Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 09:59 PM

18 posts, read 19,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkett View Post
US has a refugee program, no matter what country they come from, they are legally brought here.
Done/
Completely agree that refugee program is legal but the question which I am posing is do we have jobs and infrastructure to support them. As someone mentioned, they may have program for 6 months or so but after that what? when an unskilled refugee will look for job, he/she might be offered job which might not pay more than $200-$300/week. even that job wont have any guarantee as he/she will be kicked out any moment and replaced by younger and smarter folks who might be more efficient. If not that person will have to work for lesser payment to keep the job. Now if that person goes to find basic apartment to live, they will be asking him to sign a lease for 12 months and rent would be mostly above $900 and above. With no full time guaranteed job, even it is not viable for a refugee to lease an apartment, forget about the rest of the things needed for life

My plan to publish the story was to create awareness that if we do not have full time job to offer to a refugee then let us stop Biden to open the flood gate of refugees. If Biden or any liberals wants to bring refugee, they must become their personal guarantor and help them from personal money when they need it. They should not let refugee go loose and create nuisance for rest of the Americans by panhandling in parking lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 06:05 AM

24,030 posts, read 10,375,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.pressley View Post
Completely agree that refugee program is legal but the question which I am posing is do we have jobs and infrastructure to support them. As someone mentioned, they may have program for 6 months or so but after that what? when an unskilled refugee will look for job, he/she might be offered job which might not pay more than $200-$300/week. even that job wont have any guarantee as he/she will be kicked out any moment and replaced by younger and smarter folks who might be more efficient. If not that person will have to work for lesser payment to keep the job. Now if that person goes to find basic apartment to live, they will be asking him to sign a lease for 12 months and rent would be mostly above $900 and above. With no full time guaranteed job, even it is not viable for a refugee to lease an apartment, forget about the rest of the things needed for life

My plan to publish the story was to create awareness that if we do not have full time job to offer to a refugee then let us stop Biden to open the flood gate of refugees. If Biden or any liberals wants to bring refugee, they must become their personal guarantor and help them from personal money when they need it. They should not let refugee go loose and create nuisance for rest of the Americans by panhandling in parking lots.
Going through all that creativity to post your political opinion. Non-native speaker?

Old 12-11-2020, 06:58 AM

213 posts, read 234,745 times
Again. If the refugees are nuisance to you, you do not need to help them.
I’ve worked closely with refugees myself, refugee program supports them for upto 3 yrs. But yeah let’s be real, that support isn’t enough so that is where agencies step in. A lot of these refugees have supported our troops overseas. Their lives are in danger so many are brought here. I personally met one that served as a translator for US the troops.
Panhandling of refugees or they taking our jobs, or they not being educated enough should be least of our worries. Because their population in the US isn’t significant, what’s bothering you? There are more Americans who would fit in one of these. Ever been to New York or Cali and witnessed true panhandling? You’ll forget you ever said anything about refugees!

Old 12-11-2020, 03:17 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,395,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Well, if anything this thread has shown who failed Social Studies...
No kidding. And you can add geography to that list as well. One thing this has shown is that Bosnia needs to ante up funds for a public awareness campaign here in America. Urdu, Africa, Central Asia??? Jeezus that's just brutal.

On the other hand, is this surprising? If you walked up to the average guy/gal on the street, could they find Bosnia on a map in less than 10 minutes? I'm guessing 90 percent would fail.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
No kidding. And you can add geography to that list as well. One thing this has shown is that Bosnia needs to ante up funds for a public awareness campaign here in America. Urdu, Africa, Central Asia??? Jeezus that's just brutal.

On the other hand, is this surprising? If you walked up to the average guy/gal on the street, could they find Bosnia on a map in less than 10 minutes? I'm guessing 90 percent would fail.
The discussion gets drifted in one hundred directions. The actual question which I wanted to pose thru this thread is when liberal talks about bringing more refugee to America, do we have enough jobs to offer them? or we counting on fellow American to help them to feed. Description of the encounter with that lady was not focus of the topic, that was just an example to show if things are done without thinking through it, such things can happen. If you see foreign born person begging on streets of America ( whether they come legally or illegally), its big question and we can not keep our eyes closed.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:31 PM

578 posts, read 472,497 times
No one cares about refugees, not even liberals. What's important is the funds assigned to them. The resettlement program may last for only 6 months, but NGOs, social workers, administrators and lawyers leeching on these programs are employed full-time all year around. The whole industry will make sure refugees keep coming.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:51 PM

8,099 posts, read 8,248,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.pressley View Post
The discussion gets drifted in one hundred directions. The actual question which I wanted to pose thru this thread is when liberal talks about bringing more refugee to America, do we have enough jobs to offer them? or we counting on fellow American to help them to feed. Description of the encounter with that lady was not focus of the topic, that was just an example to show if things are done without thinking through it, such things can happen. If you see foreign born person begging on streets of America ( whether they come legally or illegally), its big question and we can not keep our eyes closed.
So you really just made this whole thing up to press your (right) agenda.....

Old 12-11-2020, 06:22 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,699,585 times
Again. If the refugees are nuisance to you, you do not need to help them.
I’ve worked closely with refugees myself, refugee program supports them for upto 3 yrs. But yeah let’s be real, that support isn’t enough so that is where agencies step in."

I left my native country of Hungary with 200 Deutsche Marks ( about $ 75) and 5 days after arriving in Munich I had a job and I supported myself just fine. It wasn't hard at all. When I arrived in Florida later I had a few thousand dollars but I went to work 2 weeks later and I supported myself ever since. I've never been hungry or homeless and I always had a dependable car or motorcycle. The longest I've been unemployed was 5 days. Arriving in Phoenix I had a job and apartment by the end of the day; same thing in San Diego; same in Fullerton, Orange County. You guys don't realize what an easy country we live in, even for foreigners.

It can be done with a slight effort even for someone not speaking the language in the beginning. Any refugee who needs 3 years assistance is nothing more than a leech on our very kind and generous country.

As for Bosnia, it was part of the former Yugoslavia, and south of Hungary / Austria.

Last edited by mgforshort; 12-11-2020 at 06:52 PM..

Old 12-11-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
So you really just made this whole thing up to press your (right) agenda.....
No, the story was NOT made up and it was real life experience. Today around noon I went to WholeFoods which is just less than a mile away from the Target Parking lot where the first encounter happened only few days back. Today within a minute when I enter the store, the same lady approached with a shopping basket with few breads and some meat and started the same story that she has three kids and if I could pay for her groceries. I tried to engage her in conversation and asked her why she shopping there in first place. I told WholeFoods is very expensive, if she do not have money, why she do not go to Walmart. She showed the bread in her basket and told she likes that bread very much sand it's very good. I asked her what is her name and she mentioned "Laila". I was little mad and I asked if she has any ID. She did not understand that and I asked if she had a passport or any documents showing her name. She told she do not have any thing. This time there was a twist in the story. When I asked where her husband was , she said he is coming, he is still in Bosnia. After little interrogation, she got the vibe that I will not be helping and she herself told if you do not want to help, its okay. Few minutes later when I was exiting the store, I saw her at the checkout counter and noticed that there was another lady customer who was paying for her.

Seems like this lady has a great taste and she likes groceries from upscale stores and she has devised a unique way to make others pay for her groceries. My wife told me why I did not call the police. I told it was not needed, though she is not doing the right thing, her crime is nothing as compared to other crimes. There are instances of guys robbing others at gunpoint and even killing others for a few dollars. At least she was not asking money at gunpoint, she just wanted to have a great tasting bread.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,255 times
Alright, most of you dont seem to realize one thing, that this is an organized gypsy crime ring, thats all they do every day in different parts of the cities, especially parts with money. They drive Mercedes and live in big houses, STOP giving them money! Please google it if you dont believe me, there are many youtube videos out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: