Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 PM

222 posts, read 282,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Growth is happening North of Dallas for a reason. That’s the desirable area. South & East of Dallas area ghetto areas and no one wants to invest in nice development on the fringes of a ghetto, trashy area. You can cry foul on it all you want, but developers have looked at the demographics and chosen to invest in the Northern areas for a reason. It will continue as long as it’s profitable to do so.
Desoto, cedar hill and Duncanville are not ghetto areas

Old 04-30-2019, 07:55 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX_ View Post
LOL They’re not ghetto AT ALL! I have a friend who lives in a upscale neighborhood in DeSoto. It’s a pretty nice neighborhood. If were a suburb type of guy, I would strongly consider moving there.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:12 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times
Speaking of growth, you'd think UT would open another satellite since they really can't grow in Austin... Tyler would be the perfect place, btw A&M is too damn big now.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:26 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX_ View Post
I've been saying that for nearly 12 years in this forum along with the posters who actually reside in the these communities and the surrounding areas. We aren't going around bashing other areas, either, so I don't understand why it continues. No one is asking everyone to like the eastern and southern suburbs, but have an ounce of respect for the people who worked hard and live in decent neighborhoods that resemble typical DFW suburbia more than anything remotely close to a stereotypical "ghetto."

Last edited by Acntx; 04-30-2019 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 PM

222 posts, read 282,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
I've been saying that for nearly 12 years in this forum along with the posters who actually reside in the these communities and the surrounding areas. We aren't going around bashing other areas, either, so I don't understand why it continues. No one is asking everyone to like the eastern and southern suburbs, but have an ounce of respect for the people who worked hard and live in decent neighborhoods that resemble typical DFW suburbia rather than anything close to a stereotypical "ghetto."
It reminds me of when ppl on here said the southern suburbs had more crime and poverty than Balch springs and mesquite. Clearly the posters here are judging by racial demographics and not actual experience

Old 04-30-2019, 09:41 PM

313 posts, read 368,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Speaking of growth, you'd think UT would open another satellite since they really can't grow in Austin... Tyler would be the perfect place, btw A&M is too damn big now.
UT-Tyler already exists. It's a solid, regional university as well as a one year feeder to UT-Austin via the CAP program.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:53 PM

93 posts, read 99,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
There's UNT Dallas, in Southern Dallas near 20 and 35E. It was just a satellite campus of UNT Denton until fairly recently but it's its own school now, I feel like it will grow quite a bit in years to come.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:55 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
And that’s what most people don’t understand about suburban sprawl. The same communities that don’t want public transportation or density will continue to see longer commute times. You are essentially forced to use your car because there are no alternatives.
My sister lives in a suburb of Atlanta. The commutes there are horrible. One of the reasons is because they don't have a regional transit network. Some of the suburbs don't have transit at all and some have their own networks that don't connect with MARTA. They think that if they have transit the "wrong element" will come to their city.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:59 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
Of course, they're ghettos; they aren't Southlake. /s

Old 05-01-2019, 07:10 AM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
mod cut

So, this is the ghetto?

DeSoto

https://goo.gl/maps/DCriQApS5WHiSStb6
https://goo.gl/maps/xTAsY9uaUocqpPaT6

Duncanville

https://goo.gl/maps/gBeajcytQBXUqQSj6
https://goo.gl/maps/V21gmDfbqVrZJMLy8

Cedar Hill

https://goo.gl/maps/3sosrjzycCWAurzE7
https://goo.gl/maps/vne4qUvd4onakwY66

Last edited by Acntx; 05-01-2019 at 06:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas