Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 08:13 AM

451 posts, read 319,783 times

Advertisements

I am perplexed by how confident we are that this increase of cases is due to re-oepning of businesses. I guess, it is politically convenient. Please remember that were protests as well as memorial day gatherings. The case in Dallas where 18 people got infected was due to a birthday party. There could be many such cases. Anyways, we will wait and see how this all turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanz7887 View Post
agree with this. I mean if they wanted to be the model for the nation then could have stopped at 25 or 50% and then waited. u dont rush through an unknown pandemic like this. The virus would die in shame as to what Abbott did

Old 06-26-2020, 08:22 AM

Is it possible that the hosiptalization increase in FL, TX, AZ is due to this backed up cases where non-covid patients were not going to hospitals for almost 3 months?

Also, I was looking at the hospitalization data for Dallas county. It is interesting to see that although the outpatient covid-19 cases have increased in June, the hospitalized covid-19 cases have decreased in June . So, honestly, I really do not understand all this panic.

See attached image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
In Florida, they banned elective surgeries in March. It's been a terrible situation for Cancer patients. I saw a story, where woman was not allowed to get life saving cancer surgery. She went from stage 1 to stage 4 cancer. It spread to her bones, including her spine and ribs. Cancer patients are being sent to a slow death.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/25/woman...ovid-lockdown/
Attached Thumbnails
Coronavirus in DFW - News & Discussion-capture.png   Coronavirus in DFW - News & Discussion-capture2.png  

Last edited by CDContribuitor; 06-26-2020 at 09:18 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 08:27 AM

I applaud your intelligence and brilliance. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
You would think anyone with half a functioning brain cell would have realized what you wrote. Since you cannot ban people from travelling from infected areas to non infected areas then everyone should use masks to prevent the spread. This is not something that we should be having long debates about, but here we are.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:29 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,083,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
100 people are masked in Dallas county. 10 people from Collin county travel to Dallas county. All 110 people wears masks because of Dallas county-wide mandate.

25 out of 50 people are masked in Collin county since there is no county-wide mandate. 5 people from Dallas travel to Collin county. 27 people out of 55 wears masks.

It is a not a perfect solution. It minimizes risk for spread at the same time allows for freedom to choose.

Although it is safe for everybody to wear a mask, taking a less contentious route will possibly achieve almost the same result. Having everybody in a rural area wear a mask where there is 0 case, is not required. So, a state-wide mandate, although safest, is not a must.

Again, it is just an opinion.
It takes one individual with COVID-19 to start an outbreak.

Perfect solutions don't exist, and have never been the goal. The goal is to enact solutions that will stop the virus from SPREADING.

It seems Abbots goal is to find a way to defer that responsibility in order to pander to a misguided minority during an election year.

I don't know why this bears repeating... but a 'free country' is a metaphor. One does not have the right/freedom to do whatever they want in civil society. Halfway sensible adults know that.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:37 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,083,527 times
Quote:
Is it possible that the hosiptalization increase in FL, TX, AZ is due to this backed up cases where non-covid patients were not going to hospitals for almost 3 months?

Also, I was looking at the hospitalization data for Dallas county. It is interesting to see that although the outpatient covid-19 cases have increased in June, the hospitalized covid-19 cases have decreased in June (Can anybody advise how do I copy/paste an image here, so that I can show what I am talking about here?). So, honestly, I really do not understand all this panic.
Why is it so important to you that this is all panic and nonsense? Clearly this isn't coming from anywhere logical so what is your angle? Are you a business owner trying to stay afloat and need the customers? Will people wearing masks hinder you somehow? You have a home to sell... what is it? Clearly something else is driving your viewpoint.

Post your specific issue/situation and CD posters will probably do a good job of brainstorming solutions for you.

(As for your question on hospitalization, a quick search on google will get you all the answers you need re: hospitalization data and how those are arrived at.)

Old 06-26-2020, 08:39 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,533,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
It takes one individual with COVID-19 to start an outbreak.

Perfect solutions don't exist, and have never been the goal. The goal is to enact solutions that will stop the virus from SPREADING.

It seems Abbots goal is to find a way to defer that responsibility in order to pander to a misguided minority during an election year.

I don't know why this bears repeating... but a 'free country' is a metaphor. One does not have the right/freedom to do whatever they want in civil society. Halfway sensible adults know that.
One more time for the people in the back!

The misguided "leadership" of my town put out a statement that there would be no enforcement of the Tarrant Co mask mandate in our city limits. So, avoid Colleyville if you want to stay safe!

Old 06-26-2020, 09:04 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
I am perplexed by how confident we are that this increase of cases is due to re-oepning of businesses. I guess, it is politically convenient. Please remember that were protests as well as memorial day gatherings. The case in Dallas where 18 people got infected was due to a birthday party. There could be many such cases. Anyways, we will wait and see how this all turns out.
There were a few thousand protesters, max, in most cities. There are millions of people now going out to stores, restaurants, etc. You can blame it on politics all you want, but your political biases have regularly prevented you from seeing the truth in this thread.

Greg Abbott's moves were not "measured," Texas opened at the peak, Trump's general dismissive attitude toward the virus was way out of line, and the projections made by Fauci and company were spot-on. Those are facts. If Greg Abbott is serious about containing this virus, he will put aside his dumb libertarian leanings and enforce a statewide mask policy.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:04 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
One more time for the people in the back!

The misguided "leadership" of my town put out a statement that there would be no enforcement of the Tarrant Co mask mandate in our city limits. So, avoid Colleyville if you want to stay safe!
It's really been eye opening to see how many people in this country are walking around thinking that they are bullet proof or something. From the president on down. And this is not even a political or racial thing anymore. I've personally witnessed people of all ages, races, genders completely blow off this thing and ignore all health guidelines saying crap like it really is "just the flu", and "it wont affect me"...and my personal favorite "it's more important for me to live my life going to bars/clubs etc than to help do my part to beat this fake news virus".

Old 06-26-2020, 09:05 AM

Edited my original post with a picture. Please review the data and provide your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
Why is it so important to you that this is all panic and nonsense? Clearly this isn't coming from anywhere logical so what is your angle? Are you a business owner trying to stay afloat and need the customers? Will people wearing masks hinder you somehow? You have a home to sell... what is it? Clearly something else is driving your viewpoint.

Post your specific issue/situation and CD posters will probably do a good job of brainstorming solutions for you.

(As for your question on hospitalization, a quick search on google will get you all the answers you need re: hospitalization data and how those are arrived at.)

Old 06-26-2020, 09:09 AM

I do not have a political bias. I am an independent. I have voted for Democratic candidates more than Republicans and I did not vote for the current President, if that is what you are getting at. I did vote for Gov. Abbott.

I do see data more minutely than most and make my own opinions, rather than align myself with the crowd.

Since you are a data guy, I request you to review the image with the hospitalization and death numbers for Dallas county that I posted within the post a few posts above, and provide your perspective. I sincerely want to hear it. I maintain my premise that the focus on daily new positive cases by the media/general public or for making day-to-day decisions is misguided. You have 200 hospitalizations on a weekly basis for around 10000 positive cases in Dallas county. The data for positive new daily cases is required for health experts at the local level and federal level for macro level decision making and long term data analysis. Having the new case numbers for the general public is creating all this panic. I rest my case. You all carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
There were a few thousand protesters, max, in most cities. There are millions of people now going out to stores, restaurants, etc. You can blame it on politics all you want, but your political biases have regularly prevented you from seeing the truth in this thread.

Greg Abbott's moves were not "measured," Texas opened at the peak, Trump's general dismissive attitude toward the virus was way out of line, and the projections made by Fauci and company were spot-on. Those are facts. If Greg Abbott is serious about containing this virus, he will put aside his dumb libertarian leanings and enforce a statewide mask policy.

Last edited by CDContribuitor; 06-26-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas