Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 03:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,154 times

Advertisements

We are looking at this area and wondering what is your guys opinion of this part of McKinney? I dont see much buildings or stuff in this area. So is this area that will develop in the future? We drove around and noticed beazer , pulte ,and megatel homes all building in same community and it's just so werid seeing those cheap lower priced homes dispersed between pulte homes and beazer. You can have a row of all 3 and megatel ruins the whole visual appeal of the street just on its it's own and ruined even flow of the top tier pulte or beazer upgraded homes that might the next house over.

Is this even a good area or worth the price of Investment in McKinney? Houses priced here are like a 80k difference same floor plan and model in Frisco or other part of McKinney. I don't know much about McKinney but the pricing seems suspicious or " to good to be true"

I know Erwin park is like 8 or 9 minutes away and looked nice . I also noticed on google map there is a Collin county jail and juvillive detention center to the right hand side 15 minutes away and both these right next to a school. There isnt any shopping complexes or fast food joints nearby either.

Looks like it is a developing area but everything looks beat down and old unlike Frisco, Carrollton, Lewisville, Las colinas , grand prairie, grapevine ,valley ranch areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 02:41 PM

816 posts, read 912,553 times
I don't see a problem with the area. You would be a couple miles away from the big commercial area at 380/75 and also at 380/Lake Forest. Unfortunately that also means if you want to be within walking distance, you probably won't be, because of the proximity of the larger shopping areas. Maybe later some small commercial development could happen at Hardin/Wilmeth.

There is some older housing along route 380 to the west of US75 but it will get lost in the larger context of development in the area.

The Sheriff Station is at the same location as the jail so I wouldn't worry about that.

My main concern about living in that area would be how much future development would get between you and the place you work. Traffic could increase by a lot when it is all built out. The other thing is the potential upgrades and rerouting to the 380 traffic corridor, which would put the replacement expressway closer to the Erwin Farms location.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:41 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,645,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitoinswami View Post
We are looking at this area and wondering what is your guys opinion of this part of McKinney? I dont see much buildings or stuff in this area. So is this area that will develop in the future? We drove around and noticed beazer , pulte ,and megatel homes all building in same community and it's just so werid seeing those cheap lower priced homes dispersed between pulte homes and beazer. You can have a row of all 3 and megatel ruins the whole visual appeal of the street just on its it's own and ruined even flow of the top tier pulte or beazer upgraded homes that might the next house over.

Is this even a good area or worth the price of Investment in McKinney? Houses priced here are like a 80k difference same floor plan and model in Frisco or other part of McKinney. I don't know much about McKinney but the pricing seems suspicious or " to good to be true"

I know Erwin park is like 8 or 9 minutes away and looked nice . I also noticed on google map there is a Collin county jail and juvillive detention center to the right hand side 15 minutes away and both these right next to a school. There isnt any shopping complexes or fast food joints nearby either.

Looks like it is a developing area but everything looks beat down and old unlike Frisco, Carrollton, Lewisville, Las colinas , grand prairie, grapevine ,valley ranch areas.
Erwin Farm land was optioned by Pulte and Beazer in 2011 when the market was crashed. The land costs were half of what lots would cost in near by Auburn Hills. Lot cost determines home price. The lower the lot price, the lower the home price. Nothing suspicious about it.
I live in this community. If you dont like location, why would you even consider buying in. lol
FYI. 2 miles from the community on Hardin you can find all shopping. 3 miles from it, is 75 and 380. Everything you can want is there. 4.5 miles from it is downtown Mckinney.
Its not walking distance if thats what you are looking for.

One nice thing on location is you can take Wilmeth 1.3 miles over and be on 75. You dont even have to touch 380 if you dont want.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:19 PM

7 posts, read 8,309 times
I live in Erwin Farms. The Megatel’s do not ruin the aesthetic at all...lol. I have a Pulte, a Megatel is next door then there is another Pulte next to that and 2 other Beazer’s on my street. Nothing looks out of place at all. It’s an awesome neighborhood.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:41 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,540,714 times
I’d look up the current proposed route for the 380 highway bypass. I think it going to be very close to Erwin Farms....maybe part of the reason for the cheaper homes.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:51 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,645,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
I’d look up the current proposed route for the 380 highway bypass. I think it going to be very close to Erwin Farms....maybe part of the reason for the cheaper homes.
Nope. Its lot cost. Land was optioned years ago. Even if bypass goes thru it will be at the tip of a phase that hasnt been built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas