Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 07:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times

Advertisements

I have a couple.

$100 apiece. Firm.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:33 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Panic is an emotion, preparation is a plan. Huge difference. Prepare and take precautions especially based upon your other risk factors like auto immune issues and meds to manage it.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:42 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
You don't actually know this.

There are tons of unknowns about this virus. There is a vaccine for the flu but not for the coronavirus. I am not personally scared, and I don't think most people need to be worried about this. But the whole "This is less dangerous than the flu" is nonsense. Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't. When dealing with pandemics, it is the possibility for growth that is both unknown and dangerous.

I'm not in the "Sky is falling" camp, and I'm certainly not buying masks. But I do think there are a lot of lay people who are making comparisons that the CDC wouldn't agree with.
Thanks you.

Just as stupid as the "Sky is Falling" armchair pandemic experts (as of like last week) claiming without any qualification what so ever that the flu is more dangerous.....we just don't know that at this point.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:45 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
The best documentary about COVID-19 is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eup3_i_5uaw&t=97s

By the way Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) wont help that much, but there are three drugs that do show to all but stop the virus dead in its tracks:

Chloroquine - an anti malaria drug
Ritonavir - a drug used to treat HIV
Remdesivir - a drug used to treat Ebola

A healthy person wearing a mask is a placebo. It makes them feel better but does almost nothing. Masks can help stop the spread of it if SICK people wear it. Wearing them as a healthy person is next to meaningless.

Something else that will help stop the spread of the virus: summer time. As humidity rises (where it does in the northern hemisphere most place in summer), its much harder to spread viruses.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:33 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Realistically, a mask isn't going to make a meaningful difference.

My favorite was the lady on the plane this morning wearing the mask over her mouth, with her nose uncovered.
True, in fact the masks are only effective in keeping people with a virus from passing it on into the air where others can catch it. There are too many leaks to protect the wearer from picking up a virus that's airborne.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:48 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenusa17 View Post
Where can you get N95 masks for coronavirus protection

we are 100% healthy and dont have issues but wanna protect.

Million thanks

I bought a couple a month ago, wear them for yard work. Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time and energy looking for one now. Everyone is out. If it gets that bad, stay home and order groceries and stuff online.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:47 PM

104 posts, read 90,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I bought a couple a month ago, wear them for yard work. Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time and energy looking for one now. Everyone is out. If it gets that bad, stay home and order groceries and stuff online.
But what if the person who delivers the groceries and stuff has coronavirus? Lols. I kid, I kid.

I didn't see it coming but it can def. spread in the US with what we are seeing occurring in other countries now. We can drown out the media hype and just look at the data. We need another 15 days to see if it will contain or not.

I also believe Bill Gates more than most, as he has been keeping an eye out for pandemics for a while now. If he's concerned, I'm concerned.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:48 PM

104 posts, read 90,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Realistically, a mask isn't going to make a meaningful difference.

My favorite was the lady on the plane this morning wearing the mask over her mouth, with her nose uncovered.
My favorite is the picture of 2 dogs wearing masks. Yes, we all love our dogs but seriously? lol

Old 02-28-2020, 12:59 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yeah I was just at the pharmacy picking up medications. A lady walked by and asked the pharmacist if they had any masks, she was told that this pharmacy has been out for over 2 months.

Old 02-28-2020, 03:03 PM

227 posts, read 222,922 times
Your best bet is ebay. all the local stores and amazon have been out for a month or so...Home depot and Lowes are also out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas