Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 AM

451 posts, read 319,783 times

Advertisements

DR. Oz provided this coronavirus survival guide:

Wash your hands with soap and water for 20*seconds and use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.

Disinfect surfaces by using disinfectant sprays instead of wipes, which can spread germs from one surface to another. It is advised*to let the surface remain wet for three minutes prior to drying.Get at least seven hours of sleep a night.

Exercise regularly, aiming for 30 minutes every other day.

Improve your air quality by using a humidifier because viruses dislike humid air.

When you are on an airplane, sit*next to the window:*“It’s better for you because that germ zone is that little limited area,” which includes the row before and after you, he noted. “The air that comes in from outside is actually pretty clean."

Meditate because that can support your immune system.

Avoid*handshakes. Dr. Oz said*handshaking transfers 10*times more germs than fist-bumping, but he also discouraged fist-bumping. “A fist bump passes one-tenth the*germs as a firm handshake,” Dr. Oz*said on Monday. He encouraged*people to “embrace the power of a good head nod.”

Eliminate face touching.

It is encouraged to have a two-week supply of essential items, including freezer-friendly food items and non-perishable foods, medications and household supplies, including toilet paper, soap and detergent.

Eat foods and take vitamins that support the immune system. Eating leafy greens and fruits high in vitamins like citruses, blackberries, and kiwi provide your body with essential vitamins and minerals.

Get the flu shot to avoid confusing seasonal flu with COVID-19.

If you are sick, take 80 milligrams of zinc daily, 250 milligrams of vitamin C twice daily, 250 milligrams of beta-glucan daily and take elderberry syrup or lozenges four times a day for five days*

--- In addition to the above, consume garlic, ginger and turmeric. A pinch of turmeric with warm water in the morning is a good habit.

Last edited by CDContribuitor; 03-14-2020 at 12:17 PM..

Old 03-14-2020, 12:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Is there a link to somewhere that we can see updates on how many new cases have been diagnosed in Collin County, day by day?

Old 03-14-2020, 01:06 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Is there a link to somewhere that we can see updates on how many new cases have been diagnosed in Collin County, day by day?
This is an interactive map with real time data on this virus by John Hopkins.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Old 03-14-2020, 01:35 PM

This is another resource. It is based on reported numbers, so the actual data per country may be higher. It would be good for us to keep an eye on new cases and new deaths everry day for US.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 03-14-2020, 01:43 PM

6 confirmed cases (reported) in Collin county at the moment. Please note that the actual numbers may be higher.

Please go to following site for regular updates:
https://www.collincountytx.gov/healt...ages/news.aspx

Quote:

Old 03-14-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
This is an interactive map with real time data on this virus by John Hopkins.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Thanks

Old 03-14-2020, 02:21 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
As long as the power grid is Ok? Jesus, some of you people have gone off the deep end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
It's not too far fetched... With everyone staying home, there's going to be a huge power draw during the day vs normal, but we'll probably be ok because it's not summer and no one is really running their AC yet. Most likely we'll all have much slower internet speeds than normal though.
It's not abnormal for me to think of power grid disruptions since I have experienced two significant ones during my time in Dallas. I lost power for an extended amount of time during the December 2013 ice storm and the June 2019 thunder storm.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:18 PM

There are 61 confirmed cases in Texas. Terrible, but it doesn't seem like a lot unless this virus is very, very contagious and travels really fast.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:31 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjc281 View Post
I would tell them this is to protect our senior citizens who are very vulnerable to this highly contagious disease. We all have older parents or grand parents. Some of them may already have heart problems or chronic diseases making them even more vulnerable. Italy shut down the country to protect their 23% over 65 population. We should not panic but need to exercise caution.
My mother is currently recovering from the flu at a rehab place. She was in the hospital on oxygen for more than a week and already had a week immune system. My father has diabetes and dementia. Last night, we had 20 minutes to visit my father at the residential care facility before he was placed in lockdown for at least 2 weeks. I wasn't even given a warning for my mother. I went to visit her and bring her some things she needed. When I got there, I was told that she was in lockdown and that I had to leave her stuff at the front desk. While I understand why the state decreed this, it's still very scary.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
There are 61 confirmed cases in Texas. Terrible, but it doesn't seem like a lot unless this virus is very, very contagious and travels really fast.
The problem is that the number of infected people is probably under reported. I’ve heard people complaining of “flu like symptoms” turned away for Coronavirus testing because they hadn’t been out of the country or in contact with any others who had confirmed positive tests. So they are sent home when there is at least some likelihood that they may have it. And that’s why the hysteria is real, the wave of future positives is coming. They just haven’t fully revealed themselves yet. Look for that 61 number to grow considerably in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas