Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 07:14 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,239,359 times

Advertisements

By all means, LeavingMA, go out and take your chances.

I hadn't posted this in this forum because it took months to actually get it confirmed and I got the results Friday, I have C19 antibodies.

I got sick around March 10. For a couple weeks, I was sicker than I'd ever been. Had all the symptoms of C19, which then became a secondary infection (pneumonia) that was deep in my chest/lungs. Got on antibiotics, and it took THREE courses to kill it. It's still possible it may come back, I've only been off antibiotics for a few days now. I still don't have full respiratory function back, though whether that is from C19 or pneumonia, I do not know.

I'm 42. 5'10, 170, and in very good shape compared to the rest of the population. No pre-existing conditions, not on any meds for anything, not even for something as minor as allergies. Did regular cardio and weight lifting before I got sick.

This virus has the ability to take out anyone, and if you think you're immune or that you're guaranteed to survive it, think again.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:04 AM

957 posts, read 538,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Correct, there have been but the percentages so far have been extremely low. Overall this virus for kids and the vast majority under 70 hasn't been much of an issue.
I bet Typhoid Mary said the same thing, as she wandered around town helping everyone!

Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 AM

957 posts, read 538,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post

I hadn't posted this in this forum because it took months to actually get it confirmed and I got the results Friday, I have C19 antibodies.

I got sick around March 10. For a couple weeks, I was sicker than I'd ever been. Had all the symptoms of C19, which then became a secondary infection (pneumonia) that was deep in my chest/lungs. Got on antibiotics, and it took THREE courses to kill it. It's still possible it may come back, I've only been off antibiotics for a few days now. I still don't have full respiratory function back, though whether that is from C19 or pneumonia, I do not know.

I'm 42. 5'10, 170, and in very good shape compared to the rest of the population. No pre-existing conditions, not on any meds for anything, not even for something as minor as allergies. Did regular cardio and weight lifting before I got sick.

This virus has the ability to take out anyone, and if you think you're immune or that you're guaranteed to survive it, think again.
Im so sorry you got sick!! But I am so very happy to hear that you are on the mend!!
Last summer I came down with some kind of respiratory illness (I have asthma) ... it lasted about 3 months - coughing and fever and ... oh man I was miserable... I wasnt only using my preventative inhaler AND my rescue inhaler, a couple times a day, but I also had my nebulizer with ipatropium added to the albuterol PLUS antibiotics and prednisone! I thought I was dying. The first day I could actually breathe without sitting forward, I was happier than Id been in awhile.
The Covid virus is supposedly worse than that.
Its scary!!

Kacey

Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:

I’m sorry that you got it and hope you feel 100% yourself again soon. Your experiment is very similar to our friend who had COVID-19, 43 and and avid tennis player and very active mom. Took her down totally for about 20 days (but not hospitalized) and almost 2 months later, still not 100%.

Do you know if testing positive for antibodies will include you in your city/county’s positive virus case count? Just curious.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyellis View Post
Im so sorry you got sick!! But I am so very happy to hear that you are on the mend!!

Kacey

Thank you, I appreciate it. It was definitely a new experience for me, as I'm used to being in very good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I’m sorry that you got it and hope you feel 100% yourself again soon. Your experiment is very similar to our friend who had COVID-19, 43 and and avid tennis player and very active mom. Took her down totally for about 20 days (but not hospitalized) and almost 2 months later, still not 100%.

Do you know if testing positive for antibodies will include you in your city/county’s positive virus case count? Just curious.

Thank you. I had two nights where I said to myself if it got any worse, I'd have to go to the hospital. On those days, it was a struggle just to make it up the stairs, I got winded that easily. About the only thing I did for a week or so was go from the bed to the bathroom and back.

I'm not sure whether it gets reported or not, I had it done at Community Med Care in Prosper, and just paid cash. I had to sign several standard forms for who they can report results to, but I don't remember seeing anything in particular about whether they would report to the county/state or not. I am assuming they would report it, as that information can only be helpful in tracking the spread or calculating death rates.

Old 05-03-2020, 01:28 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Quote:

Sorry to hear that you went through this man. Glad you got through it.
Turns out my younger brother out in California also had a suspected case of covid 19 back in March. He's 30, in excellent shape. Got deathly sick, but was turned away for covid 19 testing since he hadnt been to China blah blah blah. He was told to go home and self isolate. He said it was the roughest period he's experienced in a long time. He decided not to tell me and other family members as he didnt want to alarm anyone. But he feels pretty sure that he had it, but no way to test to know for sure.

Old 05-03-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Sorry to hear that you went through this man. Glad you got through it.
Turns out my younger brother out in California also had a suspected case of covid 19 back in March. He's 30, in excellent shape. Got deathly sick, but was turned away for covid 19 testing since he hadnt been to China blah blah blah. He was told to go home and self isolate. He said it was the roughest period he's experienced in a long time. He decided not to tell me and other family members as he didnt want to alarm anyone. But he feels pretty sure that he had it, but no way to test to know for sure.

Yes, I tried to get tested several times, didn't qualify.

The antibody test is more widely available now if he wants to confirm his suspicions.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:44 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,015 times
Everything is opening up in May - how is your behavior going to change? Reading online news shows pple are getting out for the sake of getting out (which I understand). Personally staying in

Old 05-03-2020, 04:16 PM

451 posts, read 320,315 times
Last 7 days daily death numbers in Texas (https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...e8b9cafc8b83):
4/26 - 15
4/27 - 27
4/28 - 42
4/29 - 50
4/30 - 34
5/1 - 31
5/2 - 20
----------
7 day average - 31.28

Old 05-03-2020, 05:57 PM

451 posts, read 320,315 times
Coronavirus and Diet

5 mood boosting foods to add to our diets
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/5-mo...191911898.html

15 foods that boost the immune system
https://www.healthline.com/health/fo...#citrus-fruits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas