Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2021, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 545 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Dallas area in a few months. Can someone tell me what the neighborhood around 5310 Keller Springs is like? Is it a fairly safe area? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 01:05 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgiLuv View Post
I am moving to the Dallas area in a few months. Can someone tell me what the neighborhood around 5310 Keller Springs is like? Is it a fairly safe area? Thanks for your help.
You're looking at the Far North Dallas / Addison area.

Yes, it is safe.

As far as amenities, you're a short drive from the Galleria (one the nicer/bigger malls in DFW) and every type of retailer you can think of is nearby. In fact, Addison is known for having the most restaurants per-capita in the country (healthy mix of chain plus mom-and-pop establishments).

It is also one of the largest job hubs in DFW with a ton of corporate offices, so you will find a ton of young professionals in the surrounding area.

The best part about this area is that you're literally central to every trendy place in DFW (Uptown, Legacy Plano, Richardson, Las Colinas, etc. are all 15 minutes away).

The only thing I would caution you about is that the apartment complexes themselves can get sketchy. Not in terms of crime, but in terms of tenant mix and maintenance. The vast majority of the complexes, especially east of the Dallas North Tollway in Far North Dallas, were built 20+ years ago and have aged poorly. In response, they've also started accepting people who aren't very respectful towards their neighbors and struggle to pay their rent on time.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:06 PM

79 posts, read 74,441 times
I live close by, very nice area. (don't know the apartment complex though)

Old 03-05-2021, 09:10 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
I'm very familiar with that area. I agree with citidata18 on their assessment except that I am not so familiar with the apartments. 5310 is a condo community arguably a bit nicer than the 5300 condos next door but pales in comparison to the posh condo high-rise at the intersection with Knoll Trail Drive.

You'll be fine on a day-to-day basis. The worst thing you might need to be concerned about is the occasional car break-in.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:28 PM

565 posts, read 557,435 times
Good area, your basically wedged right inbetween Preston Country Club and Bent Tree country club. Apartments on Monfort closer to valley view mall and McCallum closer to coit are the 2 nearby "iffy" areas but it's far enough away from you + not that bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas