Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 24,750 times

Advertisements

[]We have moved to the Little Elm/Aubrey area in Paloma Creek. Any one who lives there, please tell me your likes and dislikes. It seems easier to get around if you are off of 380 as apposed to being in the middle of the bottleneck area of Little Elm, although I am sure it will be better once all the roads get opened up up there. My husband works in Carrollton and says he is fine with the commute, but could some of you tell me how the commute really is? I know there are many different routes he could take, so that is a good thing. Anyway, any info on Paloma Creek would be great! Thanks and have a great day!

Leanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,646 times
Default how long does your husband drive?

my husband and i both work in carrollton and we are soon moving to paloma creek in aubrey. i would like to know how long does it take your husband to commute to carrollton. thanks!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,044,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4114LEANNE View Post
[]We have moved to the Little Elm/Aubrey area in Paloma Creek. Any one who lives there, please tell me your likes and dislikes. It seems easier to get around if you are off of 380 as apposed to being in the middle of the bottleneck area of Little Elm, although I am sure it will be better once all the roads get opened up up there. My husband works in Carrollton and says he is fine with the commute, but could some of you tell me how the commute really is? I know there are many different routes he could take, so that is a good thing. Anyway, any info on Paloma Creek would be great! Thanks and have a great day!

Leanne
I'm your neighbor, living in Savannah. And yes, being able to travel on 380 toward the Tollway is far better than being inside Little Elm, with a mile-long trail of cars on a 2 lane road.

I haven't tried it during the real rush hour, but driving from Savannah to Carrollton is about a 35 minute drive around 9AM.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 14,867 times
I used to live in Aubrey on Rockhill Road and I thought it would have much less crime than Old East Dallas. Well, I was surprised to find out that there was a huge problem with drug dealers and Mexican gangs moving into the area, much more than I was used to in Dallas. Criminal types moved in and pretty soon we had a huge problem with people growing pot. Turns out the area is great for growing pot and the local law enforcement was very lax in enforcement of drug laws. I'm not saying who did what to whom, but I sold out and moved back to Dallas and I've never looked back.

Last edited by mdrleery; 06-16-2009 at 11:09 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 11:49 PM

134 posts, read 514,321 times
Quote:
Well, I was surprised to find out that there was a huge problem with drug dealers and Mexican gangs moving into the area, much more than I was used to in Dallas. Criminal types moved in and pretty soon we had a huge problem with people growing pot. Turns out the area is great for growing pot and the local law enforcement was very lax in enforcement of drug laws. I'm not saying who did what to whom, but I sold out and moved back to Dallas and I've never looked back.
WTF? I've lived here for two years and have yet to see any form of crime other than minor traffic violations. Unless you count the HOA ripping off the residents in fees, but that's hardly a federal offense.

PC is very quiet. Lots of families, kids, people walking their dogs. Everything is completely silent after 10pm. The sherriff's department patrols the neighborhood- I've seen them on several occasions. I've always felt safe here. People are mostly friendly. It depends where you live. The more developed your street is, the friendlier it seems to be.

Traffic is not much of a problem. 423 gets a little stacked up coming home during afternoon rush hour, so I'd take the Tollway. In the mornings, the Tollway flows pretty well until you get close to Parker/190.

Almost all your stores and shopping will be at 423/El Doradro or at El Dorado/Tollway. We sometimes go up to Denton, but not very often anymore. It's easier not to have to deal with the constuction on 288.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM

10 posts, read 39,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLara View Post
WTF? I've lived here for two years and have yet to see any form of crime other than minor traffic violations. Unless you count the HOA ripping off the residents in fees, but that's hardly a federal offense.

PC is very quiet. Lots of families, kids, people walking their dogs. Everything is completely silent after 10pm. The sherriff's department patrols the neighborhood- I've seen them on several occasions. I've always felt safe here. People are mostly friendly. It depends where you live. The more developed your street is, the friendlier it seems to be.

Traffic is not much of a problem. 423 gets a little stacked up coming home during afternoon rush hour, so I'd take the Tollway. In the mornings, the Tollway flows pretty well until you get close to Parker/190.

Almost all your stores and shopping will be at 423/El Doradro or at El Dorado/Tollway. We sometimes go up to Denton, but not very often anymore. It's easier not to have to deal with the constuction on 288.

Hope this helps.
Agreed! I haven't been here that long, but it is a very quiet neighborhood, and in fact, all of the whole 380 corridor seems to be that way. The person complaining about all the pot growers seems like they just had a bad neighbor living out in the country or something.
I would also agree with the Tollway recommendation. I'd take that any day over 423!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:27 PM

70 posts, read 264,015 times
I live in Providence and I also agree. The crime is so low here that on a couple of weekends, the sherriff actually knocked on everybody's doors to let them know that sometime during the night some cars got egged and ours was one of them and he wanted us to know so that we could get our car washed before the sun baked the egg into the paint. If the sheriff actually has the time to let people know about kids egging their cars/house then you know the crime is low out here.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,665,454 times
This is an olsd thread ,but felt the need to chime in....

"Much more crime than I was used to in Dallas " - Laughable....Gangs,crime pot growing ?!?! NO WAY...The Aubrey /Savannah area is in no way crime ridden as mdrreely states.100 percent false information....

Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 PM

58 posts, read 141,352 times
I live in Paloma Creek and the we did have a few vehicle break ins, but it looks like DCSO took care of that. Also we did have an armed robbery a while back, but that was drug related and the two parties were from Denton and McKinney. Our area is a good halfway point for the lowlifes in those areas. Stay vigilant and make notes of things you see that are out of place. And if you feel the need, get your CHL and carry concealed. I do.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 7,050 times
I live in Paloma Creek. I have lived here June 2003 to present. Therefore, I am in a good position to state the following: At first, good neighborhood. In 2008, things started their slope downhill. Foreclosures turned to rentals, turned to section 8 renters. You know what you get with section 8 renters, with government subidising their rent. Today, kids breaking into cars, items on display in lawns destroyed, neighbors playing loud music with derogatory terms (cursing). Calls to sheriffs office.....told: There is no noise ordinance. good luck! My young kids have to listed to hoodlem music or I can place my radio towards the offending house and have a music war. Not my style. People running stop signs and driving 60 miles per hour. Called sheriffs office. Told the following: Water district. Rules are not enforceable. Signs are more suggestions. A joke at best. Watched four sheriffs office cars converge on my neighbors house, throwing two african american young adults, over 18, against garage. Looking for guns! What a nice thing on my street. Vehicle restrictions are supposed to apply. Neighbors park the large panel vans in the road and their drive, as well as long trailers and boats, for extended periods. HOA method. Mail a letter which takes a week, then mail another letter, then another letter. Soungs kind of like our government agencies....useless. Bottom line, I would not suggest to my enemy that they move here to Paloma Creek. As soon as house prices come back, mine will be for sale, after 9 long years, and I will move to a neighborhood where the home prices start a little higher and the HOA has some backbone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas