Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:40 AM

189 posts, read 417,983 times

Advertisements

We're not really close to retirement, but somehow got on the Robson Ranch mailing list. I'm from Waco originally, now live in Iowa. LIke it here, but not sure I want to shovel snow when I retire. What is Robson Ranch like? It looks nice on the brochures, but of course it would there. How far is it to decent health care, shopping, library etc? Anyone live there and tell me what it's really like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
Robson Ranch is actually several miles south of Denton near I-35W, which runs south to Ft Worth. Denton is a fairly large town now, with all the services you mentioned (although I might go to Ft Worth for serious hospital care). I can't say what it's 'really like, having never been there. I imagine it's pricey.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Robson Ranch will be having some Barnett Shale wells drilled on it pretty soon--if not currently--
they allow no privacy fences so if you have a dog you might find it difficult to allow it outside
they do enforce their subdivision laws strictly so if there is possibility you might have a younger person (under 55) come to live with you for ecxtended period (which is not allowed) you might want to consider moving there--don't think grandkids can be in residence for more than 2 weeks at a time
they do have activities like golf (course on site) and bridge and other interests--know of only one person who lives there (woman single retired from American Airlines) and she likes ti very much...there are NO trees in subdivision except what are planted--it is fairly boring topography--flat pasture land originally--

Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM

26 posts, read 122,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Robson Ranch is actually several miles south of Denton near I-35W, which runs south to Ft Worth. Denton is a fairly large town now, with all the services you mentioned (although I might go to Ft Worth for serious hospital care). I can't say what it's 'really like, having never been there. I imagine it's pricey.
Denton, Texas has two fine hospital just 7 miles away from Robson Ranch.

Moderator cut: soliciting is not permitted

Last edited by autumngal; 06-19-2008 at 10:01 AM..

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM

9 posts, read 51,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty2006 View Post
We're not really close to retirement, but somehow got on the Robson Ranch mailing list. I'm from Waco originally, now live in Iowa. LIke it here, but not sure I want to shovel snow when I retire. What is Robson Ranch like? It looks nice on the brochures, but of course it would there. How far is it to decent health care, shopping, library etc? Anyone live there and tell me what it's really like?
We have lived here for almost three years. Robson Ranch is a very active adult community. If you cannot find a club you want to join, start a new one. There are about 1100 homes here now going toward 7200. Robson Ranch is located 7 miles south of Denton, Texas. Denton has two very good hosipitals less that 10 miles. If you decide to buy here, do yourself a favor, check out the resales. The base price the Robson Ranch sales office gives you requires a lot of upgrades to get to the house you would want. Many of the resales are loaded with upgrades and they are bargins right now. fwduck

Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 AM

Gas wells are being drilled in Robson Ranch now. They are away from the existing houses. After the wells are finished, they will be surrounded by a fence with landscaping around the fence. The well site will be on 5 acres which will be a green area and landscaped. I live here and do not have a problem with the gas wells.

You are correct, they do not allow privicay fences and the rules are enforced to the benifit of all. I am putting up the only fence allowed here, a black iron 4 ft fence. I would not want a privacy fence, it would block the view of the lake and golf course.

No one under 19 can live in Robson Ranch on a permanent basis.

There are so many activites here that you can not do everything. You can Google, etc to get much more information on Robson Ranch.

Note to administrater: I don't know any other way to contact you. I am trying to obey your rules.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM

There are currently 1250 finished homes in Robson Ranch now. The gas wells are being drilled but are away from the homes. Each well, when drilling is finished, will be located on 5 acres, be fenced off with landscaping around it. There are currently many preowned homes for sale well below what it cost to build new. You can get much information by Goggle, (Robson Ranch, preowned, retirement, lifestyle) in the advanced search.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 AM

8 posts, read 52,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck3775 View Post
There are currently 1250 finished homes in Robson Ranch now. The gas wells are being drilled but are away from the homes. Each well, when drilling is finished, will be located on 5 acres, be fenced off with landscaping around it. There are currently many preowned homes for sale well below what it cost to build new. You can get much information by Goggle, (Robson Ranch, preowned, retirement, lifestyle) in the advanced search.
With all respect, the above comment is a bit misleading. I was there in Nov '08 and personally saw an enormous gas drilling rig less than 75 yds from the rear patio of an existing $500M home. If Robson does not do any better job in landscaping the wells (after drilling) than they did on the water wells (existing) then they (the gas wells) will be very visable. Before buying, make sure you understand all of the quality of life issues inherent in gas drilling and servicing opertations.

Robson Ranch is a great community with facilities/amenities second to none, but you need to understand what you're buying into.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,834 times
I have lived in RR for just about 1 1/2 years. I love it, but beepster above is right. It isn't for everyone. Yes, there are visible gas wells around and will likely be more soon. However, as long as they abide by the bi-laws and city regulations, I don't think the residential areas or property values will be adversely affected, but as Beepster pointed out, you need to know what you're getting into. I'm getting a little worried about it myself because I see signs of both RR and the city of Denton trying to change the rules of the game on us.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,745 times
Any updates on the gas wells in Robson Ranch, we are thinking of buying and would like to know the latest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas