Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:18 PM

3,069 posts, read 8,410,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
Thanks escanlan. I do have the copy of the signed contract that states ' install & removal christmas lights' though he included 01/31/2021 as the last date for removing lights. So I have to wait until this month end to prove he has violated the agreement and can't find another guy to take down the lights before the date in case he uses that as an excuse.

I am planning to dispute through Paypal, reached out to couple other folks who lost money as well, but none responded yet. Maybe they felt it's not worth the hassle which again works for the contractors advantage.

To use the Law Enforcement route you would need to display a pattern of fraud and that would require others to agree at least to be interviewed by Law Enforcement. If you approach LE with just your complaint they will advise you to litigate it.

Make sure that you get notifications to the contractor in some form that can be tracked and saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 08:32 AM

948 posts, read 1,139,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
To use the Law Enforcement route you would need to display a pattern of fraud and that would require others to agree at least to be interviewed by Law Enforcement. If you approach LE with just your complaint they will advise you to litigate it.

Make sure that you get notifications to the contractor in some form that can be tracked and saved.

My text messages are read but not responded by the contractor. Phone calls/voice mails not answered as well. I will dispute through paypal in my case and for others, if they don't respond or willing to cooperate, there is nothing much I can do about it. They probably chose to write off the loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas