Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:19 AM

12 posts, read 60,129 times

Advertisements

Yeah as others have said those areas are pretty spread out but as far as where to LIVE...i say definately uptown in the city. I think its a great area for young single professionals. lots going on right outside your doorstep, but definately more expensive than living right in the areas you mentioned for work. Depends what you like though. I am 28 and personally love uptown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 PM

142 posts, read 394,766 times
I've heard this 'uptown' term used a lot here but which areas of dallas would be considered 'uptown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori8318 View Post
Yeah as others have said those areas are pretty spread out but as far as where to LIVE...i say definately uptown in the city. I think its a great area for young single professionals. lots going on right outside your doorstep, but definately more expensive than living right in the areas you mentioned for work. Depends what you like though. I am 28 and personally love uptown!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,517,430 times
Uptown is the large 'hood just north of Downtown Dallas. Uptown and Downtown are divided by Woodall Rodgers Freeway. The approx. boundaries of Uptown are:

Woodall Rodgers Freeway on the south
Central Expressway (I-75) on the east
Blackburn St. on the north
Stemmons Freeway (I-35) on the west

Old 05-15-2008, 01:14 PM

106 posts, read 284,047 times
My bed.

/giggity giggity

Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 AM

12 posts, read 56,772 times
Legacy and the Tollway has great townhomes in an awesome shopping center. Tons of restaurants, bars, movie theater, banks, shops all in a walking distance to you. I think they are built by KHovanian homes. You should check them out! You may get lucky and find one that someone is selling that is already finished, then you can move right in and not wait on the construction! I have a friend who might be selling, his is on Robbie Rd. You could mapquest it to find the exact location. What is your price range?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC Originally from Staten Island, NY born and raised
14 posts, read 39,483 times
Hey N sumner,
I am a single woman age 39 and I am looking to relocate there in Texas in Novenber of 08. Is addison a ggod place for me and alos richardson? Where is Preston and Beltine located in Texas? I will be in town for the July 4th holiday I will be going to Allen texas. Are these places very diverse?

Thanks Prosperous Soul

Old 05-26-2008, 08:17 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
Hello Prosperous Soul,
Beltline and Preston intersect in Addison which is North Dallas which is west of Richardson. very busy area with lots of restaurants, shopping, many business headquarters are here too. If you like fireworks, that's a great place to be for July4th.

Addison Texas

As far as diversity, it's not as diverse as Richardson but very friendly. Allen is pretty diverse too, so diverse that there is even a small Masjid.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas