Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 09:22 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgal36 View Post
Thanks for mentioning that. I just assumed it was customary to wait to see acceptance and at that point tell the schools we are enrolling or no thanks (if we even got in). We only decided on our end very recently as our companies finally gave more clarity on post pandemic working.

I’ll look into officially withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else hoping to get in!
Good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 06:48 AM

446 posts, read 1,005,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersguy100 View Post
Imagine how fragile one's self esteem has to be to be to conceal that he was waitlisted at SM even after ultimately getting in? Honestly, when people talk about the absurdity and competitiveness of private school parents, this is maybe a prime example.
What a n unsympathetic, judgemental reaction to something I didn't think was the slightest bit surprising. These are kids, after all.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:11 AM

1,429 posts, read 1,777,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debtex View Post
What a n unsympathetic, judgemental reaction to something I didn't think was the slightest bit surprising. These are kids, after all.
Look, I've been there in that position of uncertainty. I have the utmost empathy for anyone waitlisted and their families. In some ways the uncertainty is worse than rejection because at least there is finality to a rejection and alternative plans can be made.

But I also think teaching kids of all ages about honesty is an important lesson. Kids who are waitlisted are not inferior to kids who were accepted. To be clear I'm not surprised that people act this way, I just think it confirms a lot of the negative stereotypes about the hyper-competitive game of applying to top private schools and that for some people the process serves as a way to benchmark themselves against their peers. Sorry if my opinion offends you.

Old 02-25-2021, 10:53 AM

27 posts, read 86,076 times
I agree with the honesty point. Sorry if I sounded mean, I'm just asking others. You don't have to share if you don't want to

I don't exactly want to share yet, I'll share the results and schools when we get them nevertheless of the outcome.

I PMed them, did they tell you?

Anywho, best of luck. 15 days until March 12th!

Old 03-08-2021, 12:59 PM

38 posts, read 79,407 times
Got the email from St Marks saying they will email decisions between 4 and 6pm. Getting nervous!

Old 03-08-2021, 06:57 PM

Getting more nervous as it comes... 4 days!!! Believe the school applied to sends results at around 4PM... about your time. Good luck, and I remind myself that it doesn't matter where the school address is, it is what is done with the intelligence that matters.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:32 PM

81 posts, read 92,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NueBlueBerry View Post
Getting more nervous as it comes... 4 days!!! Believe the school applied to sends results at around 4PM... about your time. Good luck, and I remind myself that it doesn't matter where the school address is, it is what is done with the intelligence that matters.
Whatever time they tell you, don't get nervous if you don't hear immediately or within the window. The reason they do it on Friday of Spring Break is they can hit send and be out the door before their chair stops spinning, and it gives people an entire 9 days before they can call with questions so they have time to get level headed and consider all their options.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:55 PM

Less than a day! Late afternoon results... one of the schools hasn't responded yet. Reminding myself to keep calm, and that it isn't the end of the world yet again.

Old 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,191,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NueBlueBerry View Post
Less than a day! Late afternoon results... one of the schools hasn't responded yet. Reminding myself to keep calm, and that it isn't the end of the world yet again.

I'm curious - what are the reasons you're so excited about private school ?

Old 03-11-2021, 09:18 PM

4 posts, read 11,298 times
Tomorrow is the day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas