Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:30 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiber Guy View Post
Your aspirations are not inspirational - so much for upward mobility! lol
That's the best you have?

Our household income is over $200k a year. We're plenty upwardly mobile. We just choose to spend it differently.

I hope you're not in sales because you're not very good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 01:53 PM

210 posts, read 276,134 times
Your reply speaks volumes! BTW has anybody you know that has died ever take one penny with them? You are very wise and extremely frugal. Waiting for that rainy day and that retirement, right? Your heirs will be thrilled! lol

Old 06-28-2019, 02:04 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
When I first moved here 14 years ago, Prosper was supposed to remain a little bit country.... large estate lots. I see the city father's have abandoned that plan. Subdivisions west of the Tollway look like Frisco North. This thing is huge. Nice, but huge. Prosper is losing it's distinctiveness and just another suburb like those to the south. Not a horrible thing, just liked the upper crust but still rural vibe it had ten years ago. Now just more upper crust.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:40 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Prosper is losing it's distinctiveness and just another suburb like those to the south. Not a horrible thing, just liked the upper crust but still rural vibe it had ten years ago. Now just more upper crust.

Agreed... I'm happy that my area is already developed and we're surrounded by homes with 1 acre lots and horse farms. Not a fan of most of the new developments going in.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:59 AM

724 posts, read 530,316 times
Quote:
Your reply speaks volumes! BTW has anybody you know that has died ever take one penny with them? You are very wise and extremely frugal. Waiting for that rainy day and that retirement, right? Your heirs will be thrilled! lol
Exactly. Money gives you freedom to retire early and enjoy life. Glad you finally got it.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:18 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
They said spend it differently, not that they don't spend it.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:47 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
They said spend it differently, not that they don't spend it.
There is so much you can do if you don’t overspend on a house. You can invest, travel, pay off mortgage, send kids to good private schools and colleges, get vacation home, donate, support parents, retire early etc etc. Not everyone buys a house to impress others even though it takes two hours daily commute and not being able to ever make it to children’s activities. Health and real happiness matters, it’s not all about new flooring.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:19 AM

724 posts, read 530,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
There is so much you can do if you don’t overspend on a house. You can invest, travel, pay off mortgage, send kids to good private schools and colleges, get vacation home, donate, support parents, retire early etc etc. Not everyone buys a house to impress others even though it takes two hours daily commute and not being able to ever make it to children’s activities. Health and real happiness matters, it’s not all about new flooring.
Heck. You can even spend on new flooring.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM

176 posts, read 234,227 times
I've seen the lagoon and it is very impressive. The size you just have to see in person. It seems that Windsong has a lot of amenities that were well thought out. I mean why vacation when you kind of have a built in mini resort
I grew up in UP and it would have been so much fun to have had a lagoon that size! I can only imagine all the kiddos in Windsong who have been counting down the days til the lagoon opened!

Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 PM

377 posts, read 382,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
When I first moved here 14 years ago, Prosper was supposed to remain a little bit country.... large estate lots. I see the city father's have abandoned that plan. Subdivisions west of the Tollway look like Frisco North. This thing is huge. Nice, but huge. Prosper is losing it's distinctiveness and just another suburb like those to the south. Not a horrible thing, just liked the upper crust but still rural vibe it had ten years ago. Now just more upper crust.
To be fair, what choice did Prosper have?

The ISD is good, which causes lots of people to move here.

When that happens, you got 2 choices: 1) build more houses; 2) put a moratorium on housing.

Option #2 is illegal. I know because other cities have tried it because they wanted to stay small. Developers took those towns to court and won.

Prosper has 2 options to pay for the schools: 1) raise home property taxes; 2) raise business taxes. Businesses won't open unless there's new residential construction.

I guess the real solution is for Prosper to trash their ISD, that way nobody will want to move there and then they dont have to build any new houses or schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas