Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 04:02 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times

Advertisements

Country music artist Charley Pride passed away from COVID-19 complications at 86.
https://charleypride.com/country-mus...ies-at-age-86/

Old 12-20-2020, 10:09 PM

26 posts, read 60,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Wearing masks does help. The data is VERY clear on that. Its not enough to eliminate the pandemic but it sure as hell reduces risks.
I wish the data was clear on that, but it's not.

Perhaps a clean surgical mask worn properly works, but we all know that's not what is happening. It's dirty old surgical masks and crummy cloth ones. You're taking a germ sponge and putting next to your mucous membranes. It's ineffective at best and counterproductive at worst.

Even places with high compliance, cases still go way up after mask mandates are in place.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:41 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagestrat08 View Post
I wish the data was clear on that, but it's not.

Perhaps a clean surgical mask worn properly works, but we all know that's not what is happening. It's dirty old surgical masks and crummy cloth ones. You're taking a germ sponge and putting next to your mucous membranes. It's ineffective at best and counterproductive at worst.

Even places with high compliance, cases still go way up after mask mandates are in place.

So...a good mask properly worn works.

I can't do anything about people who don't do it right. But I can do it right, and thus masking will work for me.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:51 AM

578 posts, read 478,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So...a good mask properly worn works.

I can't do anything about people who don't do it right. But I can do it right, and thus masking will work for me.
Or did you?

"A good mask properly worn" = Changing mask every other hour.

"Face masks significantly decreased bacterial dispersal initially but became almost ineffective after two hours of use." [1]

1. Kelkar, et al. Efficiency of Face Mask – an Analysis. International Journal of Infection Control. doi: 10.3396/ijic.v9i1.003.13

Old 12-21-2020, 05:15 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
Or did you?

"A good mask properly worn" = Changing mask every other hour.

"Face masks significantly decreased bacterial dispersal initially but became almost ineffective after two hours of use." [1]

1. Kelkar, et al. Efficiency of Face Mask – an Analysis. International Journal of Infection Control. doi: 10.3396/ijic.v9i1.003.13

A. That statement is made with regard to people who are working in known covid environments--that's how the tests were performed. Most people practicing people social distancing and avoiding gatherings will seldom even come into contact with covid infection.

B. As a practical matter, it's been proven empirically untrue, as there have been millions of healthcare staff working in covid environments who have not been able to change masks every 120 minutes for months who have not been infected.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:04 AM

26 posts, read 34,180 times
I'm convinced the pro-maskers have started a new religious cult. No amount of data can convince them their mask doesn't ward off the evil COVID...Mask mandates all over the country, including right here in Dallas TX (I can't remember the last time I saw someone indoors without a mask on), and yet the virus continues spreading and will eventually burn out on its own as a virus will...

Old 12-21-2020, 09:18 AM

104 posts, read 61,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyBuyBuy? View Post
I'm convinced the pro-maskers have started a new religious cult. No amount of data can convince them their mask doesn't ward off the evil COVID...Mask mandates all over the country, including right here in Dallas TX (I can't remember the last time I saw someone indoors without a mask on), and yet the virus continues spreading and will eventually burn out on its own as a virus will...
I agreed with you I still not understand for figure out how can more peoples wearing mask than few months back and cases still go up and yet the virus continues spreading.

Old 12-21-2020, 10:01 AM

26 posts, read 60,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A. That statement is made with regard to people who are working in known covid environments
That's everywhere right? Otherwise, why are masks mandated? Don't tell me it's for asymptomatic spread. As that has been empirically proven to not occur.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:14 PM

149 posts, read 146,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
I agreed with you I still not understand for figure out how can more peoples wearing mask than few months back and cases still go up and yet the virus continues spreading.
Did you happen to be inside Northpark on Saturday ?

Old 12-22-2020, 07:44 AM

104 posts, read 61,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkroyal2223 View Post
Did you happen to be inside Northpark on Saturday ?
No I haven't been in the malls ever since the pandemic I lived in North Garland area people wearing mask every where occasionally I spot one none-mask wearing other than that very solid in my area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas