Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 08:19 AM

5 posts, read 9,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Hi there, I can't figure out which Dallas suburbs and among the best and worst. The metroplex is so HUGE!!! I am talking about neighborhoods that are clean, safe, green (as in trees, grass), and just overall pleasant. Where are the areas that are affordable for most middle class people and where are the REAL nice areas that are affluent and expensive? YOu can also include neighborhoods within the city too.

Of course I would also like to know where to stay away from. Filthy, crime ridden, nothing going for it type of place. Thanks,

daniel
All of the east side of the mid-cities used to be nice, until all the corrupt companies from New York and California started slithering into Texas back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I worked in Downtown Dallas in the late 70's, early 80's and it was nice. You could walk down the street and strangers would say HI or ask for the time or directions, it was really nice. All the suburbs were "sectioned" to their own discrepancies, wage brackets, and even races. Thats they way it was, and it worked for everybody, and we loved it. Everything worked the way it was supposed too, as far as society here was concerned.

Nowadays, it's all mixed. You've got half million dollar McMansions across the street from old wood frame houses that were built in the 40's and 50's. You've got ghetto living across the street from "money". You've got races/religions who hate and despise each other mixed in with all the others......and it's all got everybody constantly in a state of hate-mode and rage tactics.

Frisco is probably the worst right now. They think they are "all that" because all these big businesses have relocated there, and all these people paying almost a million dollars for homes that cost $40,000 to build all think their crap don't stink and they don't need to obey any laws of any kind, as well as the highly corrupt companies that are there.

I haven't been to Frisco in two years or more now, and refuse to go anywhere near it anymore, because the last three times I went to Frisco, I was almost murdered. And the so-called "police" are too busy scarfing donuts to give a damn or even enact any preventative measures to get these murderous psychotics out of town.

And this is the way it is for all the suburbs now. And the politicians, "law enforcement", and state government just do not care.

The only SAFE place is OUT of town, at least 20 miles away from the outter edges of the city limits.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:57 AM

631 posts, read 884,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstripes View Post
All of the east side of the mid-cities used to be nice, until all the corrupt companies from New York and California started slithering into Texas back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I worked in Downtown Dallas in the late 70's, early 80's and it was nice. You could walk down the street and strangers would say HI or ask for the time or directions, it was really nice. All the suburbs were "sectioned" to their own discrepancies, wage brackets, and even races. Thats they way it was, and it worked for everybody, and we loved it. Everything worked the way it was supposed too, as far as society here was concerned.

Nowadays, it's all mixed. You've got half million dollar McMansions across the street from old wood frame houses that were built in the 40's and 50's. You've got ghetto living across the street from "money". You've got races/religions who hate and despise each other mixed in with all the others......and it's all got everybody constantly in a state of hate-mode and rage tactics.

Frisco is probably the worst right now. They think they are "all that" because all these big businesses have relocated there, and all these people paying almost a million dollars for homes that cost $40,000 to build all think their crap don't stink and they don't need to obey any laws of any kind, as well as the highly corrupt companies that are there.

I haven't been to Frisco in two years or more now, and refuse to go anywhere near it anymore, because the last three times I went to Frisco, I was almost murdered. And the so-called "police" are too busy scarfing donuts to give a damn or even enact any preventative measures to get these murderous psychotics out of town.

And this is the way it is for all the suburbs now. And the politicians, "law enforcement", and state government just do not care.

The only SAFE place is OUT of town, at least 20 miles away from the outter edges of the city limits.
LOL, ridiculous bump. Frisco is far from the worst suburb. It's consistently rated as one of the best on all the lists I've seen.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:18 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,233 times
Quote:

Ummm...what?!?

Old 05-20-2019, 09:19 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,233 times
Quote:

Pastor Jeffress...is that you?!?

Old 05-20-2019, 12:08 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:

LOL this is either a **** post or this guy has a confederate flag tattoo.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthlakeMom View Post
In response to FarNorthDallas, Grapevine is not mostly good. There are some very poor apartments. Crime is at an all time high. The Grapevine High School has gone done hill. It's a crap-hole.
I live in Southlake and it's wonderful, but I know it's not an option for everyone. On the Ft. Worth side Keller(Keller High School is good, Central is okay, Stay away from Fossil Ridge!), Trophy Club (Byron Nelson High School is great), Saginaw (far West Fort Worth great schools) and North Richland Hills (Birdville ISD is good) are worth looking into. On the Dallas side McKinney, Lucas/Fairview, Richardson, and North Plano all have good public schools and are worth checking out.
Also many people are moving to Argyle and Anna-cheaper and more land all very good schools.
I would stay away from Irving, Garland, Grand Prairie, East Plano, Grapevine, Rockwall, and Weathorford. All are run down. Dynamics within the public schools have shifted within the last 10 yrs. The only place worth being stuck in is the McArthur High School zoned area of Irving.
If public schools are not an issue. I suggest West Arlington, the Lake Highland neighborhoods of Dallas, or the Western Hills neighborhood of Fort Worth. All very nice neighborhoods, diverse, many activities close by.
HAHAHAHA You sound like a person from Southlake.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
HAHAHAHA You sound like a person from Southlake.
That post is from 7 years ago.

Just FYI.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:36 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,765 times
Moderator Note: Sometimes its best to just let sleeping threads lie. This one is a prime example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas