Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 08:16 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,910,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Sure, you could go around to grocery stores. How many times a week do you shop at grocery stores?

It's better to get an online dating membership and greatly increase the numbers of people you can meet. Hanging around the produce aisle at a grocery store looking for dates is a little creepy. Can't believe that people recommend that.
Yeah, grocery stores have specifically been listed by female friends as places they hate to get hit on. Not saying that all hate it or even dislike it because that's certainly not true, but it's been one of the more common places listed. It seems to fall into a similar category as the gym or at work. IOW, places where people are out more for a need or for productivity vs more common social settings.

I wouldn't specifically say not to ever do this if you felt extra compelled to approach someone at the store, but I wouldn't recommend specifically going there with that in mind. And if you do approach someone, at least try and be more aware of not being creepy/predatory and being more quick to move on than if you approach someone at a bar or a sports league or somewhere people go specifically to be social.

Last edited by Sunbather; 08-11-2020 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:28 PM

869 posts, read 319,779 times
Well I live in Houston, but I was in Addison at the Side-Car Social for a friend's birthday party in early March right before Covid-19 took over the world. I was with my fiance...but if I had been single, I would have been in Heaven that night. There were beautiful women everywhere in there. That's the only time I've been, so I'm not sure if every night is like that...but I would certainly recommend it, lol.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM

516 posts, read 451,368 times
Addison's bar scene may be the best option for the North Dallas area.

I definitely do not recommend trying to pick up women in the grocery store. That would be creepy. There are too many stories out there right now about men trying to kidnap women at the grocery store for trafficking. I wouldn't be surprised if you got pepper sprayed in the face and the cops called on you if you tried that.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:16 PM

34 posts, read 25,938 times
It's not about finding dates, focus on building your social or friend circle. Create an event or attend an event regularly and meet like minded folk based on what interests you.

Random places you meet random people.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:17 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Is Harry Hines far enough north to qualify?

Old 08-15-2020, 12:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXPerson View Post
Addison's bar scene may be the best option for the North Dallas area.

I definitely do not recommend trying to pick up women in the grocery store. That would be creepy. There are too many stories out there right now about men trying to kidnap women at the grocery store for trafficking. I wouldn't be surprised if you got pepper sprayed in the face and the cops called on you if you tried that.
I think that's something from the 70s and early 80s, when people talked about grocery stores as hookup places.

Times have changed - a great deal.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,267,122 times
I met my girl on hinge.

Met the girl before that on Bumble. Met most of my Exes though friends. I've never successfully picked up a chick at a grocery store, or had anything more than a one night stand with a girl I've met at a bar, but hey thats just me. I would say most guys I know are the same way....most of them met their girls on a dating app or though friends.

Regardless of how you feel about it, they dynamics of how people date are very, very different from 20 years ago.

I like hinge because you can post a message when you "swipe right" on someone. Gives you a chance to show your personality/ be funny/ whatever your thing is.

Now is a great time to be a dude on dating apps....with less social interaction being a good conversationalist became more important and being good looking has become less. Women who usually meet people in real life are basically forced onto the apps now because of the Rona.

I'm a super average looking dude, not tall and not rich, but I had as many dates as I could want at the beginning of the big Q. The weekend I met my girl she was my 3rd date of the weekend....one other in person and a zoom date. Again, I'm nothing special to look at.

Dating is all a numbers game...wouldn't have met my girlfriend if I wasn't out there putting in the leg work and wouldn't have been able to realize what a catch she was if I didn't have the points of references I have.

One last note....I much prefer the Fort Worth Women over the Dallas women. I wouldn't want to overly generalize, but they are more chill, in general and less materialistic in my experience. Also more into the stuff I like such as being outside....like not "out doorsy in the sense they drink on patios or on Daddy's boat" but actually outdoorsy...more inclined to get a little dirty, down to earth, etc. I mean of course I've known girls like that from Dallas as well, but that seems to be more of the exception than the rule.

If that sounds like you, you might have some good luck on the Western half of the Metroplex.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:00 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,267,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think that's something from the 70s and early 80s, when people talked about grocery stores as hookup places.

Times have changed - a great deal.
Yeah, exactly.

Unless you are super good looking or incredibly smooth, most women will find that creepy.

You go to the grocery store and approach like what..one, two, maybe 3 women there?

That takes alot of emotional energy...gettting rejected irl is hard. Plus a sizable percentage of women don't look at being hit on as flattering...so you are bound to have at least one negative experience out of the three...I mean beyond just a woman polity telling you "no thanks" lots of women are just straight up rude, as in "How dare you try to talk to me"

In 2020 many women consider being approached by a random man to be creepy or it makes them feel unsafe( I partially blame the stranger danger childhood we grew up with) Most guys don't want to make women feel unsafe and definitely don't want to be seen as creepy.

It just isn't worth the risk, so men don't take the risk. At least if a woman matches with you on an app you know shes at least mildly interested in you trying to talk to her.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:57 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
I hear the app Grindr is quite popular!

Old 09-04-2020, 09:32 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,412,902 times
Are you looking for a store? I mean from what i know it's up to a guy approaching a girl with confidence. There is no time and place for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas