Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 01:08 PM

427 posts, read 494,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
You are having a bad day?

Another poster recommended Coppell so I posted WP being a option if Coppell is in running. As far as UP, they can’t have it all in that budget within 10 minutes.

Have a cold cup of water and eat something sugary. You’ll feel better.
I don't think so - it's just you have to stop being UNFAIR and Unreasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 01:24 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,173,706 times
All options are on the table, OP can decide what works for her family. Imho UP, LW, ND, LH, WP all are contestants with different pros and cons. Their budget can’t meet their each and every need. Lakewood sounds like best compromise but her mileage may vary.

Last edited by UnfairPark; 07-31-2019 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 03:03 PM

427 posts, read 494,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
All options are on the table, OP can decide what works for her family. Imho UP, LW, ND, LH, WP all are contestants with different pros and cons. Their budget can’t meet their each and every need. Lakewood sounds like best compromise but her mileage may vary.
hope you get it now - that's why people look at various other options like Allen, Frisco, McKinney or some other place as it is not always possible to get everything. They compromise based on what is more important to them. So, stop saying Plano for a Job in Dallas or for a Job in Oklahoma which is what you do on this board each and every day and in every post. You behave as if people are idiots if they don't live in Plano.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:24 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
You behave as if people are idiots if they don't live in Plano.
I agree that Plano is not a fit for all of life's circumstances. I wouldn't feel comfortable with living in Plano.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:32 PM

988 posts, read 3,254,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersguy100 View Post

OP, for context and so you don’t think we are all just bickering, UFP has a habit of trying to plug a square peg into a round hole just to tell anyone looking for advice why they should be moving to Plano (and preferably W Plano). It’s just not helpful. I live in N Oak Cliff which would be a fantastic option for you given the downtown commute, price point, lifestyle, etc. But only if you’re willing to send the kids to private school after 5th grade. The middle schools and high schools are trying, but they don’t have anything in the way of honors/gifted programs you seemed to want, even if you’re willing to take a chance on a huge urban school that is 95%+ low income with lots of issues.
It would be huge if Rosemont’s small language arts middle school expands into a neighborhood middle school.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:58 PM

317 posts, read 228,234 times
I want to elaborate on the 30-minute commute into downtown. I work downtown, and I have to admit it takes 15 minutes to leave my desk, get to the car and make it to Woodall Rogers...That being said, if you are seeking a 30-minute commute, you will need to live inside of Loop 12. M Streets, Lakewood, to still get the walkability factor and decent schools.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:32 AM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
M Streets is a good suggestion!

Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,777,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
I want to elaborate on the 30-minute commute into downtown. I work downtown, and I have to admit it takes 15 minutes to leave my desk, get to the car and make it to Woodall Rogers...That being said, if you are seeking a 30-minute commute, you will need to live inside of Loop 12. M Streets, Lakewood, to still get the walkability factor and decent schools.
I love some of the homes and streets in Lakewood, but it isn’t “walkable” in the sense that most people use the phrase to refer to urban walkability. Sure you can walk around the block with your dog and you can walk to the homes of your nearby neighbors, but for most of Lakewood there are no amenities you can reach within walking distance (maybe White Rock depending where you live). It’s more suburban in its layout in that sense. Many folks love that about it, just wanted to point out the distinction. M Streets or Old E Dallas are more “walkable” in the sense that you can walk to Knox or Greenville and there is shopping, bars, restaurants, etc within walking distance.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:35 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeVilley View Post
Not true. Lake Highlands fits the bill. I can leave the house at 8:30 and be in a bankruptcy courtroom by 9:00, including parking, walking to the courthouse, and going through two security checks on the first and fourteenth floors.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:39 PM

317 posts, read 228,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersguy100 View Post
I love some of the homes and streets in Lakewood, but it isn’t “walkable” in the sense that most people use the phrase to refer to urban walkability. Sure you can walk around the block with your dog and you can walk to the homes of your nearby neighbors, but for most of Lakewood there are no amenities you can reach within walking distance (maybe White Rock depending where you live). It’s more suburban in its layout in that sense. Many folks love that about it, just wanted to point out the distinction. M Streets or Old E Dallas are more “walkable” in the sense that you can walk to Knox or Greenville and there is shopping, bars, restaurants, etc within walking distance.
Homes near the whole foods on gaston, lower skillman/abrams area gives you places to walk to Lakewood shopping center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas