Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 08:59 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,142,011 times

Advertisements

What attributes can make a street an ideal one for you? Gate? Cul-de-sac? Trees? Alley? Green belt? Good neighbors? Front porches?

Last edited by UnfairPark; 07-30-2019 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 09:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,029,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
What attributes can make a street an ideal one for you? Gate? Cul-de-sac? Trees? Alley? Green belt? Good neighbors?
Oceanfront on Maui.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:06 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,194,759 times
The next house I live in will be in a gated community. I'm getting really tired of people parking multiple cars on the street because they have too much junk in their garages they can't fit their cars in there. I also like a cul-de-sac, keeps through traffic down and is generally a lot quieter, and safer for kids to play in.

Alleys can be nice, I prefer seeing homes without large garage doors in the front of a home. Good neighbors are ideal on any kind of street.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oceanfront on Maui.
Good one but let’s get back to our local reality.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 PM

8,028 posts, read 3,603,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oceanfront on Maui.
I would be satisfied with Cayman as well

Old 07-30-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
The next house I live in will be in a gated community. I'm getting really tired of people parking multiple cars on the street because they have too much junk in their garages they can't fit their cars in there. I also like a cul-de-sac, keeps through traffic down and is generally a lot quieter, and safer for kids to play in.

Alleys can be nice, I prefer seeing homes without large garage doors in the front of a home. Good neighbors are ideal on any kind of street.
How would gate help with parking issue?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:42 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,218,366 times
Tokalon Drive.

Nuff said.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:13 AM

5,428 posts, read 4,425,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Tokalon Drive.

Nuff said.
Yes!!!!

Old 07-31-2019, 07:02 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,194,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
How would gate help with parking issue?

Because when a community is gated, the roads become private, not public, and under the responsibility of the homeowners and the HOA. Most HOAs I know that are gated do not allow parking on the street, and some even limit what type of cars you can park in a driveway.

We have one family in our neighborhood (right next door to us unfortunately) that is owned by a husband/wife. They have 2 cars, and they park in the garage. The unfortunate part is that they have their children (who are all in their 30's and 40's) living there with their families too, and they all have cars. No one parks in the driveway, because that would block the cars of the owner/wife from getting out, the 3rd car garage is full of junk and can't fit a bicycle much less a car, so the other 5-6 cars park on the street in front of their house, their neighbor's houses, etc. We've had to call the cops to come out because they were blocking our driveway on multiple occasions, and finally we just had enough.

We're all hoping for the day when their kids move out, but it doesn't look like that will be any time soon, they've been living there for at least 5 years now. If we were in the gated portion of our neighborhood, it wouldn't be an issue, as the HOA doesn't allow street parking for longer than 24 hours.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Because when a community is gated, the roads become private, not public, and under the responsibility of the homeowners and the HOA. Most HOAs I know that are gated do not allow parking on the street, and some even limit what type of cars you can park in a driveway.

We have one family in our neighborhood (right next door to us unfortunately) that is owned by a husband/wife. They have 2 cars, and they park in the garage. The unfortunate part is that they have their children (who are all in their 30's and 40's) living there with their families too, and they all have cars. No one parks in the driveway, because that would block the cars of the owner/wife from getting out, the 3rd car garage is full of junk and can't fit a bicycle much less a car, so the other 5-6 cars park on the street in front of their house, their neighbor's houses, etc. We've had to call the cops to come out because they were blocking our driveway on multiple occasions, and finally we just had enough.

We're all hoping for the day when their kids move out, but it doesn't look like that will be any time soon, they've been living there for at least 5 years now. If we were in the gated portion of our neighborhood, it wouldn't be an issue, as the HOA doesn't allow street parking for longer than 24 hours.
Got it. However, it has nothing to do with gated in other communities, just depends on HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas