Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 11:25 PM

17 posts, read 7,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
An area with too many apartment complexes is not a good thing. Apartments tend to make an area less desirable.
Well 4 isnt much. I'm looking to rent right now. So apts are what I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Arlington and Southern Grand Praire might be the best option for you. Your going to get a significant black population along with diversity in these locations.
Yeah heard GP is ghetto? Have to see for myself. Yes, I agree about Arlington. Thanks

Old 07-27-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
This might be of some usefulness to you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj-7C6dDDzc
This vid was great. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2020, 06:30 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
OP, please keep in mind that the metro is huge. Where will you be working? That's going to drive your housing choices. You may feel comfortable and welcomed in Cedar Hill, but if you've got to commute daily to Frisco to work, you're going to have to make some tough decisions.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:28 AM

516 posts, read 450,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesh89 View Post
Yeah heard GP is ghetto? Have to see for myself. Yes, I agree about Arlington. Thanks
No, it’s not ghetto. Those who call the whole city ghetto are misinformed and assuming because there’s a large AA community.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:39 AM

565 posts, read 557,435 times
Quote:
My OP was detailed and couldn't post at first. I posted it in the comments. Thanks
I read your 2nd and 3rd comment but still didn't see anything about where your job will be. If you know where that will be ahead of time that will help since everything is spread out

Old 07-27-2020, 10:03 PM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Quote:
Grand Prairie is not ghetto. It's more suburban than anything and honestly for someone looking for an apartment especially with no kids you might not like it. Grand Prairie is more for Black families, along with other areas like Cedar Hill or Desoto.

Now you say you live in a predominately White town with 6% Black population. Look even a burb like Plano you'll be able to find areas of Plano with more than 6% Black population.

If your looking for an area in close proximity to Black social settings I'd suggest looking in areas like Addison/Richardson/Deep Ellum/ Irving/Carrollton. North Dallas does have some good safe apartments. You just have to do your homework. If a 1 bedroom apt is under a 1,000 in North Dallas than it's probably not the best area. Those would be your best.

And Dallas does have it's share of Black social events. I'd say your best bet is to join a Dallas Black page on Instagram and Facebook so you can know the places to go to. Eventually you won't need it once you get to know the scene. But Dallas is not short of Black social scenes. Definitely has a lot more than the town your coming from.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
I read your 2nd and 3rd comment but still didn't see anything about where your job will be. If you know where that will be ahead of time that will help since everything is spread out
I will work remotely.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Grand Prairie is not ghetto. It's more suburban than anything and honestly for someone looking for an apartment especially with no kids you might not like it. Grand Prairie is more for Black families, along with other areas like Cedar Hill or Desoto.

Now you say you live in a predominately White town with 6% Black population. Look even a burb like Plano you'll be able to find areas of Plano with more than 6% Black population.

If your looking for an area in close proximity to Black social settings I'd suggest looking in areas like Addison/Richardson/Deep Ellum/ Irving/Carrollton. North Dallas does have some good safe apartments. You just have to do your homework. If a 1 bedroom apt is under a 1,000 in North Dallas than it's probably not the best area. Those would be your best.

And Dallas does have it's share of Black social events. I'd say your best bet is to join a Dallas Black page on Instagram and Facebook so you can know the places to go to. Eventually you won't need it once you get to know the scene. But Dallas is not short of Black social scenes. Definitely has a lot more than the town your coming from.
Thank you for this plethora of info! You've been most helpful! Yes, cant wait to get out of this town! Will look at Plano area. Heard great things. I was skeptical because of the demographics.

I've joined some groups on fb. Black Dallas and black affluent Dallas I believe that's the name.

Do you know of any areas to look at in Plano? Thanks

Old 07-28-2020, 09:14 AM

240 posts, read 129,609 times
Live downtown/Uptown/Deep/Ellum, or Addison/Plano area depending on if you want a more urban or suburban experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas