Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 06:28 AM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Most people don’t check who built their old home when they bought it. In some cases, I’ve heard inspectors and realtors work together to sell an old property. Allot of inspectors just check the general overall integrity of the home but can’t check detailed things like whats inside the walls or whats coming up underneath the home. When was it ever good to buy used anything? Unless you’re collecting antiques. Used homes deteriorate faster with course of time. So many things go against buying a used home like the what if factor, appliances are old, its someone else's home you’re living in, home is most likely out of style, no warranty, you’re in for surprises. Buying a used home is like marrying a prostitute.
This has to be, hands down, one of the most mind-numbing posts I’ve ever read.

Even the people that are selling new homes today will tell you that the construction quality of new builds is inferior due to a number of factors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 07:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Oh yeah, never said you shouldn't find a good builder for your new constructions. But older homes there are way too many variables for a normal buyer to rule out.
I feel sorry for anyone who buys a house you're selling.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:43 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Yep, in just two years Frisco has declined from the land of milk and honey to a horrible wasteland.
Ba ha ha ha!

In all seriousness, op, a lot of people are miffed at how unexpectedly expensive it is to live here.

Old 03-03-2020, 08:17 AM

445 posts, read 413,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
ABSOLUTELY! Here is where you and I differ in opinions. Apparently you feel that someone that doesn't have decades worth of building experience is to stupid to determine if an issue exists in their new build as it is being built. I on the other hand hold the extreme opposite opinion. I feel that people are capable of so much more than even they may realize and the only way to find out is to try!

Over the years I have had clients, with no building background, contact me to discuss issues they find between inspections and in most all cases they were right on the money! One of my most memorable has been very recently a client WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BUILDING BACKGROUND became so involved with their build process they identified so many issues before I even hit the site for an inspection. That client will know their house inside and out and will better understand when issues arise after they move in, if the issues even arise since they watched it like a hawk!

Building is not a rocket science no matter what anyone wants to try claiming and people become amazingly adept if they become involved and just try!

Then that client of yours should not have any difficulty with the upkeep of an used home either. I am not trying to pick a fight with you. My point is that the people who can't turn off a water main when a pipe leaks, are not equipped to identify builders cutting corners during construction either.

Old 03-03-2020, 08:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ba ha ha ha!

In all seriousness, op, a lot of people are miffed at how unexpectedly expensive it is to live here.
I'm miffed too!

Old 03-03-2020, 12:19 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,029 times
As a Frisco resident, I’ve got to say that it’s a great place to live, but it might not be the best option for everyone. The schools aren’t the highest ranked (not that you should be so reliant on them) nor is Frisco the most exclusive or highest end town.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:42 PM

56 posts, read 61,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
As a Frisco resident, I’ve got to say that it’s a great place to live, but it might not be the best option for everyone. The schools aren’t the highest ranked (not that you should be so reliant on them) nor is Frisco the most exclusive or highest end town.
Sounds like you live in reality, but there are MANY Frisco residents who believe they, as you put in, live in "the most exclusive or highest end town."

Old 03-03-2020, 02:51 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Exactly. We picked this area because it was in between our two jobs and had good schools. I could easily see myself living in Plano, Flower Mound, Richardson, or similar cities if it made sense based on our commutes. There are so many people that live here and commute to downtown Dallas everyday. You couldn't pay me enough to do that and I don't understand that perspective at all, but each to their own.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:48 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
As noted above, y'all are busy getting wrapped around the axle about "old houses" in Frisco, for crying out loud. I will say it again: THERE ARE NO OLD HOUSES IN FRISCO. (At least, not the type out of towners would be interested in. There are probably one or two tiny little subdivisions built in the 1950s, with two bedroom frame houses.) What you people are arguing about is 10 year old tract houses versus 0 year old tract houses, all built to the same standards (effectively) by the same people.
We are responding to the OP's preference (post #10) for new construction, which is why he or she is looking in Frisco rather than Coppell, Flower Mound and Grapevine.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:54 PM

61 posts, read 84,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear63 View Post
Yes, it's called "The Villas at Mustang Park"; it's on Remington Drive, just off of Kinwest Parkway, near MacArthur & 635.

Here's a pin to the entrance to the gated community
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.9167...7i16384!8i8192

Thanks ... appreciate the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: