U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 08:01 PM

4,087 posts, read 1,358,365 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious about how far away from Dallas proper you would have to go to be in a redneck area. Where you'll find trashy dive bars where rough looking guys and gals with motorcycles go.

Only the real deal, not some kind of place that masquerades as something it's not.

Perhaps somewhat oddly, I am interested in these places. I am a city guy from New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNE View Post
We’ll see you coming, but it’s not far.
I never said I intended to blend in.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:22 PM

5,226 posts, read 2,905,753 times
Have you ever heard of Redneck Heaven? It has 3 locations, one in Lewisville, one in Arlington, and one in Fort Worth. I went to the one in Arlington once before a Texas Rangers game. I wouldn't call it a true redneck experience.

When I first got to Dallas in the early 2010s, I went to Sneaky Pete's in Lewisville a few times. Sneaky Pete's is on Lake Lewisville. It did somewhat have a "white trash" or "trailer trash" vibe. You wouldn't necessarily find motorcycle men/women there. It's not a biker bar.

I'd say you need to go about 30-60 miles away to find things more redneck like. West of Fort Worth, you're looking at the Weatherford area. North of Fort Worth, Wise County areas. South of Fort Worth, Benbrook, Crowley, and Burleson areas. South of Dallas, Ennis, Ferris, and Waxahachie would fit the bill. East of Dallas, Forney and Terrell. North of Dallas, Anna and Van Alystne.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Have you ever heard of Redneck Heaven? It has 3 locations, one in Lewisville, one in Arlington, and one in Fort Worth. I went to the one in Arlington once before a Texas Rangers game. I wouldn't call it a true redneck experience.

When I first got to Dallas in the early 2010s, I went to Sneaky Pete's in Lewisville a few times. Sneaky Pete's is on Lake Lewisville. It did somewhat have a "white trash" or "trailer trash" vibe. You wouldn't necessarily find motorcycle men/women there. It's not a biker bar.

I'd say you need to go about 30-60 miles away to find things more redneck like. West of Fort Worth, you're looking at the Weatherford area. North of Fort Worth, Wise County areas. South of Fort Worth, Benbrook, Crowley, and Burleson areas. South of Dallas, Ennis, Ferris, and Waxahachie would fit the bill. East of Dallas, Forney and Terrell. North of Dallas, Anna and Van Alystne.
I haven't heard of many bars in general yet, I'm just going to Dallas for a vacation.

Bikers aren't necessary, but places where bikers could come in and wouldn't seem out of place are preferres.

And are you familiar with Austin and Houston? I wonder if the redneck vibe starts sooner, when you leave city limits.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:47 PM

5,226 posts, read 2,905,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I haven't heard of many bars in general yet, I'm just going to Dallas for a vacation.

Bikers aren't necessary, but places where bikers could come in and wouldn't seem out of place are preferres.

And are you familiar with Austin and Houston? I wonder if the redneck vibe starts sooner, when you leave city limits.
I do not have great familiarity with either Austin or Houston.

Bikers could show up at Redneck Heaven. Redneck Heaven is like a redneck Hooters or Twin Peaks. Coronavirus may have changed the dine in experience. The take out only model doesn't work for breastaurants since the point of breastaurants is the scantily clad women in the dining room and behind the bar. Food is never really a selling point of those places.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I do not have great familiarity with either Austin or Houston.

Bikers could show up at Redneck Heaven. Redneck Heaven is like a redneck Hooters or Twin Peaks. Coronavirus may have changed the dine in experience. The take out only model doesn't work for breastaurants since the point of breastaurants is the scantily clad women in the dining room and behind the bar. Food is never really a selling point of those places.
I won't be there til September, so hopefully there will be more dine in by then.

But I'm looking more so for places that don't specialize in food, those tend to be dingier.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:15 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,444,298 times
You don't have to leave Dallas proper to find biker, country, or redneck bars. In Deep Ellum, check out Reno's Chop Shop, Adairs, and Double Wide. There's many others in DE that have more of a mixed vibe, so a biker wouldn't necessarily be out of place.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:17 AM

13,500 posts, read 30,034,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
You don't have to leave Dallas proper to find biker, country, or redneck bars. In Deep Ellum, check out Reno's Chop Shop, Adairs, and Double Wide. There's many others in DE that have more of a mixed vibe, so a biker wouldn't necessarily be out of place.
Yeah, I don't know Dallas that well, but assumed there would be plenty of places in the city limits.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:54 AM

10,217 posts, read 21,674,784 times
I'd say that biker bars are much more common in the city than out in the countryside. Most of the Texas small town bars I've seen are patronized by country folks who wear Wranglers and drive pickup trucks. I can only think of a couple of places in the Hill Country that fit your description...

Add Wilhoite's in downtown Grapevine to your list. There is always a line of Harleys parked out front on weekends.

Last edited by ChristieP; 05-26-2020 at 08:05 AM..

Old 05-26-2020, 07:58 AM

58,764 posts, read 77,664,847 times
BY zealously Avoiding such places that were prolific in my texas youth I have made it to 72
NO stab wounds no bullet holes
If you want to continue to be a cool city guy from New York do likewise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas