Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 AM

200 posts, read 900,035 times

Advertisements

The realtors in the Costco Program are Pru CA NV TX. C21 Judge Fite, C21 Mike Bowman and I can remember the other company.

You can go on LendingTree.com and do a dummy name so you will not be contacted and put in a city and find which realtors cover that city. You have to register to take ;advantage of their promotion or sorry regular real estate program. Sometimes they have a promotion going to get extra gift cards etc.

Lending Tree administers the program for Costco. I am using it in CA and also in Texas to buy there. I can't remember the 4th but they did have 4 when I looked. They also have a program where you can get airmiles (through Lend. Tree) but Costco has the cash inventive program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 02:29 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjamm View Post
Hello, this is my first time posting here and just have a quick question about how this would work.

I am interested in buying my first home in Dallas. I have my pre-approval letter from my credit union and am ready to buy and start putting in offers. I have kind of been working with a buyers agent however have not signed any contract with them. This agent has not done any work for me. Every home I have looked at is based on me finding it and researching its value/comps. I said I want to live in one of three cities and this agent keeps showing me others, even 30-40 miles away where I want to live, with "bonuses" (which I am sure benefits them not me). The only work they have done is write up one offer, and show me 3 homes. I asked since I am doing all the work if they would be willing to accept 1% and give me the other 2% for closing, the response i got was "Times are hard and i cant accept anything under 3%".

I found this rude and appauling. If I am buying a home for 250k and they will get near 7k off of the deal instead of 2500 I offered which I still feel is undeserved.

Is there a way to get a lawyer or make an offer myself? Or is there any agent in the DFW area that can basically just write up an offer for me and give me the discount towards closing since I am willing to do all the work.

It must just be me but i feel 3% is way too high since I am doing all the work. Is it just me or am I being unreasonable?

Thanks for your opinions.
All things are negotiable, but not everyone is willing to negotiate. I would suggest finding a good buyer's agent who is focused on getting you a lower price and better terms on your home purchase; your agent can offer you a rebate too.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 PM

72 posts, read 257,743 times
Bjamm,

What an experience! Sorry you are experiencing that. That is NOT the way it's supposed to work. The only reason I can think of recommending a different area than the one the client is requesting is if they don't know the area and it doesn't meet the criteria they say they want. The code of ethics says that Realtors are supposed to look out for their clients best interests not their pocketbooks best interests! That's appalling!

There are plenty of nice homes in that area. Some may not be available to the general public, so you may want to explore looking at someone who'll really want to listen to you and your needs. A viable alternative to who you are working with now who can run comparables for you, help you inspect the property, knows what to look for in a property that can spell trouble and can refer you to the top vendors in the area.

Best wishes,
Real Estate Diva
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: