Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 1,916 times

Advertisements

We are interested in the new homes at university place near UTD. Now, the base price there is about 630K for a 3000 sqft sfh.

https://www.beazer.com/dallas-tx/university-place

At this price range, we are not sure whether we should still consider this community. I am a little bit concerned my commute from there to university park (several blocks away from SMU) where I work. For 650K, I could find a smaller sfh at M-street (e.g., psw homes near mockingbird).

Any suggestions? Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 03:41 PM

63 posts, read 49,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaboy83 View Post
We are interested in the new homes at university place near UTD. Now, the base price there is about 630K for a 3000 sqft sfh.

https://www.beazer.com/dallas-tx/university-place

At this price range, we are not sure whether we should still consider this community. I am a little bit concerned my commute from there to university park (several blocks away from SMU) where I work. For 650K, I could find a smaller sfh at M-street (e.g., psw homes near mockingbird).

Any suggestions? Thx.

Look up info on DART's Silver Line and go from there in making decisions on University Place. If you work near SMU, I don't know that there's any reason to consider University Place.

Old 02-06-2021, 03:58 PM

625 posts, read 667,998 times
I think it interesting it bills itself as ‘In town Living’. It’s pretty far North to be ‘in town’.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
Look up info on DART's Silver Line and go from there in making decisions on University Place. If you work near SMU, I don't know that there's any reason to consider University Place.
The new phrase is a mile away from silver line. My wife prefers new homes. We can't afford new homes near university park.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:57 PM

468 posts, read 475,781 times
Well in that case the location at least seems pretty good for a decent commute. I just Don't know about those prices for new houses these days but you'll have Tons of shops and dining you can almost walk to if you wanted and even more if your game enough to bike. Plus you have pretty good public pisd schools. Of course there are lots of those apartments across coit who are zoned to your schools so they will be incredibly diverse both racially and economically. But it's great for the families who will take advantage of the resources the district has available there.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:31 PM

63 posts, read 49,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaboy83 View Post
The new phrase is a mile away from silver line. My wife prefers new homes. We can't afford new homes near university park.
I am only familiar with the development in as much as I drive by it on Coit all the time. The Silver Line will likely have a 40' sound wall where it crosses Coit, as the last plans called for an elevated rail line, and a 22' wall running the length. Just making sure anyone looking at the neighborhood is aware, because that rail line will look very different in a few years.

Old 02-06-2021, 10:17 PM

565 posts, read 558,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
Of course there are lots of those apartments across coit who are zoned to your schools so they will be incredibly diverse both racially and economically
His portion of Coit is the cut-off for plano senior and Plano West. Those apartments on the other side of coit won't be in his school feeder, they'll all go to West where he'll go Aldridge to Wilson to Plano Senior

Old 02-09-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
I am only familiar with the development in as much as I drive by it on Coit all the time. The Silver Line will likely have a 40' sound wall where it crosses Coit, as the last plans called for an elevated rail line, and a 22' wall running the length. Just making sure anyone looking at the neighborhood is aware, because that rail line will look very different in a few years.
Will the value of all homes in the university place be affected by the rail line?

Old 02-09-2021, 03:47 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,192,161 times
If you are somewhat neutral between the PSW homes at Glencoe and University Place I would take the closer-in neighborhood. Once those houses are built they are done .. one would think they will appreciate more over time. Plus the non-existent commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas