Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2021, 12:46 PM

5,683 posts, read 4,091,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Doesn't matter as they most likely won't say your a case. Unlike other countries which aren't as apples to oranges about this matter. Here, the CDC doesn't want to call anyone vaccinated a case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Nobody wants to hear this, but going to be more and more variants...especially as places vaccinate more and more.

But even besides that is the testing is a complete joke. It does not tell you anything other than it picked up virus particles. That is why people test positive and are completely fine with zero symptoms...but hey lets scare everyone and say it is a new variant.

Such a scam we can keep this going forever and then push more booster shots for the vaccine companies. Simple...follow the money and the government control now.
Does your tin foil hat provide more or less protection than the vaccines? I guess that's the real question...

Old 08-30-2021, 12:22 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,840,861 times
So Dr Fauci and the CDC is now talking a Booster shot after 5 months.

Would you be willing to take a Booster shot 2 times a year for many years?

Or would you risk getting Covid and building natural immunities along with the shots you currently have gotten.

Old 08-30-2021, 12:35 PM

115 posts, read 62,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Or would you risk getting Covid and building natural immunities along with the shots you currently have gotten.
I'll be getting the next booster shot. I'm far less enthusiastic about it this time around, and if there is another booster shot needed next year, I'm unsure how I'd feel about getting that one.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,496,953 times
Quote:

I think it depends on each person’s situation
Do you get your teeth cleaned more than once a year?
Dental plaque is not thought to be factor in heart disease
Cleaning your teeth and getting rid of plaque more frequently would cut down on an Individual’s risk

This virus is mutation rapidly…the variant from South Africa shows it mutates at faster rate than Delta
The need to reduce ALL cases of active infection heightens the need to be more proactive
GETTING the disease doesn’t prevent you from getting a mutated strand
That is how people can get the flu more than once or a cold…

Old 08-30-2021, 03:33 PM

8,196 posts, read 5,317,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

The need to reduce ALL cases of active infection heightens the need to be more proactive
Its literally never going to happen.

1) There is always going to be a large number of people who refuse vaccination.
2) It means a vaccine roll out that is worldwide and done in coordination.
3) People in third world countries are even more hesitant to get the vaccine than Cletus and Jim Bob of the MAGA tribe.

Its here to stay. It wont slow down its just going to be. Once the vaccine is approved for children, life must go on full speed. Human contact is a necessity for our species despite the fact that many public health experts like to treat us like robots.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:38 PM

200 posts, read 546,005 times
Quote:

There are two risks to be considered. One is the risk of getting COVID and die, which in my opinion is not high for people who are relatively healthy especially with two shots of vaccine.
The other risk is death due to the known rare side effect of myocarditis after taking COVID vaccine shots.
It's hard to say which risk is higher as both are relatively low.
So personally I would stick with the two shots and wait and see until at least one year.
Everyone has their favorite doctor and the doctor I listen to strongly disagrees with the idea of needing a booster shot after only 5 months.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:45 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Oh that I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing or hearing Fauci again. I stopped listening to him a long time ago, and started following experts who aren't swayed by politics, pharma, or optics. I like Eric Topol, Monica Gandhi, Zubain Dumania, Vinay Prasad, and Marty Makary. I'm to the point if I read or hear something attributed to Fauci, I check it against what one of these doctors says. Both our previous and current administration's response to Covid along with the CDC has undermined trust in the healthcare system that will take years to build back.

Old 08-30-2021, 04:00 PM

8,196 posts, read 5,317,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Oh that I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing or hearing Fauci again. I stopped listening to him a long time ago, and started following experts who aren't swayed by politics, pharma, or optics. I like Eric Topol, Monica Gandhi, Zubain Dumania, Vinay Prasad, and Marty Makary. I'm to the point if I read or hear something attributed to Fauci, I check it against what one of these doctors says. Both our previous and current administration's response to Covid along with the CDC has undermined trust in the healthcare system that will take years to build back.
I respect Anthony Fauci. Nobody remembers but he was one of the leading minds that stopped the AIDS epidemic. I also think he does the best he can given the circumstances. Though hes been wrong a few times, he has a very unforgiving job. He is constantly thrust into the middle of everything and gets asked questions no one can answer.

That said I follow Monica Gandhi, Scott Gotleib, and Ashish Jha much more so. They do a better job of recognizing the social needs of humans.

Old 08-30-2021, 06:59 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I respect Anthony Fauci. Nobody remembers but he was one of the leading minds that stopped the AIDS epidemic. I also think he does the best he can given the circumstances. Though hes been wrong a few times, he has a very unforgiving job. He is constantly thrust into the middle of everything and gets asked questions no one can answer.

That said I follow Monica Gandhi, Scott Gotleib, and Ashish Jha much more so. They do a better job of recognizing the social needs of humans.
I don't disrespect Fauci and I think he has done many good things in his career. But his continued presence is not not building trust anymore.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:26 PM

573 posts, read 327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
I don't disrespect Fauci and I think he has done many good things in his career. But his continued presence is not not building trust anymore.
Fauci doesn't solely make the CDC decisions or policy. It's committees of which is part of. He is their main public spokesperson though. It's easy to tell when he's giving his opinion vs. relaying CDC guidance when he speaks.

It's a shame that some people hate Fauci so much they spread misinformation about the 5 month booster news (that was Biden, not Fauci). (Also Im not saying you, 4M, are spreading misinfo, others are)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas