Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 10:23 AM

104 posts, read 60,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
My moms hospital is starting to fill back up with Covid patients (North Dallas area). She had a few interesting notes on this wave
- Getting alot of people in the 20-40 age range
- Since 90% of seniors have at least one dose there's a fraction as many in the hospital as last Winter
- The 65% of people that have been vaccinated make up only 3% of the hospitilizations and half a percent of the deaths.
- Says this variant isn't as strong. Getting alot of people that are very sick but not quite bad enough for the vent
Just received this email from Baylor Scott & White Health.

* The Delta variant is highly contagious, even more so than previous strains.

* The symptoms look different and do not include cough or loss of taste and smell. The Delta variant first appears similar to a common cold or allergies but can lead to severe illness and hospitalization if you are not vaccinated.

* The vaccine is still highly effective against this variant at preventing severe illness and hospitalization.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:11 AM

573 posts, read 327,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
Sick people do not have a right to infect other people, but I'm not sure you are entitled to demand a presumably healthy person to go extra miles just to make you feel relieved. It's like saying everyone should be locked in jail because people do not have a right to harm other people.

What's your opinions on AIDS patients by the way? They are confirmed to be infectious. Should they be registered in a public database and locked somewhere for public safety? In 2009 Obama Lifts a 22-year ban on entry into U.S. by H.I.V.-positive people. You like it?
Uh-huh. Where do you get your medical facts from? Magic Johnson must have given practically every NBA player AIDS when he played without a mask! the horror!

Old 08-10-2021, 12:02 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,381,118 times
Got a front row seat to how real this is
It’s 11:52 pm and I’m sitting in an urgent care facility. I had to rush my wife there as she was complaining about being out of breath, even when sitting in bed. Turns out she has blood clots in her lungs. The urgent care center then contacted almost all the major hospitals around; UTSW, Parkland, Methodist Dallas, Medical City…even the satellite hospitals in Collin county, and they all said they are completely full due to COVID patients. We finally got one but it’s going to be several hours before a bed is free, and the ro is on a floor being shared with COVID patients. Even in this urgent care center here in Collin county, several rooms are COVID patients.

This is not a liberal hoax it’s real. With school opening up in a few days, it strikes me as gross incompetence for the texas governor to keep pandering to his base like this and refuse to allow masks in schools. Just a complete lowlight. I just hope e everything works out but I’m not confident at all.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:13 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,091,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
It’s 11:52 pm and I’m sitting in an urgent care facility. I had to rush my wife there as she was complaining about being out of breath, even when sitting in bed. Turns out she has blood clots in her lungs. The urgent care center then contacted almost all the major hospitals around; UTSW, Parkland, Methodist Dallas, Medical City…even the satellite hospitals in Collin county, and they all said they are completely full due to COVID patients. We finally got one but it’s going to be several hours before a bed is free, and the ro is on a floor being shared with COVID patients. Even in this urgent care center here in Collin county, several rooms are COVID patients.

This is not a liberal hoax it’s real. With school opening up in a few days, it strikes me as gross incompetence for the texas governor to keep pandering to his base like this and refuse to allow masks in schools. Just a complete lowlight. I just hope e everything works out but I’m not confident at all.
Oh my gosh, sending a prayer & good wishes to your wife for a full recovery. I’m not surprised CoCo ER’s are all full too considering I saw a mile+ long line going up to a testing center in Frisco today.

Are the blood clots from Covid or another issue? (You certainly don’t have to answer that).

Old 08-10-2021, 04:27 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
He is NOT refusing to allow masks in schools. Feel free for yourself and your kids to wear them.

He's refusing to dictate that everyone must wear masks. Knowing that parents know whats best for their children.

Feel free to mask away your kids in schools.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:05 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,923,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
My comment still stands. The problem is when regular people question nothing and believe everything that the “scientists” say. They’ve been wrong the entire time. What gives them any credibility? They also covered up the fact that this virus was manmade in a lab. That was another thing that the propagandist media tried to discredit.

NYC is a precursor to what the left is trying to do nationally. That’s the point.
The scientists haven't been wrong the entire time. There have been plenty of scientists who have told the truth about what's going on. Some of these scientists/doctors worked for Pfizer, the FDA, J&J, etc. They were just all censored because they didn't go with the narrative. At this point I've given up on showing some people the light. Because a certain scientists/doctor is not on their favorite news channel, despite the fact they may be a Nobel Peace prize winner, they still won't believe it because "hey then they'd be on CNN or Fox!".

It's sad. I was called a conspiracy theorists all year for saying covid came from the wuhan lab. A year later most people are on board with that being true. If you believed that last year (it came from a wuhan lab), then my best suggestion to you is not to listen to people who have been consistently wrong and keep moving the goalposts based on the headline for the day.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:22 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,474,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
Just received this email from Baylor Scott & White Health.

* The Delta variant is highly contagious, even more so than previous strains.

* The symptoms look different and do not include cough or loss of taste and smell. The Delta variant first appears similar to a common cold or allergies but can lead to severe illness and hospitalization if you are not vaccinated.

* The vaccine is still highly effective against this variant at preventing severe illness and hospitalization.
I would say they are late to the party with that info
But better late than never

Old 08-10-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He is NOT refusing to allow masks in schools. Feel free for yourself and your kids to wear them.

He's refusing to dictate that everyone must wear masks. Knowing that parents know whats best for their children.

Feel free to mask away your kids in schools.
Making masks optional makes them irrelevant
And frankly parents are often the last ones to know what is best for their children
As a teacher and a parent Imhave seen parents make many mistakes in what they choose for their children

Old 08-10-2021, 07:27 AM

169 posts, read 101,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Making masks optional makes them irrelevant
And frankly parents are often the last ones to know what is best for their children
As a teacher and a parent Imhave seen parents make many mistakes in what they choose for their children
LOL if you think masks at schools are worth anything. You apparently haven't ever actually seen how kids wear their masks (how that is possible as a teacher is beyond me) and what they do with their masks at schools. If you actually tested what was on kids masks at the end of a day or a couple of days it likely would match what is on the bottom of their shoes. This doesn't even take into account that most of the masks worn by kids are worthless when even worn correctly.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:

So is this a side effect of your wife’s CoVid or is it for different reason?
Very scary
Hoping she is ok and responds to treatment quickly…
Dealing with blood clots often takes time and can’t be rushed…so is as frustrating as scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas