Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 07:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,781 times

Advertisements

Hi all! Was looking at moving into the Trails of West Frisco and was wanting to know everyone's thoughts are about the neighborhood.

We are planning on starting a family there and a big concern is schools, safety, and ease of access to entertainment. Me and the wife are big homebodies but like the occasional eating out and access to Asian cuisines and Bubble Tea.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 08:25 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,158,035 times
I live about a mile or two away from the Trails and Frisco in general is very safe and family friendly. Honestly, a lot of the neighborhoods in that area are very similar (mine included) and I would just focus on finding a layout that works for you. I'm hoping/assuming you have a close-ish commute? All of the schools are great too. What type of entertainment are you looking for? There is a cluster of Asian restaurants/markets on Preston/Warren, but there are other places spread out around the city too.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:14 PM

Hi Steph!

That is great to hear! Safety and Family-Friendly are our big criterias. Commute is as close as can be about 45 minutes. Yeah, we have our eyes set on some houses in that neighborhood.

As far as entertainment goes...
We enjoy walking around parks and shopping areas and eating. So once again safe and family friendly parks and hiking trails are pluses. As well as nice shops to walk around and sight see. We aren't big drinkers or party people so just casual things like farmer's markets, kayaking, hiking, and the occasional movies.

Ooo yeah we need to have our Asian food so it seems like there are a lot of options any personal favorites?

Old 06-09-2020, 01:29 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,198,187 times
Frisco (the vast majority of it) only exists to be a "safe family friendly" baby-box. Anywhere you go is going to be the same, pretty much.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Where are you commuting to? As much as I love Frisco, there are plenty of other great areas in DFW that are probably closer to your job. I'm not sure what drew you to The Trails, though. We landed in Frisco because I worked in Plano (at the time) and my husband worked in Denton. We definitely wouldn't have settled here if one of us worked in Dallas, for example.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:13 PM

She works in Denton and I work from home. What drew us to Frisco was the schools and the neighborhoods.

As for the Trails it was in good proximity to good schools and nearby grocery, shopping, and daycares as well as being surround by DNT, 380, and FM423 for ease access out of Frisco.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:02 PM

11,820 posts, read 26,706,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The52HertzWhale View Post
She works in Denton and I work from home. What drew us to Frisco was the schools and the neighborhoods.

As for the Trails it was in good proximity to good schools and nearby grocery, shopping, and daycares as well as being surround by DNT, 380, and FM423 for ease access out of Frisco.
Just so you know, commuting from Frisco to Denton via 380 is no picnic, and it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Since you work from home, you’d do your wife a HUGE favor to look at places much closer to Denton, such as Argyle or Corinth. It will save her lots of commute headaches,a nd let her have more time with the family.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:43 AM

122 posts, read 170,187 times
Corinth and Denton do not have good schools and not nice like frisco. That is why 80% of my colleagues live in frisco, I am working in Denton.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Just so you know, commuting from Frisco to Denton via 380 is no picnic, and it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Since you work from home, you’d do your wife a HUGE favor to look at places much closer to Denton, such as Argyle or Corinth. It will save her lots of commute headaches,a nd let her have more time with the family.
Yeah, my husband commutes on 380 for at least half of his commute. More and more traffic lights are added each year as developments pop up, which has slowed his commute. He typically takes some backroads through the Little Elm area and then he hops onto 380 around Prairie House. Eighteen wheelers are also very plentiful on 380. OP's wife could also take the Lake Lewisville toll bridge. Of course the major con with that option is the cost, and she could be overshooting her workplace depending on where it is.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:27 AM

11,820 posts, read 26,706,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
Corinth and Denton do not have good schools and not nice like frisco. That is why 80% of my colleagues live in frisco, I am working in Denton.
Interesting that you say Corinth schools are not good. Online, they get very good reviews. Denton ISD overall has problems but the schools in the Corinth part are much better than the rest. I have several friends who live there, and their neighborhoods are full of young families with kids.

You can also look at Argyle, Highland Village and Lantana. All of these have good schools and are much closer to Denton than Frisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: