Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 02:37 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times

Advertisements

Much of Uptown isn't as conveniently accessible by public transit (though part of it is), so there's a good chance you'll have to drive to the workplace there. However, downtown Fort Worth is mostly pretty accessible from the TRE, so another option to consider would be living in Dallas with quick access to the TRE station and the Fort Worth worker having the longer commute, but one that allows reading, working or napping en route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 05:09 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Something to consider. Live on the Dallas side so that the person who works in Dallas does not have to do the literally worst commute EVER (driving east into the sunrise and west into the sunset). THE WORST. I would rather drive an hour to FW every day (and it’s less than an hour if you pick somewhere west of downtown like Design District or North Oak Cliff) then split it and have do be blinded by the sun 2X a day for most of the year

Old 03-04-2021, 05:42 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersguy100 View Post
Lots of people in my neighborhood of N Oak Cliff (just south and west of downtown Dallas) have a commute to Fort Worth, and honestly they say that it's not all that bad. Many have been doing it for years. 30-40 minutes on I-30 in the morning unless there's an accident, but that's for people who live 1-2 minutes from the highway onramp, and most tend to leave on the earlier side of the morning to avoid the worst of rush hour. They do say the commute home is less predictable. There are lots of apartments right near Sylvan Ave and I-30 that would keep your commute well under an hour on most days. The tricky part is that his commute to Uptown would be a dream at 10 minutes (unless he's way north in Uptown), so you might resent that. Honestly, there aren't lots of great solutions for your household's commuting situation. Most will be "next best" solutions.
^ THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Something to consider. Live on the Dallas side so that the person who works in Dallas does not have to do the literally worst commute EVER (driving east into the sunrise and west into the sunset). THE WORST. I would rather drive an hour to FW every day (and it’s less than an hour if you pick somewhere west of downtown like Design District or North Oak Cliff) then split it and have do be blinded by the sun 2X a day for most of the year
^ AND THIS

The options in between suck TBH. There’s no way I’d live in Arlington or Irving (Las Colinas). I agree with some of the other posts about one of you finding a different job too. The Dallas side in general has way more job opportunities.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:55 PM

1,846 posts, read 833,102 times
Would give the CentrePort area a look since it's right in the middle and next to a TRE station along with southern Las Colinas. North Arlington / South Euless Apartments are very hit and miss so do your research in those areas. Might want to ask on the FW forum for a different opinion as a lot of people here are going to recommend somewhere in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas