Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 12:09 AM

27 posts, read 15,346 times

Advertisements

Coming this weekend ready to buy. Need a realtor who won't tell me that 300k or less is nearly impossible to find in the entire DFW metroplex without asking me what I'm even looking for. If it's too small potatoes for you, then just tell me so or ignore my inquiry. No, I don't have one particular area I'm interested in. I'm relying on you to tell me based on what you learn from me to guide me to areas you think would fit me best. No, I'm not working around an employer's location. If anyone is out there who can help, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 07:24 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Well, here's an answer you're not going to like:

The DFW area is the size of Connecticut, with 7.5 million people. Real estate agents work specific neighborhoods.

There is no way that a real estate agent that works Lakewood will be able to tell you whether Watauga, or North Richland Hills, or Celina, or Wilmer, is the right place for you.

Sorry, you're going to have to do some research on your own.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:52 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
There are lots of homes in DFW for under $300k if you don't need good schools, are willing to buy a fixer-upper, are willing to live in Johnson or Kaufman Counties, or don't mind living in a higher crime/lower income neighborhood.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:46 AM

I've been researching since March, so thanks

Old 06-25-2020, 08:50 AM

Schools are not a consideration. There are hundreds of homes listed in that range all over the metroplex, so unless the entire metroplex is crime ridden and low income, it seems unlikely that you can't obtain a 3/2 under 1700 square feet in a safe area.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:54 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
There are many areas that are under 300K range that have available homes and are not crime ridden areas. As long as you are not overly picky. Wylie/Argyle/Saginaw/Haslet/Melissa/Garland are a few of the areas that come to mind. Where do you have to commute to? Some of these even have new construction under 200K.

Naima

Old 06-25-2020, 10:04 AM

625 posts, read 667,998 times
I'm sure you can find something...I'm personally not familiar with those areas, but I'm sure there is something out there. That said, you won't find one realtor that is knowledgeable about all of those areas.

I'd drive around and narrow my interest into general areas and then look for a realtor who can help. But a realtor that is familiar with Garland - will not be familiar with Irving, etc.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
There are many areas that are under 300K range that have available homes and are not crime ridden areas. As long as you are not overly picky. Wylie/Argyle/Saginaw/Haslet/Melissa/Garland are a few of the areas that come to mind. Where do you have to commute to? Some of these even have new construction under 200K.

Naima

There are many throughout the metroplex. Every single neighborhood and suburb (except Park Cities maybe) has housing in that price range. Even Keller and Grapevine. Maybe just one at any moment, but they are there.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:10 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
I'm sure you can find something...I'm personally not familiar with those areas, but I'm sure there is something out there. That said, you won't find one realtor that is knowledgeable about all of those areas.

I'd drive around and narrow my interest into general areas and then look for a realtor who can help. But a realtor that is familiar with Garland - will not be familiar with Irving, etc.
I respectfully disagree. There are some of us that are full time agents and specialize in relocation. We make it our job to be familiar with every inch of DFW. Keeping up with new developments, zoning requirements, schools performances etc.

When I was in the telecom field, my company relocated us here and we had a terrible Realtor (company assigned) who was only familiar with 1 area of Fort Worth, we ended up "settling" on a house. I got my TX license right away and started exploring DFW... I promised to never have a client experience what we experienced.

Naima

Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Nick, sounds like you need to get in touch with nsumner.

OP, why don't you just go to Zillow (I know, I know) and search with search filters of single family house and max price 300,000? You'll find hundreds and hundreds. Then ask questions about the areas of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas