Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 02:42 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times

Advertisements

You have a lot of great nearby options!

Your budget is a little low for a lot of the newer buildings but you can probably still find an older building in Uptown with a pool in your budget. Check out Post properties they manage a lot of the buildings in Uptown.

Oak Lawn still has a lot of options and it’s a little closer to the Medical District, a lot of the newer buildings have really nice pools. It’s still going to be at the top of your budget though without utilities.

The Medical District has developed a lot in the last few years and there are a lot of new apartments that would be super close to your job. Someone suggested 5225 Maple which is pretty nice. Right across the street from a bar. Lots of people that work at the hospitals live around there.

Another option to consider is Victory Park. It’s right up Harry Hines and they’ve added a lot of cool stuff down there. It also has direct access to the Katy Trail. Might be hard to find an apartment in your budget but worth a look.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:00 PM

577 posts, read 456,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I’ve lived in both Uptown and Las Colinas and LC is better commute to UTSW and has lots to offer around Lake Carolyn including direct Rail. But budget may be an issue.
I doubt that, but even if it happens to be better, the Las Colinas area pales in comparision to urban Dallas when it comes to all the other criteria the OP is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
If anything the part of Oak Lawn still referred to as "Oak Lawn" is closer, being to the west of the part now called "Uptown".
Yeah, you're exactly right.

I'm biased because I (basically) live in Oak Lawn, but I highly recommend it to people. It's cheaper than Uptown, but you're still in close proximity to everything urban Dallas has to offer. Tons of young people here and a decent amount of bars/restaurants to walk to (not as good as Uptown or Deep Ellum, but decent). You're also still close to the Katy Trail as well, which is a nice perk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 06:43 PM

4 posts, read 3,010 times
Thanks everyone! I'm okay sacrificing and going above what my estimated budget was to live in what seems to definitely be the best place for me in Uptown.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:07 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronz123 View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm okay sacrificing and going above what my estimated budget was to live in what seems to definitely be the best place for me in Uptown.
I think Uptown is the best choice for living based on what you're looking for but I also highly recommend exploring the various Dallas neighborhoods during your time there. There's more to Dallas than just Uptown, despite being a great neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas