Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,488 times

Advertisements

If You Are Looking To Relocate This Is The Place Home Range From 140000-3mil. Mckinney Has Its Own Beach Club It Is Located In Stonebridge Ranch, However You Have To Be A Residence. 12 Lake To Fish/picnic, Tennis, Sand Volleyball. Its All Here In Stonebridge. Been Here 3 Years Love It Will Not Move Back To South Of Dallas, We Fall In Love With The Schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 12:18 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWANKS View Post
If You Are Looking To Relocate This Is The Place Home Range From 140000-3mil. Mckinney Has Its Own Beach Club It Is Located In Stonebridge Ranch, However You Have To Be A Residence. 12 Lake To Fish/picnic, Tennis, Sand Volleyball. Its All Here In Stonebridge. Been Here 3 Years Love It Will Not Move Back To South Of Dallas, We Fall In Love With The Schools.
Actually, the housing available in McKinney currently on the market ranges in price from $30K to $2.8M (anything over $3M is in Fairview ). McKinney does NOT have their "own Beach Club". The master planned community of Stonebridge Ranch has several pools with one having a beach entry area. Of course this new area is going to be attractive to anyone coming from some bad areas that may be in South Dallas. With over 1500 homes for sale in McKinney and that does NOT include the houses that builders may not have listed on MLS one should easily be able to find a house within their budget. I personally would NOT recommend McKinney if one works in downtown Dallas. The commute would be brutal and all of those fluffs available if one DOES live in Stonebridge would be meaningless as they would not have the time to enjoy such. I'm glad you have found your slice of "Heaven on Earth" but it is by far not for everyone.

FYI, might want to have the teacher go over your post Not to nitpick but one does not capitalize the first letter in each word as well as a few other minor errors.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:25 PM

105 posts, read 337,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
FYI, might want to have the teacher go over your post Not to nitpick but one does not capitalize the first letter in each word as well as a few other minor errors.
Guffaw!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM

415 posts, read 1,712,469 times
Quote:
Actually, the housing available in McKinney currently on the market ranges in price from $30K to $2.8M (anything over $3M is in Fairview ). McKinney does NOT have their "own Beach Club". The master planned community of Stonebridge Ranch has several pools with one having a beach entry area. Of course this new area is going to be attractive to anyone coming from some bad areas that may be in South Dallas. With over 1500 homes for sale in McKinney and that does NOT include the houses that builders may not have listed on MLS one should easily be able to find a house within their budget. I personally would NOT recommend McKinney if one works in downtown Dallas. The commute would be brutal and all of those fluffs available if one DOES live in Stonebridge would be meaningless as they would not have the time to enjoy such. I'm glad you have found your slice of "Heaven on Earth" but it is by far not for everyone.
What a curious post. You are absolutely right, except that a large portion of the budget goes to groundskeeping, which you can enjoy on your way home at 8pm...

Quote:
LMAO. My first thought as well.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:16 PM

37 posts, read 106,464 times
There is no reason to be rude to other people. McKinney is a great area to live and close to just about everything. Or as close as you can get when you live in Texas.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM

415 posts, read 1,712,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angram73 View Post
There is no reason to be rude to other people. McKinney is a great area to live and close to just about everything. Or as close as you can get when you live in Texas.
Close to just about everything? There are a lot of things out here, but McKinney is not *close* to everything, even given Texas standards.

However, I will agree that it's a great place to live.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:51 AM

164 posts, read 789,821 times
McKinney is close to Allen and Sherman thats about it. Brutal commute if you plan on going farther than Plano.

If I were relocating the only way I would move to McKinney is if my job was in Mckinney

Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
McKinney is close to Allen and Sherman thats about it. Brutal commute if you plan on going farther than Plano.

If I were relocating the only way I would move to McKinney is if my job was in Mckinney
True. I was just letting people know that may come on here that it is NOT the end all be all especially if one has to work in Downtown Dallas and/or prefers the nightlife of a large city that Dallas offers. Talk about KILLER. YIKES!

And NO, as a Native Texan I will say that McKinney is NOT close to everything even by Texas Standards. That only applies in places WAY OUT in the country and then your not dealing w/ bumper to bumper traffic 24/7, just the farmer that is on the FM road w/ his tractor

Old 04-19-2008, 12:33 PM

150 posts, read 855,073 times
I suppose "close" has different meanings to everyone. Personally, I find McKinney "close" to a lot of stuff by my rural standards. To me, close means that I can get to a place in a car in a couple of hours or so. In about 2hrs I can go to a rodeo, visit a museum or zoo, ride a boat on the lake, attend a university, go camping/fishing, see a "broadway" play, attend a major league game (baseball, basketball, hockey, football), spend the day at an amusement park and dine at a 5 star restaurant. Sure, these would be "destination" trips where I'd plan on spending the day or several hours. I have said that if I worked in downtown Dallas, I personally wouldn't want to drive from McKinney. But I don't mind driving for entertainment. You have to remember this is coming from a gal who grew up driving 4 hours to attend a major league baseball game or 2.5 hours to shop at a "real" mall. We used to consider any place we could drive to in less than 4 hours was "close".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: