Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 07:56 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
Fauci doesn't solely make the CDC decisions or policy. It's committees of which is part of. He is their main public spokesperson though. It's easy to tell when he's giving his opinion vs. relaying CDC guidance when he speaks.
I don't think the government's ever going to regain credibility without firing Fauci. Or at least find another spokesperson. That man has way too much baggage and has got to go. But in typical Federal Government fashion, he'll continue being the public spokesperson even though he's the worst possible person for them to pick.

Quote:
It's a shame that some people hate Fauci so much they spread misinformation about the 5 month booster news (that was Biden, not Fauci). (Also Im not saying you, 4M, are spreading misinfo, others are)
I'll never forgive him for lying about masks at the beginning, regardless of the reason, and proclaiming himself to be science essentially. He's also got a few skeletons in the closet RE: gain of function research and his alleged ties to the Wuhan lab etc. As a private practice doctor, no one would care, but in his position, he doesn't get to have skeletons. I disregard everything he says anyway and forever will but he should have come clean about the lies and mistakes.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:25 PM

573 posts, read 335,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I don't think the government's ever going to regain credibility without firing Fauci. Or at least find another spokesperson. That man has way too much baggage and has got to go. But in typical Federal Government fashion, he'll continue being the public spokesperson even though he's the worst possible person for them to pick.

I'll never forgive him for lying about masks at the beginning, regardless of the reason, and proclaiming himself to be science essentially. He's also got a few skeletons in the closet RE: gain of function research and his alleged ties to the Wuhan lab etc. As a private practice doctor, no one would care, but in his position, he doesn't get to have skeletons. I disregard everything he says anyway and forever will but he should have come clean about the lies and mistakes.
Oh hi Rand. How's the ivermectin research going?

Old 08-31-2021, 07:00 AM

104 posts, read 61,752 times
Quote:
Oh hi Rand. How's the ivermectin research going?
https://aapsonline.org/covid-19-dise...n-mexico-city/

Old 08-31-2021, 08:05 AM

573 posts, read 335,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
Try harder than quoting an organization that Rand and Ron are members of and is anti-vaccine, racist, homophobic and anti-LBGTQ, anti-abortion (and believes abortion causes breast cancer), and anti-HIPAA, among others wack job beliefs.

Did you know that AAPS believes that the WTC collapsed on 9/11 because they didn't use asbestos? When did physician want to use asbestos?

Old 08-31-2021, 01:22 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So Dr Fauci and the CDC is now talking a Booster shot after 5 months.

Would you be willing to take a Booster shot 2 times a year for many years?

Or would you risk getting Covid and building natural immunities along with the shots you currently have gotten.
I think you are misunderstanding how immunity works. If a vaccine loses its effectiveness due to variants, immunity gained from infection will also diminish with variants.

Take the flu as an example. Getting the flu this year doesn't necessarily confer protection from the flu two years from now. It is not a coincidence that a flu shot today also doesn't confer protection two years from now. The same biological mechanisms are responsible for both phenomena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Oh that I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing or hearing Fauci again. I stopped listening to him a long time ago, and started following experts who aren't swayed by politics, pharma, or optics. I like Eric Topol, Monica Gandhi, Zubain Dumania, Vinay Prasad, and Marty Makary. I'm to the point if I read or hear something attributed to Fauci, I check it against what one of these doctors says. Both our previous and current administration's response to Covid along with the CDC has undermined trust in the healthcare system that will take years to build back.
Fauci has been very informative in this entire process. It is the politicians, political media and millions of dumb*sses in this country who are to blame for the undermined trust. The previous President blatantly disagreed with Fauci, based on zero information, and was repeatedly shown to be wrong. Yet those same people who would name their firstborn after the previous President don't seem to care about the fact that he said this would all be over by April 2020, that a projection of 100k dead was too high or that we had to open things back up last March. He acted as a brake at every juncture, yet 650,000 dead hasn't convinced a big chunk of our populace to stop and recognize that Fauci was largely right.

We live in a country where 47% of people are too ignorant to get vaccinated. The fact that they don't trust someone isn't indicative of anything; they are clearly poor judges of what constitutes good science.

Quote:
Fauci doesn't solely make the CDC decisions or policy. It's committees of which is part of. He is their main public spokesperson though. It's easy to tell when he's giving his opinion vs. relaying CDC guidance when he speaks.

It's a shame that some people hate Fauci so much they spread misinformation about the 5 month booster news (that was Biden, not Fauci). (Also Im not saying you, 4M, are spreading misinfo, others are)
Fauci doesn't work for the CDC. He has no affiliation with the CDC whatsoever. He is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. That is a completely different organization than the CDC. It's extremely telling that you have such strong opinions on this stuff yet don't even know what organization Fauci works for.

Last edited by Wittgenstein's Ghost; 08-31-2021 at 02:24 PM..

Old 08-31-2021, 01:27 PM

104 posts, read 61,752 times
Quote:
Try harder than quoting an organization that Rand and Ron are members of and is anti-vaccine, racist, homophobic and anti-LBGTQ, anti-abortion (and believes abortion causes breast cancer), and anti-HIPAA, among others wack job beliefs.

Did you know that AAPS believes that the WTC collapsed on 9/11 because they didn't use asbestos? When did physician want to use asbestos?
Well you tell them then don't asking me to try harder I just forward what i got believe is or not is up to you and I don't give a crap what you said either and don't try to be smart a... s with me

Old 08-31-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjc281 View Post
There are two risks to be considered. One is the risk of getting COVID and die, which in my opinion is not high for people who are relatively healthy especially with two shots of vaccine.
The other risk is death due to the known rare side effect of myocarditis after taking COVID vaccine shots.
It's hard to say which risk is higher as both are relatively low.
So personally I would stick with the two shots and wait and see until at least one year.
Everyone has their favorite doctor and the doctor I listen to strongly disagrees with the idea of needing a booster shot after only 5 months.
A third risk is transmitting Covid to someone else who might die.

The irony here is that if everyone would just get the first two doses, none of us would probably need any booster shots.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:01 PM

115 posts, read 63,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
If they also have the vaccine, I wouldn't consider this to be a risk I need to worry about.

Quote:
The irony here is that if everyone would just get the first two doses, none of us would probably need any booster shots.
Wouldn't that include all children too? They are a decent sized portion of the population, so I'm not sure if this was ever a realistic goal to try and achieve.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
If they also have the vaccine, I wouldn't consider this to be a risk I need to worry about.
Sure, but over time, the vaccines will lose some of their efficacy. If we are debating whether we should get boosters or not, the scenario in which we don't should probably account for that. I have a friend who is a 36 year-old trauma surgeon and was fully vaccinated six months ago. He was recently infected and got knocked on the floor for a week. An old person may have had it much, much worse. As time goes by, boosters are likely going to be necessary to maintain herd immunity (if we ever actually achieve it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
Wouldn't that include all children too? They are a decent sized portion of the population, so I'm not sure if this was ever a realistic goal to try and achieve.
We can be at herd immunity without having anyone under 12 vaccinated. We're currently at 53% vaccinated, and there is a very big difference between that and 70%.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:22 PM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
It is what it is.

I got both jabs and Ill get a booster if thats whats recommended, but dont expect me to camp out in my bedroom on the off chance I get someone sick. Especially considering, where adults are concerned, almost all the time they die because they didnt get the shot themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas