Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 12:28 PM

562 posts, read 546,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
I don’t think great school is trash, if it is, why Zillow and realtor.com and other real estate website all use it?
Because greatschools pays them (welcome to business)

Quote:
The rating in great school is basically consistent
Did you literally ignore my entire post ? It's not consistent with anything

"Coppell is ranked top 1% school district on digger, coppell high is ranked almost top 500 in the nation by US Newsweek (96 out of 100) , and TEA state rankings have it at a 93 out of 100"

Great schools literally rates a top 3% highschool in the nation (Coppell) as "above average". Another nearby school (Pearce) they ranked 5 out of 10 which is average. Pearce is literally ranked both A and top5% by niche, top 5% by US news, and 88 on the TEA state rankings.

There's literally no way you can defend incompentence that's this severe. There is no consistenty with them (if anything everybody else is consistent and they aren't)

Last edited by mastershake575; 01-08-2020 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 12:33 PM

207 posts, read 204,235 times
Also consider Prosper ISD.

Best schools , High growth, well diversified and cheaper when compared to frisco isd.

In Prosper ISD also you will see several Indian families.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:26 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,079,013 times
Moderator note: Previous posts that were off-topic, contained inappropriate content, and/or subsequent replies to those posts have been removed. Either assist the OP by answering the questions asked or leave the thread.

Further disruptions will not be tolerated and it isn't up for discussion. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by Acntx; 01-08-2020 at 06:10 PM..

Old 01-08-2020, 05:37 PM

15,431 posts, read 10,350,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj2020 View Post
Hello,

We are planning to move to Dallas. I have been googling a bit.. but I would appreciate your comments.. Thanks!!!

Coppell, Frisco, and McKinney seem to be good school districts from my search.

Frisco seems to be saturated already (in terms of growth)..etc. How bad is the traffic?

McKinney seems to have good potential for good growth? How bad is the commute from McKinney? Sounded like, McKinney has room for future growth (as Frisco did) ?

Good Schools (9+ rating) is what I'm looking for.. either in Frisco/McKinney/Coppell/..etc. New Home Source site does show many communities, but its not convenient to find out the school ratings. Is there a better way?

Where are Indians in the area buying new houses now? Fellow Indians, please comment.

Where are the Indian IT/Consulting Companies located?

Dallas suburb, Irving has developed, then Plano, and Frisco.. Has Frisco come to a point that people are moving further north Prosper/McKinney?

BTW, I can't find many new homes for Coppell location or Coppell ISD.
There just isn't much land left in Coppell for new builds. Most of the lovely homes there were built in the 90's and early 2000's. Parts of Coppell remind me of parts of Preston Hollow, the curvy streets, small hills, streams and so on. It's beautiful, but not new. You are going to have to go further out for new.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:45 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,531,045 times
To the OP, it would be best if you could find a job first or at least have a few possibilities narrowed down. The DFW Metroplex is large. Buying a home in McKinney and then having to commute to Fort Worth or Irving would be miserable.

I am not Indian, but there are a couple of areas where Indians tend to live:

McKinney and Frisco: A lot of South Asian people move here if they are looking at new construction. New homes typically begin at $500,000. FISD high schools enroll about 1,500-2,000 students. MISD high schools are larger and run in the 3,000 range.

Coppell and Irving: This is one of the most central area to live or work. There will be little new construction in Coppell especially. The schools are probably ranked highly in Coppell than the other three school districts.

Keep in mind that school districts in Texas do not follow city limit lines.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:08 PM

122 posts, read 169,026 times
Did you read my statement carefully? I say “ basically consistent”, if you trust school digger, rather than great school, go to school digger and find the ranking of elementary schools in coppel such as Denton creek, Wilson, cottonwood creek,... are they ranking high?

QUOTE=mastershake575;57047493]Because greatschools pays them (welcome to business)

Did you literally ignore my entire post ? It's not consistent with anything

"Coppell is ranked top 1% school district on digger, coppell high is ranked almost top 500 in the nation by US Newsweek (96 out of 100) , and TEA state rankings have it at a 93 out of 100"

Great schools literally rates a top 3% highschool in the nation (Coppell) as "above average". Another nearby school (Pearce) they ranked 5 out of 10 which is average. Pearce is literally ranked both A and top5% by niche, top 5% by US news, and 88 on the TEA state rankings.

There's literally no way you can defend incompentence that's this severe. There is no consistenty with them (if anything everybody else is consistent and they aren't)[/quote]

Old 01-08-2020, 11:35 PM

562 posts, read 546,821 times
Quote:
Did you read my statement carefully? I say “ basically consistent”,
It's not only inconsistent with other websites but it's not even consistent with it's OWN rankings. For example they list both Coppell Jr highs as 9 out of 10 but then rate the highschool (which is both Jr Highs combined and ranked top 3% nationally) as only 7 out of 10....... ????

There saying two 9 out of 10 Jr highs equal an above average highschool..... (lol)

The inconsistently is across most highschools on greatschools. For example JJ pearce high they list it as an average 5 out of 10 highschool but then rate 5 out of the 7 elementary schools that feed into it as 10 out of 10....... (lol). They rate Richardson High 2 points higher even though 1. They rate all the Richardson High elementary schools worst than Pearce and 2. TEA and US news both have Pearce and Richardson literally neck and neck. Greatschools is literally not even consistent with there own rankings

Like I said greatschools is a literally joke that holds very little weight. At very best it's a modest starting point but that's it, it doesn't hold any real credibility

Last edited by mastershake575; 01-08-2020 at 11:57 PM..

Old 01-10-2020, 01:49 PM

139 posts, read 100,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Your timeline is a bit off. Irving & Plano have been developed Dallas suburbs my entire life (I'm over 40).

However, both are very close to being 100% built-out. This means that new builds in both suburbs will be in less-than-desirable locations unless those stubborn holdout landowners sell their prime land to be platted for residential development. I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice buying a house 20 feet from a highway service road just because "IT'S NEW!!!" rather than buying a house in a more desirable location that may be 5, 10, even 20 years older. Food for thought.

Frisco isn't built-out yet and the demand for new construction is strong, mostly because it seems to be mostly south Asians moving there and you guys have a very strong preference for brand-spanking-new. This pushes up prices (for new builds) in Frisco. If you're priced out, you should probably try Prosper. (I had actually been hearing that realtors in Frisco were having trouble selling new builds, so I dunno.) I doubt Indians are flocking to Little Elm; I hear the schools aren't very good. I've never met a single Indian who lives in McKinney. All the ones I work with live in Irving (Valley Ranch) or Frisco with very few exceptions. A couple of the older ones live in Plano.

If you want to know where India, Inc. has set up shop in DFW you should be able to Google it and figure it out yourself.
Hoping you made a typo there. McKinney near 121 has TONS of SFH communities which are almost 95% Indian (near the yet to be built 'Park Vista' which I'm sure will also be mostly Indian.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:43 PM

122 posts, read 169,026 times
if great school is really a trash, then zillow, realtor, redfin, trulia, estately... , all of these reputable real estate site should not use it as that will degrade their reputation significantly, even greateschool really pay them to use, they will not use it as it is a trash. But in reality, they did not, they have used great school for many years.

You listed some inconsistency, which may be true, but you can not use a few extreme examples to deny all ranking in greatschool. From my observation, in general, the rating makes sense and they are generally agree with other ranking source such as Niche, schooldigger and US news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
It's not only inconsistent with other websites but it's not even consistent with it's OWN rankings. For example they list both Coppell Jr highs as 9 out of 10 but then rate the highschool (which is both Jr Highs combined and ranked top 3% nationally) as only 7 out of 10....... ????

There saying two 9 out of 10 Jr highs equal an above average highschool..... (lol)

The inconsistently is across most highschools on greatschools. For example JJ pearce high they list it as an average 5 out of 10 highschool but then rate 5 out of the 7 elementary schools that feed into it as 10 out of 10....... (lol). They rate Richardson High 2 points higher even though 1. They rate all the Richardson High elementary schools worst than Pearce and 2. TEA and US news both have Pearce and Richardson literally neck and neck. Greatschools is literally not even consistent with there own rankings

Like I said greatschools is a literally joke that holds very little weight. At very best it's a modest starting point but that's it, it doesn't hold any real credibility

Old 01-10-2020, 04:44 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,266,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyttt View Post
Hi. I am reading this thread as I am very interested in also moving to Coppell and like the idea of a diverse community. However, we are Caucasian and I have heard that some schools of the Coppell elementary schools are predominantly Indian which would not be a good fit for us. Can someone lmk which these schools are, and which schools are more diverse and also highly desirable? Same question w/ housing- is there any new housing that is diverse, but not overwhelmingly east Asian?
Indians are South Asian.

Chinese, Japanese, Koreans are East Asian.

What's it gonna be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas