Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 07:54 PM

477 posts, read 1,051,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
I think you have the area's a little mixed up. Heights park is North of Beltine but south of Araphoe. The area your talking about thats near Spring Valley is cottonwood park and cottonwood creek (almost everything south of Belt Line feeds into Dover elementary and not Heights).

That's weird that you have run into snobbery since it's not exactly a snob neighbhorhood (due to affordability and smaller size houses it attacts empty nesters, young 1st time homebuyers, and renters). I would expect snobbery in the more upper middle class areas like Mohawk, Canyon creek, and praire creek.

Richardson Heights is South of Belt Line. And yes, I can't tell you how many times I've heard couples from that area turn down their noses at anything East of 75. I've even heard someone call the east side ghetto before. It really is quite comical to me , but I've learned that's how Dallas works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 10:05 AM

565 posts, read 558,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
Richardson Heights is South of Belt Line. And yes, I can't tell you how many times I've heard couples from that area turn down their noses at anything East of 75. I've even heard someone call the east side ghetto before. It really is quite comical to me , but I've learned that's how Dallas works.
I was just there a few days ago. The elementary school, park, and the adjacent arapahoe heights neighorhood are all North of Belt Line. Good area but far from snob central.

Old 12-03-2020, 02:30 PM

477 posts, read 1,051,530 times
The area behind Alamo Drafthouse from Belt Line to Spring Valley is Richardson Heights neighborhood. There is even a giant sign stating this South of Beltline. I also still belong to their neighborhood group on FB, again South of Beltline. If I knew how to attach a Google map photo showing this I would.

Old 12-03-2020, 07:52 PM

406 posts, read 341,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
I happen to live in Richardson, East of 75, near the intersection of E. Belt Line and N. Greenville Ave and in many ways it almost feels like a ghetto. I am actively looking for a nicer area to relocate to.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:20 AM

355 posts, read 469,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
I happen to live in Richardson, East of 75, near the intersection of E. Belt Line and N. Greenville Ave and in many ways it almost feels like a ghetto. I am actively looking for a nicer area to relocate to.
I would consider that area more 'old' than 'ghetto'. That's also the area that's getting some massive street improvements that will make the area a bit nicer to be around.

No place in Richardson (MAYBE Spring Valley and Coit?) is even remotely similar to some of the run-down neighborhoods in Dallas. Even other suburbs like Irving, Farmers Branch, and Garland have places that are sketchy.

I don't want to be seen as someone who's boosting Richardson, but traveling gave me perspective on how good I really live here. DFW has been a blessing for many people.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:57 AM

565 posts, read 558,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas12 View Post
I would consider that area more 'old' than 'ghetto'. That's also the area that's getting some massive street improvements that will make the area a bit nicer to be around.

No place in Richardson (MAYBE Spring Valley and Coit?) is even remotely similar to some of the run-down neighborhoods in Dallas. Even other suburbs like Irving, Farmers Branch, and Garland have places that are sketchy.

I don't want to be seen as someone who's boosting Richardson, but traveling gave me perspective on how good I really live here. DFW has been a blessing for many people.
Yeah Richardson is one of the very few cities in DFW that legitimately doesn't have a ghetto (which is impressive considering alot of Richardson is older areas).

The only bad areas of Richardson aren't even Richardson proper, it's technically Dallas city limits right on the shared border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: