD schools serving Valley Ranch (Valley Ranch Elementary, Lee Elementary, and the new--opening this fall--Canyon Ranch Elementary) will be a higher % Indian due to the demographics of the neighborhoods they serve. That being said, Coppell ISD, (and others, including Plano) are incredibly diverse anyway. I wouldn't hesitate to send my child to any elementary in Coppell ISD.

You'd also drive yourself nuts trying to find a rental feeding to a specific elementary anyway--Coppell is on the smaller side compared to most suburbs. Just find a rental you like and go for it. I'd check out Zillow/hotpads etc. and go from there.

DO confirm that the rental is within Coppell ISD. You can do that here: https://www.coppellisd.com/Page/14184

I'm also happy to help you confirm via PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 12:03 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamanewuser View Post

Would you please share more about those particular elementary schools..once you are enrolled in them, you said set for 12th grade..do you mean their feeder pattern will make sure that students keep getting "fed" into proper schools in higher grades with high rankings..sorry if I'm not making sense..

Yes. It’s a cluster with best schools with automatic progression.

Also what do you mean by having the option to transfer to any Plano school down the road? Does it mean it's parent's choice to select which middle school or high school their student goes to?

You have a choice, if other school has space available. For three academies you have to qualify.

I think if one were to compare Plano and Frisco with Irving (specifically areas zoned for Coppel ISD), the proximity to Dallas and airports and also having job opportunities in IT and healthcare tip the scale towards Coppell. This of course is an outsider's view based on online research, CD forum feedback so I could be little off here.

Its an equally good option.

Plano and Frisco appear to have their own decent employer base so maybe proximity to Dallas is compensated by having the opportunities around Plano and Frisco rather than having to commute outside.

Absolutely.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2019, 01:38 PM

514 posts, read 438,679 times
After a lot of research, we're planning to move to Plano, TX feeding into Plano ISD. Earlier we're thinking of living in West Plano and look for rental zoned for Frisco ISD but changed our minds.

The schools we have in mind are Rice Middle (GreatSchools Ratings 10) and maybe Robinson Middle (GreatSchools Ratings 9), coupled with an elementary that has 9 and up ratings.

The houses that come up in the rentals searches have yards which is great but the yard maintenance is probably not going to be included in rent.

Are there townhomes or apartment complexes that offer community pool and outside yard area for kids to play? The rents I'm seeing for 3 bed room and up are anywhere from $1800 - $2200 and that's fine .. looking for more like $2000-$2100 but can stretch a bit for the right unit.

I would love to hear your thoughts and any helpful pointers.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:03 AM

514 posts, read 438,679 times
Essentially looking for townhouses that include the yard maintenance and access to community pool in West Plano? One downside with the traditional rental companies (at least in NY) is their square footage of the house, it's small compared to a stand alone house..

We would absolutely need a backyard for kids to play in.

A house on the street may have a pool but pool maintenance is a nightmare and yard maintenance is no cakewalk..for renters! As a homeowner it's a different story..one handles it differently.

Are there such rental housing communities or places in the area?

Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
You can hire a landscaper to mow your lawn for about $40/week during the growing season (April through early October). There are TONS of such services and very, very easy to find. As a landlord, if my tenants are not keeping up their lawns, our leases provide that after a warning — if its not taken care of — I will have the lawn mowed and charge them. It takes me about 20 minutes to find someone to mow a lawn. So, don’t worry about lawn care.

I take care of my own pool and its not hard. However, it can be a pain in the neck and a pool service costs about $100/mo. It is pretty easy to find a pool to join at any local community center for a very, very low annual fee. Check out your new town’s community recreation centers and I’m sure you’ll be pleased with the offerings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: